• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
that image is impossible; Excluding the impossibility of the dinosaur's limbs being long enough to reach the controls AND having no opposable thumb, At the smallest a tyrannosaurus is already more than twice the weight of an average jet fighter ( 19.6 tons ).

knowledge:

incredibly awesome indeed :suess:

and that will be the dumbest post any of you will ever see from me.
you won all my respect with that post. you are my new god, **** you aura.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Bouse isn't coming back either, so Lootic still has the opportunity to switch idols.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys? Is it illegal to bring bullets to school? If it is, I might be in a bit of hot water.
Also, I'm (legally) allowed back into Factoria Mall in 10 days! A year sure does pass by fast, I wonder if the cops are still sore about that.

Also, I know that I was just named one of the funniest members on the Link boards, but I assure you this isn't a joke.

Doesn't mean it's not funny though. xD
But if you want a joke, go look at the Toon Link boards.

And isn't Aura gone to Cali for some sort of record deal? He's been posting around whenever Shadyfoo does, but it's like he peeks in at strange moments.

And in conclusion, heroin > hemp. Oh wait, we're talking about fabrics? Well, you could TRY to wear heroin, I guess...

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hey guys? Is it illegal to bring bullets to school? If it is, I might be in a bit of hot water.
Also, I'm (legally) allowed back into Factoria Mall in 10 days! A year sure does pass by fast, I wonder if the cops are still sore about that.
Well, as long as you don't have the cartridge with the gunpowder and primer, and just the top, I guess it's fine. People may overreact and go screaming away when you show them the piece of lead in you hands shaped vaguely like a rounded pyramid, but honestly at that point the piece of lead in your hands is about as dangerous as a rock. And it takes the same type of force to hurt people too (aka throwing it).

Wafflez got banned from the mall? What did you do, knock down the entire kid's playground section?

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Well, as long as you don't have the cartridge with the gunpowder and primer, and just the top, I guess it's fine. People may overreact and go screaming away when you show them the piece of lead in you hands shaped vaguely like a rounded pyramid, but honestly at that point the piece of lead in your hands is about as dangerous as a rock. And it takes the same type of force to hurt people too (aka throwing it).

Wafflez got banned from the mall? What did you do, knock down the entire kid's playground section?
Uhm, not quite. Have you ever wondered what was inside one of those abandoned stores at the mall?
And been so perplexed by it that you actually caused $1,200 worth of damage breaking into it just to see what was inside?

Well, don't ever do it. It's empty inside and when you get caught by the cops, they handcuff you and you spend about 2 hours being interrogated.

My friend (who was with me at the time) had to pay for the window I broke (lol). Luckily I was let go with a warning, 1 year ban from the mall and no charges were filed.
Rumor has it the old Orange Julius at that mall got closed down. I wonder what's inside?...

And also, the bullets were just the actual slugs of a .357 hollow point magnum round. The cartridge had been stripped off, my friend collected the gunpowder (presumably to make a pipe bomb) and the primers were missing. So I guess I'm okay.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Uhm, not quite. Have you ever wondered what was inside one of those abandoned stores at the mall?
And been so perplexed by it that you actually caused $1,200 worth of damage breaking into it just to see what was inside?

And also, the bullets were just the actual slugs of a .357 hollow point magnum round. The cartridge had been stripped off, my friend collected the gunpowder (presumably to make a pipe bomb) and the primers were missing. So I guess I'm okay.
Well, I can certainly say I have wondered what was inside some of those empty stores (Some sort of secret Russian government project <_<) but I can't say I've ever broken into one of them.
Breaking windows= very bad.

Yes, the slugs should be fine to bring to school. Well, actually, it depends on whether you're going to start throwing them at teachers, administration, or the janitors.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Yep. Definitely legal. Just like KKK, except that's terrible. KKK is an example of how our country has many flaws, despite people saying it's the best. No country will ever be perfect, which kind of sucks. Back to Link.

Link is a trans. He wears a short skirt, leggings, and earrings. Reminds me of a boy in my school.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Link is a trans. He wears a short skirt, leggings, and earrings. Reminds me of a boy in my school.
Wow, this coming from a marth main. When you say trans it implies you see at least some masculine features as opposed to marth, which, basically, is pure female.

I seriously think Marth's weapon of choice in SB4 will be a purse.

sasook

Smash Champion
*sigh* Guys, I need help. I keep losing to this guy that mains Link, and his playstyle is pretty much to projectile spam, then when I get close, smash spam. The project spam doesn't bother me too much, I can get around it, but omg, the smash spam is soooo annoying.

What's worse, if I try to use a smash attack at the same time as him, his always hits. He knows his range, I'll give him that much. He's really good at powershielding, doesn't use any AT's at all, and is overly defensive. How do I get around this?

Link is a nazi. He has blue eyes, blond hair. Kills men from the dessert that has big noses. Kokiri Forest certainly is a hitler jugend(why would be like people telled hed die if he left it). Linke is german for left. Reminds me of a boy in my school.
fixed...

wonder how many times I will use this joke

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Wow, this coming from a marth main. When you say trans it implies you see at least some masculine features as opposed to marth, which, basically, is pure female.

I seriously think Marth's weapon of choice in SB4 will be a purse.
I'm not gonna lie. Marth does look like a girl. But he actually is one. Due to American localization, he became a guy since they didn't think there could be a female lord, despite the fact that they made Eirika and Micaiah. Notice that Marth wears a tiara. What guy wears a tiara besides maybe Elton John?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
*sigh* Guys, I need help. I keep losing to this guy that mains Link, and his playstyle is pretty much to projectile spam, then when I get close, smash spam. The project spam doesn't bother me too much, I can get around it, but omg, the smash spam is soooo annoying.

What's worse, if I try to use a smash attack at the same time as him, his always hits. He knows his range, I'll give him that much. He's really good at powershielding, doesn't use any AT's at all, and is overly defensive. How do I get around this?
Powershield. Walk. Powershield. Walk. Powershield. Walk. Shield. Grab. Throw. Powershield. Walk. Powershield. Walk. Shield. Grab. Throw.

This strategy always works on me, because I always smashspam when somebody gets too close. Link's grab range is just enough to take advantage of a shielded smash.
I learned how to powershield approach well because my friend uses Pit. But you wouldn't know it on WiFi. Stupid lag.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I hate fighting people like that that think they're so good but they really suck. Do the same thing to him. Pick Snake or Lucas, someone with a great projectile game. Coincidentally, those two characters have a gay smash attack spam game. How convenient.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman

Break his thumbs?

Kidding. I have similar troubles with a Wolf player who laser spams, then rolldodges everywhere and spams smashes and jabs.
Just shield through all his projectiles and the moment he starts smashing, shieldgrab him or keep him within reasonable reach with Zair. The best part of spammers like that is that their off-stage game is usually terrible, so get him off the ledge and harass him until he learns to wise up.

Also the best thing about rolldodging spammers like that is they have an odd tendency to camp themselves at an edge after a KO. Go right in front of them the moment you respawn, and start charging up a Fsmash facing away from him. 9 out of 10 times he'll act on instinct to try and roll past the Fsmash, and end up rolling right into it. I learned this lesson the hard way.

If all else fails, break his thumbs.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Well, if it's offline, yell at him like an angry cat. If it's online, block him and message him with threats. Threats of SPAMMING HIS INBOX!!! D: What a sin. Yeah, just adjust and shield lol I did that with a Marth player who spammed counter and nothing but it. I picked up a pattern (Never try to combo) and stuck with it. It was an epic battle with my mind and fingers, debate weather or not to combo but keep my fingers away from attacking once more. Pick up defense patterns, know his attack patterns and use it against him.
If all else fails
break his thumbs.

sasook

Smash Champion
Yeah it's online. He always wants to play me because I taught him how to play Link, and then he went and decided to get all spammy. I keep telling him "my god, stop smashing. You only decay your moves that way. In case you haven't noticed, you don't even come close to killing me before 190%. There's a reason why" but he just won't listen.(the highest I ever lived against him was 250%)

And yeah, I loovvveeeee to combo with Link. What's more, I love to play close range with Link. I tried the walk, shield thing, but the shield never came up fast enough, or came up too soon and got severely damaged.:(

I KNOW I'm better than him, but because he always wins, he refuses to take my advice.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Yeah it's online. He always wants to play me because I taught him how to play Link, and then he went and decided to get all spammy. I keep telling him "my god, stop smashing. You only decay your moves that way. In case you haven't noticed, you don't even come close to killing me before 190%. There's a reason why" but he just won't listen.(the highest I ever lived against him was 250%)

And yeah, I loovvveeeee to combo with Link. What's more, I love to play close range with Link. I tried the walk, shield thing, but the shield never came up fast enough, or came up too soon and got severely damaged.:(

I KNOW I'm better than him, but because he always wins, he refuses to take my advice.
If its online DO NOT try to perfect shield. Just outspam him and tell him that you won't play him until he improves.

sasook

Smash Champion
Yeah I suppose so. I have to work on my spam game, it really is lacking. I can't aim thrown bombs from the air at all. Maybe I'll spam zair.

Another thing, he still wants me to teach him farther. So, I try to do some advanced things in our matches (pivot boosting, bombslides, jab locks) but he doesn't really pick up on it. Like, he doesn't even recognize it as an AT. I once put him in a jab lock infinite on Delfino, he had no reaction whatsoever, so I said that was called a jab lock. But all he said was good game.

Meh, seems spamming is the way to go, though I'd prefer not to.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Force him to show you two new techniques every round you have with him, or just tell him you won't play him. Tell him that he really isn't learning anything by being spammy, especially on WiFi. Let him know that he needs to go out and challenge people in his area.
(Or you could invite him to fight me. I promise I will beat him to a crying pulp so that he will actually REALIZE he needs to improve his game, and the only way to do it is to learn what you're teaching him).

In summary:
At least someone idolizes you. I'm just the no-lifeing joker from the boards.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
lol Anonano, we all love you :D (No homo) Your jokes make the atmosphere of the boards.... lighter. They're fun to read. :3 And seriously, tell him to improve, look like a normal Link, than you'll play him. :p It's a bit ridiculous. It's terrible because it's online and you can't do anything BUT tell him you won't play him. At least irl you can yell at him and tell it to their face.
Or
break his thumbs.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
(No homo)
GET AWAY FROM ME!!!

Oh, and just to let you and Sasook know, on the NEW CHAT WEBSITE we discussed spamming both of you and having you upload all of our replays onto WiFi for us.

Well, I would appreciate it if you guys would, but... :p

Ok sasook want some ideas on how to spam? throw rang then start charge arrow when then shoot the arrow when you feel the timing is right(when the opponent is open), repeat. when he have pulled a bomb have the rang out all the time. always SH all over the places and throw rang and occasionally pull bomb.
SH bombthrow > arrowcancel is working pretty well(I guess he is rolldodging spamming too). dont bombslide fthrow against links(guess you have noticed) it hurts. dont pull bomb when gale returns. ledge stall, (depending on lag lol)

Agent Snop

Smash Ace
Ok sasook want some ideas on how to spam? throw rang then start charge arrow when then shoot the arrow when you feel the timing is right(when the opponent is open), repeat. when he have pulled a bomb have the rang out all the time. always SH all over the places and throw rang and occasionally pull bomb.
SH bombthrow > arrowcancel is working pretty well(I guess he is rolldodging spamming too). dont bombslide fthrow against links(guess you have noticed) it hurts. dont pull bomb when gale returns. ledge stall, (depending on lag lol)
Hey sasook , when you start kicking his azz & winning , don't teach him anything . Your friend sounds like , he going to learn stuff the hard way.

yea dont learn ****ers how to play, they dont deserve it. wait until he begs you on his bare knees. Give him a maybe and then you make him wax your cars, paint your house and so on.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I never go easy on people. If you want to learn how to play a game at my house, you're on your own.

sasook

Smash Champion
Well...we could use this again since blu link's is closed.

EDIT: Oh wait, he made a group.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
links boomerange from twilight is great but they should have gave him the ability to use the iron ball thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom