• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) We seriously need to have SkullGirls at Genesis 3

Bad Cupboard

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking this, but wasn't sure how feasible it would be.

I really hope it happens, it would be a good way to show that the communities shouldn't hate each other's guts.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I'm buying everything Mike Z-related from now on. That's how I'll show my support for them.

TL?

Smash Ace
It doesn't need to happen. If you want to show respect and help out SG then pick up the game and show up to and support THEIR TOURNAMENTS.

Life

Smash Hero
When I said it, it was "********" and so was I. When M2K says it... well, objections, but respect as well.

Of course, this was when we were worried about both Smash and SG getting nuked by ST.

Still think it's a good idea.

wqqqqwrt

Smash Cadet
I was thinking this, but wasn't sure how feasible it would be.

I really hope it happens, it would be a good way to show that the communities shouldn't hate each other's guts.
IT probably won't be a problem. I think the reason a lot of the hate coming from SSBM to SG wasn't directed to the players but rather the the fact that a lot of the donations weren't coming from SG side, but rather like VA's whoring themselves on stream, and posting misleading reddit threads (Mr Fanatiq).

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
IT probably won't be a problem. I think the reason a lot of the hate coming from SSBM to SG wasn't directed to the players but rather the the fact that a lot of the donations weren't coming from SG side, but rather like VA's whoring themselves on stream, and posting misleading reddit threads (Mr Fanatiq).
I agree with the VA part, but don't dress the fact up that we did the exact same thing as them for reddit posts supporting melee (that got 100s of upvotes) not explaining that it was a part of a bigger competition and only including the melee donation page.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
The G3 staff already said it's not happening.
?

I'm not sure if they have. I know they said they can't commit to anything because there's a lot of logistics to work out, but as far as I know it hasn't been completely ruled out.

I'd like to see it happen though. It would be a good gesture, but more so it would bring our communities together and I think both communities would benefit =D

BrandX

Smash Ace
I personally think this is the second best option for us. I could go ahead and spread this news and somehow get enough people to show up, it's possible.

If only I could talk to the TO's themselves...

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Please have some freaking faith in me, I absolutely know what I am talking about here.

Support Mike Z's stuff from now on

TRUST ME

just trust me
He had me from his speech. I enjoyed skullgirls before, but now I feel actually invested in wanting Mike to succeed.

JBoogieG

Smash Rookie
Do you really have to call the VAs trying to support Skullgirls 'whoring themselves'? That's pretty damn low class.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Do you really have to call the VAs trying to support Skullgirls 'whoring themselves'? That's pretty damn low class.
Those reactions are just saltiness over not having any dev support on our side. Even getting a spot in EVO doesn't fill that void.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Yeah. Winning just isn't enough for some people.

To the people being salty, GET OVER IT. You won, have some damn dignity.

Browny

Smash Hater
Erm, why?

If melee lost, would you expect them to host a melee tourney at the next big SG tournament?

If you made this calll like, a month ago, maybe it would make sense. But now it seems like its a bit of a rub in their faces if you honestly reach out to them and ask them to come to a 100% smash tourney. Im sure smashers would revel in the chance to have a joke side tournament at an SG tournament while the week after SG has its time on the big stage at evo...

Unless its for the people who were going to genesis anyway to have an SG tournament. In which case... why dont you just ask the G3 staff themselves. Posting it here seems kinda pointless. Also anyone who wanted to would just set up a tournament themselves. Not like its going to get siginificant numbers to require re-scheduling of G3.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
If melee lost, would you expect them to host a melee tourney at the next big SG tournament?
:smirk:Sure. When the next big Skullgirls tournament comes along, Melee can totally hitch a ride.:smirk:

Skullgirls doesn't have big tournaments. That's why we were trying to get to EVO.

dkuo

Smash Lord
PLEASE trust me

there is a reason i can't say any more than this

I just ask for you all to trust me and listen to me this time
does it have something to do with being able to communicate with mike z by any chance
/guessing

i'm all for this btw. but it really depends on
1 - sg's community reception
2 - general consensus on our part (more notably the g3 team)

throw a poll in both directions and see how it turns out

Cassio

Smash Master
Both communities need to find a way to open up communication and support each other. Well itd be nice if thatd happen with us and other competitive games in general, but now that we've established this connection with the Skull Girl community there should be more networking on how one community can help the other. We should be finding out the best ways to help each other aside from just one time deals.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Might be a bad idea. How would the SG community feel about attending a tournament run by the guys who beat them? Their attendance is already low and their less likely to attend genesis than any other tourney.

:phone:

BrandX

Smash Ace
Might be a bad idea. How would the SG community feel about attending a tournament run by the guys who beat them? Their attendance is already low and their less likely to attend genesis than any other tourney.

:phone:
I don't see it that way. The SG community as a whole is in full respect of you guys and since you plan on holding Genesis 3 in California (Which is where a ton of SkullGirls players are located), attendance would be very surprising.

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
I think bringing Skullgirls to Genesis 3 is a great Idea. Just ask yourself:

"What would Goku do?"

He would stretch out his hand and ask the opponent he beat in an epic, close struggle generations to come will talk about to celebrate together with him and to prepare himself for the next time.

What better way to do that than to have a hype-off and community mingling at G3. Imo, we owe it to them, because without them, we wouldn't have been able to raise over $220k for a good cause.

wqqqqwrt

Smash Cadet
YES
As long as someone says "DO IT ITS FOR THE BOOBS" I can't respect them. It completely undermines breast cancer and the donation drive. They are just using BCR as a cover up for their donation drive. If they were truly advocating for BCR they would advertise the drive in its entirety. Not only would they get more donations that way, but they wouldn't be using it as a tool for people to donate. (Mr. Fanatiq is the biggest tool here)

It's an open board I can say whatever I want
and im not checking this so im not responding to your damn comments.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
That's true.

If we're at EVO, we're going have to get used to having other fighting games in the same tournament. And honestly, I think most people would be down to give it a shot (or at least let it run without being bothered LOL).

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Would this be out of pity because we beat them in the donation drive or because people legitimately want to support SkullGirls because they played it and enjoyed the game?

-Ran

Smash Master
Don't be rude guys. When we get to Evo, we have to be VERY respectful

The way we act at Evo, ABOVE ALL ELSE, will affect our ENTIRE FUTURE

needless to say I'm showering and dressing better from now on lol (at least at evo ill be not lazy)
Everyone, break out the sports jackets.

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
YES
As long as someone says "DO IT ITS FOR THE BOOBS" I can't respect them. It completely undermines breast cancer and the donation drive. They are just using BCR as a cover up for their donation drive. If they were truly advocating for BCR they would advertise the drive in its entirety. Not only would they get more donations that way, but they wouldn't be using it as a tool for people to donate. (Mr. Fanatiq is the biggest tool here)

It's an open board I can say whatever I want
and im not checking this so im not responding to your damn comments.
It's called Marketing and it was successful just like why those wrist bands got so popular. As much as I didn't like it either you still have to respect that they used their resources intelligently.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Would this be out of pity because we beat them in the donation drive or because people legitimately want to support SkullGirls because they played it and enjoyed the game?
Out of respect for worthy competitors in one of the hypest moments I've ever seen in the Melee community and out of legitimate interest in a game that managed to garner hype rivaling out own?

NAh, we just pity them foos.

Top Bottom