• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need Wavedashing, we must take action to assure it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
you know, those melee fans on the development team probably didn't play competitively. Or could even wavedash for that matter.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
LMAO!!! I laughed so loud when I read this...

[Sarcasm]Yeah Sakurai, you're wrong! even though there is a development team of Melee fans, You're doing this wrong![/Sarcasm]

Wavedashing = Bug ---> Now it's fixed. You can't enjoy something that wasn't planned and ruin the strategy and feel of the game.

it wasnt a bug or a glitch it was an exploitation of the physics system... there is a big difference

Regenerator

Smash Cadet
I can't imagine playing Brawl without Wavedashing, especially because the better I get, the more I apply and use Wavedashing, instinctively even, and there's a LOT of depth that can be unfolded with Wavedashing still in.

Why should things such as Bowser's Flame Cancel be in Brawl while Wavedashing isn't????

We need this back, we need to all write to Nintendo/Sakurai and tell him that what he's doing is a BIG mistake that needs to be fixed.
I can't be bothered right now to read through way to many pages, so this might have already been said.

M2K, I highly respect you as a Smasher, but you're just making yourself look stupid right now.
Do you honestly believe that you became the #1 Smasher thanks to wavedashing (or any other advanced tech)? Because I don't. If so, then you aren't as confident about your skills as you should be.
Or you're just afraid of losing your position as the best Smasher in the world.

In my oppinion, Smash (like most other competitive games) is all about outsmarting your opponent. The only thing that advanced techs do, is give you more options to do so.
All the avid tourny goers have the exact same tools to outsmart their opponents as you do, yet you still manage to beat them.
Why? Because you can wavedash better? I think not!
It's because they can't outsmart you. And if you and your opponent both fight without any advanced techs, they still shouldn't be able to do that.

To quote countless of Smashers:
MINDGAMEZ SON!!! (I've always wanted to say that :laugh:)

And if depth is all you care about, then I think that you won't have anything to worry about with Brawl.
Along with the new official techs, people WILL find many unofficial ones for you to use.
In just one day of playing Brawl, people have already found completely new techs. And there will be more.

Just have faith in Brawll and the Smash community to uncover it's hidden depth.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i think M2K is annoyed because there seems to be no reason to remove wavedashing whereas there are many reasons as to why it should be left in.

Dizzynin

Smash Rookie
And if depth is all you care about, then I think that you won't have anything to worry about with Brawl.
Along with the new official techs, people WILL find many unofficial ones for you to use.
In just one day of playing Brawl, people have already found completely new techs. And there will be more.

Just have faith in Brawll and the Smash community to uncover it's hidden depth.
...If there's anything to find. It seems that the developers are bent on making the game more casual-oriented--maybe they're more careful this time not to leave out any glitches or exploits? I also wouldn't be surprised if they removed the Ink Drop by the time the game is released...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more ATs and thus more depth, but I'm just naturally a pessimist. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

JEBesh

Smash Cadet
i think M2K is annoyed because there seems to be no reason to remove wavedashing whereas there are many reasons as to why it should be left in.
no reason to remove it?

how about that it was an UNINTENDED EXPLOITATION of the physics of the game?

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry but this is a very sad thread...as much as I love wavedashing I have to say that it will probally never be seen again in future smash (unless some otehr method is discovered

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok it was unintended but how did it harm the game in any way?
It seemed to just make it better.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
If you want WD'ing so bad, stick with Melee.

M2King, you're clearly the type of person who is so conservative, your world would shatter if you wake up in the morning and your shoes were on the left side of the room instead of the usual right side.

Brawl is not Melee. Deal with it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think you are overestimating the importance of Wavedashing and underestimating the pro players.

People had to learn new strategies from the transition of 64 to Melee...of course the same thing will happen in Brawl. If the pros can adapt, they will succeed onto champions in Brawl...

It's not like they ONLY use wavedashing to win matches

Nintendude

Smash Hero
no reason to remove it?

Technically an exploit is like anything unintended that exists because of what's in the game. With this definition, aren't a lot of chaingrabs exploits? What about some of the really elaborate combos with characters like Marth and Falcon? They just happened to result from the character designs and physics. Same with wavedashing.

Mikagami

Smash Rookie
So no wavedashing = no competitive play? Laughable. Since when are exploits the basis of competitive play?

Fletch

Smash Master
no reason to remove it?

How about it gave this game infinitely more depth, allowed for a real competitive scene, and made the community what it is today? This "exploitation" did far more positive than negative.

JEBesh

Smash Cadet
ok it was unintended but how did it harm the game in any way?
It seemed to just make it better.
because it was an exploitation.

it altered the flow of the game in a way that Sakurai did not intend, and caused people to begin to work around this exploitation to the point where they depend on it. if you need an example, look at M2K. that is obviously not how sakurai intended his game to be played and obviously, with the removal of it, isn't how he WANTS IT. you can't argue with that, people. if you don't like how sakurai works don't play his **** game.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I hope Melee still has a thriving competitive scene once Brawl is out. I don't like the things that are happening in Brawl.

Melee = CS 1.6
Brawl = Source

Pick one.

DeityLink

Smash Rookie
Well first of all, wavedashing is a glitch in Melee. So therefore, it's called cheating. All Sakurai's team did was fix a problem that was in Melee.

Also did you ever consider that it was a demo that was played and not the final copy? So in theory, until the final version of the game is on shelves, nothing is confirmed. Even Mario isn't 100% confirmed as a playable character until the game hits stores.

If the demo holds true, I am happy that wavedashing is gone. I don't want basically the same game again, if wavedashing is truly gone did you ever think that there will many more advanced techniques to take its place?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Well first of all, wavedashing is a glitch in Melee. So therefore, it's called cheating. All Sakurai's team did was fix a problem that was in Melee.
It's cheating even if anyone can learn it and apply it?:confused:
The only thing that can be considered cheating is something that is unbeatable. I think the only example of that is an infinite stall after gaining a lead, which is why it's banned.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are already glitches in Brawl found...Pros will exploit them.

If a pro can't win unless they wavedash they aren't that good in the first place anyway. They will adapt and suceed with their skill and the exploitation of other things.

Mikagami

Smash Rookie
There are already glitches in Brawl found...Pros will exploit them.

If a pro can't win unless they wavedash they aren't that good in the first place anyway. They will adapt and suceed with their skill and the exploitation of other things.
What glitches have been found in Brawl? Name one.

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Gltiches can and should be used in competative play.

abuse anything you can. however, dont whine if you cant abuse it.

beit because you suck and cant do it, or it got removed.

accept things and move on, both "sides".

JEBesh

Smash Cadet
It's cheating even if anyone can learn it and apply it?:confused:
The only thing that can be considered cheating is something that is unbeatable. I think the only example of that is an infinite stall after gaining a lead, which is why it's banned.
the only thing that can be considered cheating is something ubeatable? where did you get that logic from?

so if an athlete uses steroids, he must be completely unbeatable or it's not considered cheating?

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't this thread closed? Are the mods biased towards "pro" Melee players who beat dead horses to oblivion?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
the only thing that can be considered cheating is something ubeatable? where did you get that logic from?

so if an athlete uses steroids, he must be completely unbeatable or it's not considered cheating?
Ok fine cheating is also the use of external ways to give you an advantage. I figured that was implied though. How about you respond to my other point about exploits too.

Mikagami

Smash Rookie
Well moonwalking is still in the game and Ink dropping is apparently a glitch
With all due respect, "Ink Dropping" is just exploiting physics that the developers put in intentionally. I can't speak on behalf of Moonwalking though, so if that's a glitch, I stand corrected. :)

Regenerator

Smash Cadet
...If there's anything to find. It seems that the developers are bent on making the game more casual-oriented--maybe they're more careful this time not to leave out any glitches or exploits? I also wouldn't be surprised if they removed the Ink Drop by the time the game is released...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more ATs and thus more depth, but I'm just naturally a pessimist. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.
If? I truly believe that it's impossible to take out every bug/glitch/exploit that's in Brawl before it launches. Let alone, being able to foresee how we use and combine the moves and techs they give us.

And keep in mind that both SSB and SSB:M are party games made for the casual player.
Nobody could've known about their competitive viabilty when we first started playing.
We can only hope that Brawl turns out to be the same.

Like I said: "Have faith in Brawl".
I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom