• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Wavedashing helps since people can't spam air dodges unless they feel like getting punished, but not much. We might be able to do combos easier with the lack of air dodge after air dodge but they still won't be classified as true without an increase in hit stun. WDing is just fun to do, imo, as well as a good spacing technique.

MuBa

Smash Lord
We need the right amount of hit stun where it'll be enough to combo but not enough to create infinites because stale moves can do that.

Having a delicate amount of hit stun might be the toughest thing to code up.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
when r ppl gonna realize that adding hitstun wont do anything cus brawls mechanics makes it so u can air dodge right after ur attacked and thats what needs to be stopped and then adding hitstun will actually do something

B.W.

Smash Champion
We need the right amount of hit stun where it'll be enough to combo but not enough to create infinites because stale moves can do that.

I completely forgot about the stale moves thing. Would there be any possible way to take that out? I mean, we've taken out tripping. It may take some work, but I'm sure it'd be worth it in the long run.

If that were to be removed then the only thing we would need is Melee hitstun. Maybe a little more thanks to everything being super slow and floaty.

when r ppl gonna realize that adding hitstun wont do anything cus brawls mechanics makes it so u can air dodge right after ur attacked and thats what needs to be stopped and then adding hitstun will actually do something
Um.. The reason you can air dodge right after you're attacked is because there's no hitstun.

Adding hitstun will prevent people from air dodging after they've been attacked.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
EDIT:forget everything i said cus nothing gets thru u guys head, when will u realize melee physics in brawl wont make it better

PS. IWontGetOverTheDam wont get a life either cus he wastes his time on smashboards posting nonsense, and i bet he plays WoW/Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh/etc. religiously, just look at his post count and join date, its a joke

MuBa

Smash Lord
sorry to everyone that just flamed me because they thought they knew what they were talking about, no matter the hitstun of a move u can air dodge immediately
Actually you don't understand the fact that when you add hitstun, the opponent will not be able to air dodge or retaliate in the least bit hence opening up to combos, which Brawl needs badly.

Also L-Canceling would make the game so much more smoother.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord

Sheik said:
"Nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-tah-nn-nn-nn-tah-nn-tah-tah-tah-nn..."
over9000ftilts

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Massive facepalms were induced. -_-;

Just checking in to say I'm just about done with my tutorial thread.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Actually you don't understand the fact that when you add hitstun, the opponent will not be able to air dodge or retaliate in the least bit hence opening up to combos, which Brawl needs badly.

Also L-Canceling would make the game so much more smoother.
Hustla's (alarmingly valid) point is that Brawl doesn't know wtf "hitstun" is. It is easy to manipulate a variable, it is NOT easy (or even possible, really) to fabricate a new game mechanic out of nothing.

However, I have heard that there are some stickers that create hitstun, but those might be on the SSE part of the disc, so who knows.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
sorry to everyone that just flamed me because they thought they knew what they were talking about, no matter the hitstun of a move u can air dodge immediately, this is why ppl make fun of the brawl community because u guys are pretty much all idiots, and one more time ADDIN HITSTUN WONT DO ANYTHING and this has been discussed over and over and over by the hackers making the codes(well some of them), next time u ppl flame someone get some info first idiots

iwontgetoverthedam wont ever get a life either cus he wastes his time coming up with horrible names, im done with u noobs who think they no what theyre talking about
It's clear you don't know anything about Brawl, Melee, the game's physics, or anything Smash in general. If you can't actually add anything to the conversation, don't be a fool and pretend you can.

Oh, and the time it took me to come up with my username was the time it took to type it out. I was listening to music, I heard that lyric, typed it in, and that was that. How many hours did it take you to come up with "IM_A_HUSTLA"? I'm thinking it was the same amount of time it took for you to think, "How can I get people to think I'm really cool?"

Revven

FrankerZ
I completely forgot about the stale moves thing. Would there be any possible way to take that out? I mean, we've taken out tripping. It may take some work, but I'm sure it'd be worth it in the long run.

If that were to be removed then the only thing we would need is Melee hitstun. Maybe a little more thanks to everything being super slow and floaty.

Um.. The reason you can air dodge right after you're attacked is because there's no hitstun.

Adding hitstun will prevent people from air dodging after they've been attacked.
Actually, all that would need to be done is take what Training has and put it into Normal Brawls. Training ignores stale moves, so... just take that and bam, there you go, we wouldn't need to remove stale moves because it's already removed in Training mode. :p

sorry to everyone that just flamed me because they thought they knew what they were talking about, no matter the hitstun of a move u can air dodge immediately, this is why ppl make fun of the brawl community because u guys are pretty much all idiots, and one more time ADDIN HITSTUN WONT DO ANYTHING and this has been discussed over and over and over by the hackers making the codes(well some of them), next time u ppl flame someone get some info first idiots

iwontgetoverthedam wont ever get a life either cus he wastes his time coming up with horrible names, im done with u noobs who think they no what theyre talking about
The Air Dodge code makes it so we can't air dodge again so, why would anyone air dodge in the first place? Your whole point is moot. =\

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
You guys, Hustla has a point. Even a couple months ago, M2K proved that there is ZERO hitstun in Brawl. Furthermore, even if you can't airdodge multiple times (which you COULD, by the way, because getting hit resets your airdodge), you can attack just as fast as you can AD after being hit. Some aerials even come out FASTER than that character's AD.

These mechanics were in Melee as well; you could AD or Nair out of some looser "combos," but for the mostpart hitstun prevented you from being able to do that. If hitstun is nonexistent in Brawl, single airdodges are not going to save the system.

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Oh, this isn't my code, and I don't know how the code works. This was all made by Phantom Wings, I was simply reposting the code 'cause someone asked for it. And the two different lines of code were probably the only things that needed fixing in that update.

Edit: Would it be safe for me to start my hacking tutorial in the General Brawl discussion now?
Woops I meant to respond to phantom wings >.>

MuBa

Smash Lord
You guys, Hustla has a point. Even a couple months ago, M2K proved that there is ZERO hitstun in Brawl. Furthermore, even if you can't airdodge multiple times (which you COULD, by the way, because getting hit resets your airdodge), you can attack just as fast as you can AD after being hit. Some aerials even come out FASTER than that character's AD.

These mechanics were in Melee as well; you could AD or Nair out of some looser "combos," but for the mostpart hitstun prevented you from being able to do that. If hitstun is nonexistent in Brawl, single airdodges are not going to save the system.
If that's the case then the best solution I can think of in terms of hacking the game into a more desirable playstyle is to have it like heavy brawl, just not as nearly heavy as the option in the game itself AND L-canceling.

There ya go. Problem hopefully solved.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
and u guys do realize theres only a certain amount of code u can have and if these other codes u guys want look like this one, u might have a problem

B.W.

Smash Champion
I don't know if having no hitstun would be much of a problem. We all know that there is Melee data in Brawl, and there's also data of a few things that wasn't even used (Sonic having a helpess state for example).

It could be possible that hitstun is in there, but it doesn't happen because there's no command for it to happen, no?

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if having no hitstun would be much of a problem. We all know that there is Melee data in Brawl, and there's also data of a few things that wasn't even used (Sonic having a helpess state for example).

It could be possible that hitstun is in there, but it doesn't happen because there's no command for it to happen, no?
This is also possible. So why don't you try to help hustler instead of just trolling. Not all unknown variables have to be bad.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
i think he has a real modded wii so he can see stuff we cant, i think he uses a hex editor(maybe) but im not sure, he has a SWF account u can pm him and find out

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'd be happy to help find things, test things, etc. but as I said earlier my Wii is currently in another state. So for now all I can really do is lay out possibilities.

TP

Smash Master
and u guys do realize theres only a certain amount of code u can have and if these other codes u guys want look like this one, u might have a problem
"Do you guys realize that there's only a certain amount of code you can have? If these other codes you guys want look like this one, you might have a problem."

If you had just typed that, your point could be much more valid. Delivery is important.

Also, this thread needs a good cleaning. 90% of the posts (mine included) are nothing more than spam or speculation. Neither is remotely helpful to anyone trying to learn something from this thread. Worse, the hackers actually read this thread (Phantom Wings posted in it) and the spam makes it likely that they will miss a good suggestion.

In other words, stop posting here if you have nothing relevant to say.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
i think he has a real modded wii so he can see stuff we cant, i think he uses a hex editor(maybe) but im not sure, he has a SWF account u can pm him and find out
So you know nothing of the process and you come in here to lecture us. Incredible. I've just served you your walking papers, so please GTFO. Btw you weren't even close.

B.W.

Smash Champion
"Do you guys realize that there's only a certain amount of code you can have? If these other codes you guys want look like this one, you might have a problem."

If you had just typed that, your point could be much more valid. Delivery is important.

Also, this thread needs a good cleaning. 90% of the posts (mine included) are nothing more than spam or speculation. Neither is remotely helpful to anyone trying to learn something from this thread. Worse, the hackers actually read this thread (Phantom Wings posted in it) and the spam makes it likely that they will miss a good suggestion.

This is true, I apologize, I am technically off-topic.

Is there a thread to discuss multiple hacks as well as hacks being worked on?

Yes, or no. I'll go back to lurking until I can actually participate on the topic at hand.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman

OFF-TOPIC:no, the way i typed it was how i meant it to be read, i wasnt asking a question nor is this an english class, and u just spammed a thread with talk about spam, irony anyone?

IWontGetOverTheDam:my name is from a song too, im done with u, get a life

when we get the hitstun code u guys will see what i mean, u cant create a game mechanic thats not there, but maybe it is and if its there it wont be easy to find and probably wont change anything

ON-TOPIC:and does any one know if the new code does anything else but help the IC's?

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
That wavedashing thing looks really unimpressive. It doesn't seem like it helps them at all. Or at least no one has figured out how to use it effectively.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I have a quick question does having more codes (not turned on just having them) make the game more prone to freezing because I don't see how anyone can play with this code with the luck I am having. Can somebody who has not had his game freeze once please tell me what codes they have on? Aside from the constant freezing (especially in 4p matches) this code is great! Now all we need (in my opinion) is a speed modifier ala the atk/def/trip ratio codes.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
There's one flaw in the Airdodging mechanics right now...

You're able to airdodge after using some character's upBs. The only one's I've tested were Snake's and G&W's. I can only assume that ROB, Sonic, Pit (maybe) and any other characters who are able to attack during/after their UpBs can do that as well. Was this intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom