• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm just glad he no longer moves like he just escaped from an old 8-bit video game and is still getting used to the 3D world. He looks a lot better to me now that his movement is smooth now.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
OK saw footage

-New running animation is still very similar thematically to his old one. Running side ways that is, but it doesn't look as awkward.
-ANIMATIONS ARE SMOOTH AND MANLY
-DSmash is a lot quicker
-He kept his W pose taunt

All I could see.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Anybody else think he looks a bit bigger?
His body also looks more in-proportion with his head and arms.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I AM IN LOVE WITH TEH OUTCOME.

Yes we lost the shoulder, but Warios buffs seem glorious.

I think hell be top tier again!!!!

Shog

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me if Wario's Wario Land 2/3(?) costume is aviable? I would love that. Just thinking about WL3 makes me think of this:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Only I know is that a new pink helmet one for his biker costume and the Mario color for the classic costume. (Which is the same render unfortunately, unlike Brawl)

He has all his aerials back. Only saw dsmash and dtilt (both are a lot faster now) for his ground normals. Also only saw the Bite for his specials, which seems safer. (Friend told me that he can still recover with his Bike though!)

As for his model yeah, he seems a bit bigger and more toned this time. Still chubby and deformed (well he IS Wario), but not as much as Brawl. Animations are still quirky and bizarre, but not as choppy.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/user/CobbsGames/search?query=wario

More here

From what I gathered

BACKFIST FSMASH HOLY ****. Dat range and knockback, and it has as much lag as his Brawl fsmash.
DAT HEADBUTT

And he still keeps his godly airspeed from the looks of it! Though it's hard to tell, really.
From what I see here...
-Corkscrew has an animation similar to Mario Tornado now
-Fsmash is ****ing amazing.
-Headbutt is great but it's range is garbage.
-Every animation is beautiful.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
His Chomp bites seem slower...
Seems faster to me?

It's really hard to tell. Fortunately I have a friend who will be getting the game tomorrow. He uses Wario in Brawl but he doesn't the details about him much, but he said he's willing to help.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You're gonna report back here, right?
Depends if the information we'll discover is worthwhile or not. If we find something interesting then of course. Might be a bit difficult though since we're gonna communicate on text.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I think this is the best incarnation of Wario we've seen yet. Better than Brawl and P:M Wario, at least aesthetically.

...Though I really feel like he'll play really well. He looks like he's gotten a bit of a speed boost since Brawl, and his moves look like they can link into each other really well considering the lack of lag on his attacks (look at his down-tilt) and the slight range buff.

Extremely excited to play Wario again.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He looks completely fresh and new, and yet his playstyle looks intact. Really wanna try him out more than any newcomer.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
He looks completely fresh and new, but his playstyle looks intact. Really wanna try him out more than any newcomer.
I'm really torn between him, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff.

He looks really refined due to the new game mechanics/physics. I think if I have to drop one of the above mains, it'll be Jiggs.

That's the most difficult decision I've made all day.

Last edited:

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
[quote="Luigi player, post: 17538378, member: 15356"
- Fsmash is a new fist/hand move[/quote]
They changed the Fsmash?
THEN MAYBE THE SHOULDER BASH IS A CUSTOM MOVE THERE IS HOPE!!!

Dilaray199

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7183-5602
Overall I'm pleased with how he has turned out. I really like how his running animation has changed. Now we just need to see his custom moves... faster charge but weaker waft maybe?

Btw has there been video footage of waft yet? Would like to see.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Overall I'm pleased with how he has turned out. I really like how his running animation has changed. Now we just need to see his custom moves... faster charge but weaker waft maybe?

Btw has there been video footage of waft yet? Would like to see.
I think I saw it on one of the streams. Gas cloud seems to be smaller, but it comes out a bit quicker.

Also, is your avatar and location a reference to 'Gaston & Frollo get a life'?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wario really does look amazing... someone should try to air release him so we can be sure that doesn't work anymore.

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Seems faster to me?

It's really hard to tell. Fortunately I have a friend who will be getting the game tomorrow. He uses Wario in Brawl but he doesn't the details about him much, but he said he's willing to help.
If it's not too much to ask, can your friend see if we still get grab released?

Last edited:

PCHU

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that actually wanted more Wario Land representation?
I mean, it thrills me to see how awesome he is in this iteration, but his fsmash in Brawl was my favorite move of his...it seems like Sakurai's trying to erase Wario's ties to his Land series and focus solely on his Ware half (most notably in his trophy description).
His fsmash was pretty much the only nod he got to Land; the rest was already unique stuff.
Why else would he only change his fsmash?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I mean, it thrills me to see how awesome he is in this iteration, but his fsmash in Brawl was my favorite move of his...it seems like Sakurai's trying to erase Wario's ties to his Land series and focus solely on his Ware half (most notably in his trophy description).
His fsmash was pretty much the only nod he got to Land; the rest was already unique stuff.
Not at all. I'm annoyed by it too, but I've had time to accept since his trophy was leaked.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Well, at least they fixed his animations. Now if only his shoulder charge didn't get removed. :/

Shmebulock

Smash Cadet
I mean, theres a CHANCE that it could have be changed so that it could be a custom side-b move. But I'm not gonna bet on it.
The changes are still awesome overall though.

Top Bottom