• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh, Wario, you fashionable such-and-such! What a trendsetter you are!

Wario having sixteen alts should be entertaining. Here's hoping his custom moves are just as...ah...enthusiastic as his regular moves.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I asked about Wario scrapping a lot of costumes, but he won't. Wario will have 16 costumes total, 8 for his Wario Land and 8 for WarioWare. Unless Little Mac is an exception who gets 8 Wire Frame and 8 normal colors. Rejoice!
Is this for real. SOURCE?

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
I will be very upset if Wario isn't in. :x
I almost exclusively use him in Project M, with the exception of a few matchups where I use Metaknight xD

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
I don't think we are going to get a character reveal until the game comes out, hope I eat my words, but I seriously doubt we will get a reveal.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Looks like there won't be anymore roster speculation after this week, it's been fun guys.<3

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
At least we'll finally see Wario in action, which took long enough.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Zipzo confirmed it. He played the full game in the demo event.

Wario Car side B

CALLING IT
I hope this happens but Wario's custom Side-B's will probably just be variations of the bike like "Jet Bike" or "Speed Bike" or something.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I hope this happens but Wario's custom Side-B's will probably just be variations of the bike like "Jet Bike" or "Speed Bike" or something.
Mega Man's custom up B gives me hope

If not, I blame Sakurai Bias

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
I really hope the changes they make for wario is for the best, because wario in brawl really worked well for the way that game was. I just hope he's still pretty high tier.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I wonder how Villager would use Wario's bike after taking it. That is of course, if the bike returns.

Same goes for the waft.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I really hope the changes they make for wario is for the best, because wario in brawl really worked well for the way that game was. I just hope he's still pretty high tier.
I think a lot of the changes do work well for him, except for the air dodge lag which is worrying.

That said, if the game is really that more aggressive and offensive, then it could be trouble. Still Wario is a character with many options, and I could actually see his bike being even more useful this time around to keep opponents off. Of course we still need to know how he exactly plays here.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Wow, everyone here really hates WarioWare.
Love Wario Ware, few references, the stage and the costume as the alt would have been fine.

In Wario Ware Wario doesn't actually do much of anything so to take the main inspiration from that series as opposed to the platformers is just stupid.

D

Deleted member

Where's footage of Wario?!
Also, Wario is the worst kept secret in Smash history.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
He now moves much smoother, and his up and side smashes are changed. Up is a headbutt, and side is a huge punch. Not sure about down. Overalls still available of course.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
He now moves much smoother, and his up and side smashes are changed. Up is a headbutt, and side is a huge punch. Not sure about down. Overalls still available of course.
Pic pls

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Apparently he has a new run animation, which is great, but I refuse to believe Sakurai would completely remove the shoulder tackle for no reason. Perhaps Wario is like Palutena and the Mii fighters with unique move variations? What if his tackle is a side b variable we don't know about?

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Wario is my main favorite video game character ever. I was disappointed in how he moved in Brawl. Right now I'm crying of joy - New running animation, some new attacks, new animations everywhere!! :'D Plus - THE BIKE IS BACK!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
What moves does he keep?

BIKE IS BACK

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
What moves does he keep?

BIKE IS BACK
Most of his moves look to be the same, though they look much smoother.

Down smash is unfortunately the same, but it seems to be a bit quicker with less ending lag. Corkscrew also seems to be faster with more vertical distance. Uair seems weaker, but up smash seems real powerful.

Overall, Wario hasn't changed much. However, he just a bit stronger in terms of knockback.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Thanks.

Sounds amazing. Tho I'll miss the old FSmash, especially if the new one doesn't have armor.

D

Deleted member

It's good that the overalls are back!
However, I am disappointed that they changed his side smash... they got rid of a kinda-sorta Wario Land reference. Seeing as how the bike is back, his side special definitely won't be the Shoulder Bash either. *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wario Man is the best final smash so it better stay

too fun

Luigi player

Smash Master
A few differences to Brawl I noticed:

- Upsmash is now like Marios, which is great
- Dsmash has less cooldown, and seems to have more range
- Fsmash is a new fist/hand move, has more range, but seems slower, dunno about superarmor

- Upair has less knockback, but otherwise still looks good
- Fair could have a little more range?
- Dair is about the same as in Brawl? (only saw it once and short)
- Nair seems a little different, not sure how the hitboxes are
- Bair: didn't see

- Ftilt seems faster
- Dtilt has much less endinglag
- Utilt has less endinglag
- Jab seems faster (especially Jab2)
- Dash attack seems to have 2 hits or something, a little jump inbetween? Wario recovers much faster and the attack goes further too

- Bite is still there
- SideB is still the motorcycle
- UpB goes further now
- didn't see downB, but some said they saw the waft

- Air mobility still seems good, though it could be a little less than in Brawl

Last edited:
Top Bottom