• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
By appreciating the Wario Land games for the masterpieces they are and wanting some representation for their protagonist?
The Wario team moved on from Wario Land since a decade ago.

Nothing you can do about it.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There's nothing wrong with wanting some Wario Land representation.
Not at all, but it's understandable why Wario, himself, doesn't have anything beyond the Shoulder Bash for Land moves.

Also, Wario is an unlockable apparently.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
The Wario team moved on from Wario Land since a decade ago.

Nothing you can do about it.
The "Wario Team" no longer exists. The team that develops Wario Ware is nintendo SPD1, Wario Land was Nintendo R&D1.

I really don't want to get into this again, it's clear neither of us will budge from our opinions.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The "Wario Team" no longer exists. The team that develops Wario Ware is nintendo SPD1, Wario Land was Nintendo R&D1.
Actually the first Warioware was developed by R&D1, then they became SPD1. They're still the same developers.

The key people are still there.

Last edited:

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
K, where is Wario, there was no chorus kids in the leak and I can't think of another newcomer he could be in a trailer with, so unless there will be a direct soon or sakurai just "pic of the day's" him then I don't think he's gonna get a reveal..... Maybe duck hunt dog, That would be cool. How do you think he will get revealed?

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
K, where is Wario, there was no chorus kids in the leak and I can't think of another newcomer he could be in a trailer with, so unless there will be a direct soon or sakurai just "pic of the day's" him then I don't think he's gonna get a reveal..... Maybe duck hunt dog, That would be cool. How do you think he will get revealed?
I feel like Wario is an Unlockable character this time around because the Chorus Kids weren't finished on time. I assume that he was meant to be in a trailer with them but they were cut for the 3DS release. We'll probably See Wario pop up in their trailer when/IF they show up as a DLC character.

Dilaray199

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7183-5602
I would like to see him make it into a newcomer trailer similar to the way captain falcon was revealed but I think he will most likely be an unlockable at this point. DLC characters could be very possible as well considering Nintendo's plans with Mario Kart 8.

Also if the game is to be balanced Wario will need to keep his godly airspeed or gain some range of some sort. Couldn't help but notice how much range some of these new characters have.

D

Deleted member

Since we only have 8 alternate palettes now… It looks like Wario needs to lose some colors. Maybe we'll get 7 WarioWare colors and a Wario Land alternate? Its a shame because I really liked his Wario Land design better.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Since we only have 8 alternate palettes now… It looks like Wario needs to lose some colors. Maybe we'll get 7 WarioWare colors and a Wario Land alternate? Its a shame because I really liked his Wario Land design better.
We might be getting 4 Wario Ware colors and Wario Land colors, that would even things out and make the most sense.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
If they decide to change his final smash, what would you want it to be? I personally would like his bike to be his final smash and his side B to be a shoulder bash, everything gets represented

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah I'd rather they keep the bike as is and the shoulder bash his dash attack (Much like DK but Wario kinda already has it for his side Smash....). Not sure what to give him for a Final Smash though. Wario Man seems about fine but others might have a better idea.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Btw it's not a demo, it's actually the final build of the game. Or so I heard.

Also they removed the Wario logo from the site. LOL

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
For anyone who missed it

It's replaced by the Smash Icon in the site now.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
lmao Nintendo been ****ing up recently. First the actual leak, then..."oops we left Ganondorf in that video", now..."oops" we revealed a logo for a secret character

nathanrayman

Smash Cadet
http://imgur.com/a/WgPMG
These images are from a Japanese Smash Event Page in which they had to update as it had wario's emblem on it. Not that its a surprise that wario would be in the new game but I am sure some people will find this interesting. Note these are not my images.

EDIT:
A picture I made to show all the icons and what they're from.
http://oi60.tinypic.com/fwslqu.jpg
And the link to the site (Keep in mind this is the updated version)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/smashbros_3ds_event2014/index.html

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Probably better to have posted this in the existing Leak thread, but that's a good find. He was kinda assumed, but this makes a pretty convincing case.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Very interesting find here. Looks like with how much evidence is slipping out, Wario and Ganondorf are essentially confirmed at this point. Need more evidence for Ness =(

Rakath

Smash Ace
Nice find, even if Australia (I think) already leaked that 'a character uses farts for an attack' when rating the game.

nathanrayman

Smash Cadet
Nice find, even if Australia (I think) already leaked that 'a character uses farts for an attack' when rating the game.
Really haha. Well there was another leak on the e shop. There was a section for wario and smash bros for the 3ds was in it.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Wario's icon was confirmed with Ashley and Waluigi. It means nothing.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, this isn't a surprise. Only makes the leak more and more true.

I'm still wondering why they hold off showing Wario, though.

Why are the interesting leaks always about the big W? First the eShop mistake and now this?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Pretty sure Wario's been cut

no other reason for him not to be on the Dojo right now. After all, he was a starter in Brawl. Some people really just need to come to terms with the hard truths already.

Top Bottom