• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Moves inspired from his Wario Land movesets please. Wario Lands 1-4, World, Shake It!, all that. Wario Land Wario is the Wario I adhere to the most, so having moves beyond his Shoulder Slam would make me peachy.

BSP

Smash Legend
He definitely needs to come back, with no grab release shenanigans this time.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Moves inspired from his Wario Land movesets please. Wario Lands 1-4, World, Shake It!, all that. Wario Land Wario is the Wario I adhere to the most, so having moves beyond his Shoulder Slam would make me peachy.
x2

Because you know Sakurai, even if you love your WarioWare, you just make it look even worse in Smash. The stage itself... oh God, don't get me started.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So pretty much Wario in Project M, amirite=??? No really, I mean it.
Shoulder bash should be Wario's side B, not his Bike (which should go bye bye). Wario's ground punch should be his down smash, not that dumb roll move with no range. :facepalm:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I say Bike should stay, though more WL moves are a must.

mix BOTH GAMES INTO HIS SET,DON'T JUST CATER TO ONE.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just look at that shoulder bash.

No seriously. In Project M, that makes Wario run faster, it gives him instant offense, it leads to combos, it forces offense, and it really helps Wario.

Wario's Bike... isn't really that useful. Really, what is the point of a move that doesn't help a character much=??? (if you improve it drastically, that's a different story)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Am I the only one who actually prefers the Wario Ware games over the Wario Land games? I don't know but I always found the Wario Land games really boring and uninteresting and Wario Ware is at least entertaining for good number of hours. Oh well, guess it's too "casual" for dem "hardcore" gamers...

Anyway, like lordvaati said. Why not cater to both instead of one or the other? It would make fans of both series happy. Replace half of Wario's Wario Ware moves with a more Wario Land flavour and he's good to go.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
DON'T GET RID of the BIKE! Some people here hate flavor. The bike is such an unique move.

The bite however, has very little going for it in terms of flavor. Throw in a Wario land move here. And Up B again is not very inspirational.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Oh it has some uses, johnny.

recovery extension, can speed up the waft processand a backup projectile to be used for Glide tossing. now if you mean that some more tweaks need to make it better(like I feel they should do with Mario's FLUDD) there is nothing wrong with that.

now as for a new WL addition, how about the various hat forms?(Jet, Dragon, etc)

BSP

Smash Legend
The Bite may not seem that flashy and I could see why other moves would get favor, but having an air grab is really useful.

The Bike has it's uses. It can absorb some attacks, refresh Wario's moves, give Wario amazing recovery, serve as an excellent projectile and edgeguard, and it gives him opportunities for Tire combos when it breaks. Keep the Bike.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If we can have Link and Toon Link, surely we can have Wario Land Wario and WarioWare Wario.

I prefer WarioWare to Wario Land (though I love me some Wario Land).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
No need for two Warios. Just take moves from all his games. Keep the bike. Keep the waft. Get rid of the bite and the corkscrew, replacing them with Warioland moves.

Make his forward smash (shoulder charge) go further the longer it is charged (but take away super armor).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The Corkscrew is from Wario World.

Waft is dumb and has no relevance outside of Brawl. May as well give him a Bowser Bomb-like attack.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Oh ok. Keep corkscrew then. Wario already has mobility in the air as well as the bike. He doesn't need a great Up B and it does seem that corkscrew comes from another Wario game.

I like how the Waft is a new kind of special. One that self-charges. However, R.O.B's Up B and laser make a more balanced use of that special mechanic. So, I would not mind replacing the waft. Or make it a Down Smash that launches Wario into the air (after all he is more of an aerial fighter).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I was a bit upset that all of Wario's moves (save for his Fsmash) were inspired by Wario Ware, when he obviously has many other options from Wario Land to choose from. I personally didn't mind the Bike or the Waft, but the Bite was a bit stupid (albeit not useless), and his corkscrew was just an uninspired waste of a moveslot. I personally could come up with anything myself for an Up B, but replacing his Bite for the Bike, and then replacing the move normally used for his Bike for a shoulder tackle similar to Project M's Wario would have been a better idea, in my opinion. Also, that Dsmash... so useless.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When he was first announced for Brawl, I wanted Wario to be the new G&W, taking moves straight out of his microgames.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The bite came out of nowhere and has very little flavor going for it. Please replace the bite. I say keep the shoulder tackle as his smash, just have it travel further the longer it is charged.
I say that if a smash can do the same thing as a special, keep it as a smash. The smashes become flashier and specials are free for more technical moves.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Bowser Bomb is the only move in Braw that fits that description. It's not like it's a hot commodity.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You're correct about Yoshi. I forgot about that one. Kirby's Down-B has properties that are different enough to see it as something else.

Make Wario's spike or something. That would be different.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Whenever someone says that Wario needs a Ground Pound-esque move, I always think of SSF2 Wario's Dair.

Wario just needs to be more like that.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think they're similar to each other, and they're utilized often enough in his games where a spiking move like that seems ideal.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just look at that shoulder bash.

No seriously. In Project M, that makes Wario run faster, it gives him instant offense, it leads to combos, it forces offense, and it really helps Wario.

Wario's Bike... isn't really that useful. Really, what is the point of a move that doesn't help a character much=??? (if you improve it drastically, that's a different story)
A Wario without a bike is not a Wario. Just an average shmock that no one pays attention to.

D

Deleted member

The bite came out of nowhere and has very little flavor going for it. Please replace the bite. I say keep the shoulder tackle as his smash, just have it travel further the longer it is charged.
I say that if a smash can do the same thing as a special, keep it as a smash. The smashes become flashier and specials are free for more technical moves.
Technically, it didn't come out of nowhere.
It came from that one hotdog eating microgame from the original WarioWare. You know, the one with the big Wario head chomping on hotdogs?
And it also plays on Wario's gluttony trait.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
No man no dont get rid of bite! Thats not the problem
The problem is that the bite is very immobile.
I think it should make wario fall slower so he can bite stall,
And being able to hover/move even just a little bit would be enough.

:phone:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
We don't really need two Warios, so the way that Brawl handled him works out just right for my tastes.
I felt as a fan of old Wario that they just kinda let us know Wario Land existed but never really gave it any real attention.

Project:M however was a huge improvement.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Guess I'm the odd one out who likes "WarioWare Wario" better and is totally cool with him farting and riding his motorcycle around huh?

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
I'd like a Project M style Wario. He needs way more Wario Land in his moveset. And I wouldn't miss the Waft.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd like a Project M style Wario. He needs way more Wario Land in his moveset. And I wouldn't miss the Waft.
Amen Reverend. Brawl Wario was gimmicky and practically ignored the Wario Land series as far as move inspiration.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Wow, everyone here really hates WarioWare.
No, we just hate that Sakurai ONLY used WarioWare as inspiration for moves and ignored the Warioland series pretty much altogether.

Speaking of, I would have much rather gotten a Warioland stage than the gimmicky mess of a stage we did get, but that's neither here nor there.

Top Bottom