• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
the bike has to stay. the people that want the bike to leave dont know how to use it. the bike is what makes wario top tier as opposed to mid or high tier. look at gluttony play in tournaments. his bike technique is amazing

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think that people are particularly concerned with his tier placement as much as they are about getting the best "flavor" out of him. More people appreciate Wario Land Wario more than WarioWare Wario.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I don't think that people are particularly concerned with his tier placement as much as they are about getting the best "flavor" out of him. More people appreciate Wario Land Wario more than WarioWare Wario.
Hard to judge..

As far as moveset goes, I fully agree with Reflex. However, as for costume, WarioWare :wario: is superior. Personality I cant say i prefer one over the other. Both are loveable.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hard to judge..

As far as moveset goes, I fully agree with Reflex. However, as for costume, WarioWare :wario: is superior. Personality I cant say i prefer one over the other. Both are loveable.
I'll agree on that. His biker clothes are more realistic, down-to-earth, and more modern than his uh... "plumber" look.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
It seemed like his specials were based off of Warioware but his other attacks and throws seemed distinctly WarioLand. I'm an expert on Warioware but barely played WarioLand. Both games are hilarious and just Fun.

Anyway to the point, people keep saying they want more Wario Land moves but I haven't seen any specific suggestions. Does anyone have any move ideas from WarioLand that could benefit Wario?

D

Deleted member

Earthshake Punch (recent move from Shake It!; debuted after Brawl)
His various transformations
Ground Pound
A more WL styled Shoulder Charge

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Here's some ideas that I had in mind to mix up Wario's moveset:
Replace the Chomp move with Wario's trademark Shoulder Charge; it would work as a nice killer at higher %'s and when executed in the air Wario would simply ignore gravity and walk foward (ala Wario Land 1)
Replace his almost useless down smash with his signature Earthshake Punch from Wario Land Shake It!; it would work kinda like in WL SI!, flipping over enemies and briefly stun them (ala P:M)
Replace his down air with his Ground Pound attack from the Wario Land games; it would quickly send Wario downwards and the longer he stays in the air, the more damage the attack will deal
Make his foward tilt his foward smash
Give him a new foward tilt
Make his transformations trophies for the Wario series (ala Kirby)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
personally i think they should change wario's victory theme to stage clear jingle from worio land 2

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Are the white one and black one based on anything? They look neat.
The 5th and 6th recolors are basically my what-if scenarios for Wario. Recolor 5 is my vision of Fire Wario (the Fire Flower power-up), while recolor 6 is my vision of Flying Wario (the Red Star power-up).

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
As a Wario main I would be happy if they kept him the same, his down smash could be changed to something better, apart from that I like his entire moveset and he's still a top character. They will probably just fiddle with the knockback and the damage done with his moves, I would be happy to not worry about grab release, even if he is nerfed in a different way.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I love the project M wario. I wish it replaced the brawl one.

Avocado14

Smash Cadet
I'd like it if his Down Special was a Bob-Omb, as he uses those countless times in the games. Of course, it would be significantly weaker than the item, probably a bit more powerful than Link's Bomb. Perhaps one move could utilize his Coin Magnet to bring items closer to him as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Moves inspired from his Wario Land movesets please. Wario Lands 1-4, World, Shake It!, all that. Wario Land Wario is the Wario I adhere to the most, so having moves beyond his Shoulder Slam would make me peachy.
This. What I want to see is Wario with moves more based on Wario Land abilities and less based on Wario Land microgames.

B - Shake (from Wario Land: Shake It!)
Instead of opening his mouth to bite his enemies, he open his arms to grab and shake his enemies. It still works the same, just that it now looks like it's from a Wario Land game.

Side+B - Jet Tackle (from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3)
Instead of riding on his motorcycle, he puts on the Jet Hat and starts tackling his enemies. It still works the same, except it is more close to Wario's roots and gives Wario horizontal recovery. Didn't Project M do something similar to this?

Up+B - Corkscrew
Same as is.

Down+B - Earthshake Punch (from Wario Land: Shake It!)
Wario does his variation of Yoshi's Down+B move, only Wario punches the ground when he lands. This can be used to bury opponents underground if they were on the ground or to Meteor Smash them back to the ground or straight down to oblivion if they were in the air.

Final Smash - Wario-Man (from WarioWare games)
Meh, I guess this is good as is.

D

Deleted member

No, Project M gave him his iconic Shoudler Tackle as his Side B and replaced his Forward Smash.

But honestly, it's not that Wario needs "More Wario Land than WarioWare". He just needs a good balance.
However, a lot of his Wario Land moves work more as regular attacks.
His Earthshake Punch from Shake It? Down Smash material.
His Ground Pound? Down Air.
His Shoulder Tackle? Works FAR better as a Dash Attack than a Forward Smash.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
The Rushing Headbutt from WL4 could also qualify for a Dash Attack.

I want his Throws from Wario World for the Nintendo GameCube. He had a Spinning Piledriver!
I still say they should make two versions of Wario just to please everybody.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
That's not enough for me.

Front Throw: Overhead Throw: Wario is strong enough to lift his opponent/enemy over his head, carry him/her/it wherever he goes and give him/her/it a good toss. Why should Donkey be the only fighter to carry things around?

Back Throw: Wind Swing-Ding: Like it was in Wario World. Slower, but stronger than Red M's Giant Swing.

Up Throw: Piledriver: How can anyone say no to this move? I mean, really., is that awesome!

Down Throw: Shake It!: Give them a good shake, just like the source game. Slam them down when you're finished.

I don't care what pummel he'll get if this happens.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Wario needs a huge change, but I like the ideas for the down smash and up throw. It would also help as these moves are kind of uninteresting anyway.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
potential new alternate costume from Game & Wario

D

Deleted member

He's already got two costumes in Smash, we don't need a new one for every outfit he gets in every game.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
who said there are limits to a wardrobe? Especially when color swaps become more bountiful

D

Deleted member

If you seriously think we're going to get every frigging outfit Wario's ever worn because "no one said there would be limits", then you are expecting too much.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
People say Bite has no flavor, but as one of the only air grabs I think it makes him really unique. Similarly, Bike has applications both for recovery and for mindgames.
I'm a fan of styling more of Wario's normals off of Wario Land and leaving his specials relatively untouched.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Again....I just want Project M Wario. Thats the best one.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I have to say Ive been very concerned Wario wasnt shown in the E3 video. What are his chances on returning or not? They cant cut Wario... Can they?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I have to say Ive been very concerned Wario wasnt shown in the E3 video. What are his chances on returning or not? They cant cut Wario... Can they?
I doubt he'll be cut. He's got his own subseries of games. Quite popular, not to mention the whole counterpart to Mario deal. I'd say you have nothing to fear.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
They didn't show Yoshi either. The characters present at the reveal aren't any sort of indicator of what characters are likely to return.

Short answer: Nobody knows. But I suspect he's coming back. He was considered his own franchise.

Top Bottom