• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I'm still wondering why they hold off showing Wario, though.

Why are the interesting leaks always about the big W? First the eShop mistake and now this?
Pretty hard to keep the big guy under wraps. :p Nah, I feel like Wario's going to play a comedic role in one of the last trailers. Why else keep such a popular character hidden?

I'm more curious about the potential Mother symbol being leaked, though. I need to know if my sweet Lucas has been cut... :/

nathanrayman

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure Wario's been cut

no other reason for him not to be on the Dojo right now. After all, he was a starter in Brawl. Some people really just need to come to terms with the hard truths already.
I really don't see why they would cut him from this game and there is a lot of evidence that suggests that he will be included in this game. Also remember how long it took for them to say metaknight was returning.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pretty hard to keep the big guy under wraps. :p Nah, I feel like Wario's going to play a comedic role in one of the last trailers. Why else keep such a popular character hidden?

I'm more curious about the potential Mother symbol being leaked, though. I need to know if my sweet Lucas has been cut... :/
Just remember, Meta Knight was basically confirmed with the Halberd, and that was in April. We only got him officially until August.

:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

no other reason for him not to be on the Dojo right now. After all, he was a starter in Brawl. Some people really just need to come to terms with the hard truths already.
He's in the leaked roster and there's a picture of his trophy circulating. I see absolutely no reason for him to be cut anyway.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159

I feel like there's too many solid looking pictures and evidence to say that he's absolutely cut out from the game, it's all pretty convincing.

Or maybe the sarcasm just didn't transfer too well over just text. Woops.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
From the Smash direct back in April:

It's nothing. Wario is obviously going to be in though.

Last edited:

nathanrayman

Smash Cadet
From the Smash direct back in April:

It's nothing.
Like I said before I think in this case it does mean something. As they did update the site to change the icon. Also there has been a lot of evidence showing that he will return.
Was there really any doubt Wario wasn't going to be in the game even before the leak.
Not really but its good to find more info that suggest he will be returning.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He's been leaked. We even saw his model.

This is more about whether or not he's gonna be revealed before launch, because all the icons are those of a revealed character, minus Wario.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
To everyone quoting my overly sarcastic post -I posted it in a different thread talking about Wario being leaked that was subsequently merged with this thread, rendering my response much less applicable. I apologize for any distress I may have caused.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
To everyone quoting my overly sarcastic post -I posted it in a different thread talking about Wario being leaked that was subsequently merged with this thread, rendering my response much less applicable. I apologize for any distress I may have caused.
That's alright. It's cool. We forgive you. Everyone loves Bender, ba-bey.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That moment when an alert appears for a thread you don't post in when it turns out they were merged :seuss:

Nobody blames ya, Bender. A shame my post highlighting the sarcasm was ignored by all except @ wingedarcher7 wingedarcher7 .

warioismymain

Smash Cadet

R u kidding there has never been more evidence for a character being in yet , not only has he been leaked 3 times but waluigi and Ashley appeared as assist trophies, find me an assist trophy that doesn't have a rep playable in smash.

Edit: even though I know now that u were sarcastic, it still stands that there is so much evidence to prove his involvement, PS Srry that I was ill informed phaazoid

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
R u kidding there has never been more evidence for a character being in yet , not only has he been leaked 3 times but waluigi and Ashley appeared as assist trophies, find me an assist trophy that doesn't have a rep playable in smash.

Edit: even though I know now that u were sarcastic, it still stands that there is so much evidence to prove his involvement, PS Srry that I was ill informed phaazoid
No problem. My original response wasn't even in this thread, I understand if people took it the wrong way. I know Wario's in the game, the point of my sarcasm was to make people who thought the fact that Wario was leaked look silly, because nobody in their right mind should question Wario's inclusion, even without the leak.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
But can you bet offline, doesn't every unlockable have to be able to be unlocked by everyone online or not?

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
From my experience with brawl, there was always more than one way to unlock a character. So while it is faster to unlock by specifically achieving a goal in-game, you could always unlock with sheer play time. I don't know if this is relevant for non-characters, but it is certainly relevant to Wario so long as the game has that second unlock method.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
For anyone who missed it

It's replaced by the Smash Icon in the site now.
Wario reveal tomorrow? I hope so.
If they made this mistake this close to release, then Wario could hopefully be revealed before release.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
All I want is some Wario Land representation, be it a Shake Dimension stage or a Captain Syrup trophy.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Y'know what's obnoxious? The fact that we still haven't seen Wario yet...

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
I don't know why wario would be an unlockable, out of all of the potential characters, there are a lot of other characters that would've worked much better. On that note why are there so many unrevealed vets, do u think they will all be unlockable too? Do you think all of the characters on the leaked roster will be revealed?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I asked about Wario scrapping a lot of costumes, but he won't. Wario will have 16 costumes total, 8 for his Wario Land and 8 for WarioWare. Unless Little Mac is an exception who gets 8 Wire Frame and 8 normal colors. Rejoice!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hell yeah

Time for some more sweet Wario colors. I want a Wario's Woods NES one.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
I asked about Wario scrapping a lot of costumes, but he won't. Wario will have 16 costumes total, 8 for his Wario Land and 8 for WarioWare. Unless Little Mac is an exception who gets 8 Wire Frame and 8 normal colors. Rejoice!
I knew it.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Wait, who did you ask and how would this person know this? I'm sorry to bother you but I have a lot of burning questions about Wario. Mainly:

Does he still keep his bike and is it a godly recovery?
Did they change his down smash to a fist slam to the ground?
Did they change his pummel animation to him shaking his enemy?

Sorry, but I can't sleep a wink until these important questions are answered!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wait, who did you ask and how would this person know this? I'm sorry to bother you but I have a lot of burning questions about Wario. Mainly:

Does he still keep his bike and is it a godly recovery?
Did they change his down smash to a fist slam to the ground?
Did they change his pummel animation to him shaking his enemy?

Sorry, but I can't sleep a wink until these important questions are answered!
He's an unlockable. No one played as him since he's not available in the demo. We're just going by the fact that since Little Mac has 16 colors then Wario probably will too.

That said, the waft is back, so the bike definitely is coming back as well.

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Ah the Wario waft.. most hilarious finisher ever. Even more hilarious that he can KO himself with it. Looking forward to fighting him after the release.

Top Bottom