• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim

JabbatheHutt

Last edited:

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Look below

People seem to forget that the devs of game&wario aren't the same as the wario land devs so if the super smash bros devs ask the wario ware devs to use there iteration of wario then they have a responsibility to advertise there version of wario move set and all

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
People seem to forget that the devs of wario land and wario ware/game and wario devs aren't the same if they ask for permission to use wario they have to use the permutation of wario used in the game they ask for permission to use
Huh? They are the same.

R&D1, the developers of Wario Land, soon became SPD1 after the first Warioware game's release, which they also developed.

It's more of a question if most of the team that worked on Wario Land are still around today in SPD1, but I can assure you they were there when GBA Warioware games came out. The key people, Sakamoto in particular, are still there.

I get what you're saying though. The team probably wanted Warioware to be represented more for Smash because they moved on from Wario Land. If anything, the only bias around is probably all on the character's own owners, not Sakurai.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

Huh? They are the same.

R&D1, the developers of Wario Land, soon became SPD1 after the first Warioware game's release, which they also developed.

It's more of a question if most of the team that worked on Wario Land are still around today in SPD1, but I can assure you they were there when GBA Warioware games came out. The key people, Sakamoto in particular, are still there.

I get what you're saying though. The team probably wanted Warioware to be represented more for Smash because they moved on from Wario Land. If anything, the only bias around is probably all on the character's own owners, not Sakurai.
exactly, I dunno where the information about two separate devs came from.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
I think I know why Wario hasn't been confirmed yet. I think there will be a rhythm heaven rep trailer with Wario in it, I think this is why Sakurai hasn't really touched the subject. The reason I think Wario will be in the rhythm heaven rep trailer is because the chorus kids actually make a cameo in game&wario. They could even throw ness and other newcomers/vets in if they so choose.

JabbatheHutt

I think I know why Wario hasn't been confirmed yet. I think there will be a rhythm heaven rep trailer with Wario in it, I think this is why Sakurai hasn't really touched the subject. The reason I think Wario will be in the rhythm heaven rep trailer is because the chorus kids actually make a cameo in game&wario. They could even throw ness and other newcomers/vets in if they so choose.
I think you're right about Wario being a trailer.

He has too much of a personality NOT to be in one.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
A Wario x Rhythm Heaven character dual reveal is too perfect for it not to happen.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Wario was my main in Brawl. I think he's fine but if he's getting changed, here's how I think he could change him:
*Replace the Bike with the Shoulder Bash
*Improve the Corkscrew's ability to recover
*Add a meteor spike to his D-Air

This last one seems unlikely if he gets the Shoulder Bash, but I still think it would be nice:
*If you hold back on the analog stick while using the Shoulder Bash, Wario will come to a screeching halt. This would only work while he is on the ground, making Shoulder Bash a risky move to use in the air.

I'd love to see this, but if we're just getting the same Wario from Brawl with only small changes, I'd still be fine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's going to seem very strange knowing that Wario likely won't be getting any box art treatments like in Brawl. And the odd part is that he was a starting character in that game.

I guess I'm just wondering if some of the Brawl veterans that were starters may end up being demoted to unlockable status for Smash 4, because it definitely feels like it with the lack of Wario and Lucas right now.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think they're just saving him for a trailer. Can't imagine Wario not being a starter.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
It's going to seem very strange knowing that Wario likely won't be getting any box art treatments like in Brawl. And the odd part is that he was a starting character in that game.

I guess I'm just wondering if some of the Brawl veterans that were starters may end up being demoted to unlockable status for Smash 4, because it definitely feels like it with the lack of Wario and Lucas right now.
There were some returning starter characters from Melee that didn't appear on Brawl's box-art.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If I remember right, despite being one of the first revealed characters in Melee, she was one of the last ones of the starters in Brawl, but she was still a starter.

Granted, she was a part of Zelda, so there's that. Before her was Ice Climbers though, and they apply too, except the gap between their reveal and Sheik's was pretty long.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Am I the only one who actually prefers the Wario Ware games over the Wario Land games? I don't know but I always found the Wario Land games really boring and uninteresting and Wario Ware is at least entertaining for good number of hours. Oh well, guess it's too "casual" for dem "hardcore" gamers...

Anyway, like lordvaati said. Why not cater to both instead of one or the other? It would make fans of both series happy. Replace half of Wario's Wario Ware moves with a more Wario Land flavour and he's good to go.
Personally I'm a fan of both, but I think it was unfair that Land got almost no representation in Brawl.
The only thing I would do with Wario is give him the Shoulder Bash, and make the Corkscrew a better recovery move. Everything else is just fine.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Dunno how'd his Shoulder Bash work. Certainly not as a special attack as the only useless one is Up B, but Wario doesn't need better recovery options. All his other special complement Wario's defensive style and have great synergy with each other.

Shoulder Bash works a lot as a dash, so long as his new FSmash retains the same property as his old one. Though I'm fine with it as an FSmash. It doesn't really do the move any justice in its current state, but it's one of his best move and kill options already as an FSmash.

Wario is a very well designed character as is and doesn't really need any changes imo. I prefer Wario Land over Warioware, but the latter brings more flavor and distinction, so I'm completely behind that. The only move I'd change is his DSmash. Definitely need a Wario Land stage though.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Can I just say... IF that thing people are calling a "leak" is true, then Wario sure is looking really ugly even by Wario standards.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Can I just say... IF that thing people are calling a "leak" is true, then Wario sure is looking really ugly even by Wario standards.
Seriously the first thing I thought of when I saw it

"HELL NO, WARIO"

Though it's fake, ESRB doesn't play games lol.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Okay so, Wario might be an unlockable which I don't like either but if we dont get a direct, character confirmation, or a trailer soon it looks like thats his only shot.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I doubt (or hope it's not the case) that MK is the last veteran, and Wario is the most likely one ESPECIALLY if the leak is true since all the remaining veterans were unlockable before except for Wario.

Last edited:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
This is seriously taking too long...
I'm gonna go into withdrawal at this rate
Although I think Sakurai is procrastinating when it comes to revealing Wario, I think he will most certainly come. It would be unthinkable for him to be in Brawl but not the new Smash. Don't know why he just won't be revealed already; he's practically a given.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
For any Wario mains... there's been recent video leaks that have been causing chaos, and just now an album of images have also been posted (you can see here.)

I mostly want to bring attention to this picture here, of his trophy;

It tells us that he's a fighter, and that he still uses Wario Waft.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
WARIOOOOO

Wario Waft is back! This means his moveset is still the same...hopefully!

SO HAPPY

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
For any Wario mains... there's been recent video leaks that have been causing chaos, and just now an album of images have also been posted (you can see here.)

I mostly want to bring attention to this picture here, of his trophy;

It tells us that he's a fighter, and that he still uses Wario Waft.
WARIOOOOO

Wario Waft is back! This means his moveset is still the same...hopefully!

SO HAPPY
I really like his trophy pose, assuming this is also the position he'll be in for his render and Amiibo, I can't say I'm not pleased with it.

Hopefully he gets some amazing expressions in-game xD

As far as his moveset goes, I really hope he got some new A-moves (improved D-smash and B-air especially, maybe a better Dash attack) and hopefully he can control his falling direction during Bite like in P:M.

JabbatheHutt

I hate that trophy description!!

I do love that render tho, that pose looks pretty freaking sweet.

Hope we get a HQ Version soon.

And an OFFICIAL WARIO ANNOUNCEMENT

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Anyway, his legs look a bit less stumpy than in Brawl and his pose looks more like the traditional Wario bash-and-crash personality. It also doesn't mention the bike at all. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic but I'm not expecting to be pleased really.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I shall disregard everyone that wants the Bike gone.

How can anyone be so wrong.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I shall disregard everyone that wants the Bike gone.

How can anyone be so wrong.
The bike needs a few mechanical changes. It's really ****ed up in Brawl (especially when landing on platforms.)

Eager to see his Wario Land outfit again, hopefully touched up to match Mario and Luigi's appearances. I also hope his animations are kept weird, but improved in some areas so they don't look as sloppy.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Even though I've only played Shake It and Wario Land 4, I do still think Wario needs to have a moveset focused more on the Wario Land games. He could be such a better fighter! Anyway, hope to god this leak is fake (have since day 1) and hope to see Wario confirmed soon!

JabbatheHutt

I really have to start bringing some of the WARIOWRIDAY hype to this thread, like the Miiverse has gotten.

Come on Guys, lets hope for the big guy today!
We have TWO chances!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom