• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Well, so far, there seem to be no sign of any kind of attack related to Wario Land in the customs. Which was obvious, considering they don't change the actual move at all, only the properties attached to it (well, except for Palutena and the Miis).
That isn't exactly true. One of Megaman's B move options changes the entirety of his recovery from a spring to a bird like creature carrying him up. There ARE special exceptions, all we can do is hope that Wario is one of them.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
That isn't exactly true. One of Megaman's B move options changes the entirety of his recovery from a spring to a bird like creature carrying him up. There ARE special exceptions, all we can do is hope that Wario is one of them.
Yeah, it's Beat, a helper who first appeared in Megaman 5.

It's a nice reference, but it doesn't outright change the move in the same way Palutena's or Mii's customs do. Last time I checked, he even keeps the same "animation".
As of now, I'm guessing Sakurai wanted to remove every move that referenced Land because he wanted Wario to fully represent Ware. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I don't feel like he's going to break that rule with the customs.

Last edited:

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Well, so far, there seem to be no sign of any kind of attack related to Wario Land in the customs. Which was obvious, considering they don't change the actual move at all, only the properties attached to it (well, except for Palutena and the Miis).
I'm bummed he lost his white overalls from Brawl, it was my favorite palette swap from the game.
One of Ganandorf's custom b attacks gives him his sword. I still have some hope.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
So he's still using the bike I've noticed... Does he even use his shoulder dash? I liked him better in Project M to be honest.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Pretty weird that he's unlockable, but it all made sense once I imagined the canon could be that Wario never got an invitation to Smash 4 cause he was a smelly jerk in Brawl, but here he challenges them like "WAHA, YA MISS ME?"

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Wario looks like he's got a strong combo game.

Wheeling is now actually useful and Dash Attack trips.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He no longer tweaks on his mustache with his bike victory pose. Lame.
? He does.
The mustache isn't animated though when he does it, it just stays still, so it looks awkward. Definitely 3DS limitations.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I find it quite sad that Wario only has four recolors for both of his outfits this time. Little Mac got 16 palette swaps, so why Wario (along with Olimar and Robin) didn't get that same treatment is beyond me.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I have uploaded all of Wario's Custom Moves. Also took time to check how long each waft takes etc. Hope it helps guys

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It looks like the charge times for the Floral Waft and Fast Waft are 110 seconds and 30 seconds respectively.

It's a pity their KO power is so terrible compared to the standard version. Can't really see myself using them for proper matches, though the Fast Waft might be good in Smash Run, as damage is the only thing that matters for KOing enemies, and it gives you an extra jump.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
I have uploaded all of Wario's Custom Moves. Also took time to check how long each waft takes etc. Hope it helps guys
Thanks a lot, we really appreciate it. BTW, I heard a rumour that if you wheelie with the Heavy bike, there is a special animation. Any truth to that claim?

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I didn't see any discernible difference with the Heavy Bike wheelie over the normal one.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wario's new stage is fantastic
Grudgemom is home.

And it's way, way past your bedtime.

Wondering if this'll be the new game's Wario Ware. I always enjoyed that stage, so something inspired by it is welcomed by me!

It also makes me wonder what other stages we'll see for the other less-represented series.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I just unlocked the custom neutral special where he sucks items/enemies into his mouth...it really reminds me of Wario World, and makes me wish we had coin battles back :4wario2:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Probably a long shot, but I'd love if this song was for the new Wario stage:

Imagine beating the crap out of everyone and 9-Volt's mom freaking out on you while this song plays.

Shog

Smash Ace
Wario is incredible fun to play!! I love his recovery, air mobilty and all of the special attack(Bite = Air Grab :3)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I WASNT allowed to post anything about wario for the last week

but now that the game is out for everyone, i may consider picking up the farting fiend again

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
My favorite of the new Wario pics.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm liking Wario in HD. I've been playing him nonstop in the 3DS version since I got it last night.

Excited for the Wii U release.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I'm satisfied with how Wario is this time around.

Landing the bike wheelie isn't nearly as easy as I was hoping it would be, though, as there's about half a second of lag before Wario brings the bike down after you stop holding up.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Don't think he's as fun as he was in Brawl, but it's probably because of the controls. Honestly don't like the new FSmash.

Bike having a hitbox even after you get off it is SO GODLY though. It's funny how your average For Glory Robin gets interrupted by it lmao.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Wario is pretty much identical, but his new forward smash has too much lag. Still, the power increase is welcome.

Top Bottom