• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sorry, okay, try Wario man, you'll love his style. Like you'll get the basics on how to use him, but things like aircamping may be a bit of trouble for you, casue you really gotta understand and know how to do it. autocancelling his moves may ior may not be trouble to you. Just go to training mode and learn it, after that you'll love Wario.

but if you wanna pick other chars to play, please don't pick MK Snake G&W and such, it's gay and overdone. Be cool and use someone cool like DK ZSS Olimar Wario or even ICs. But for start off, Wario and DK are cool picks.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
In response to Godismyrock, cuz Phantom is starting to close 2 many threads to just refer people here....during the landing lag you cannot be hit by many attacks because you are squished against the ground. This also works with u-air to a degree.

Also something I've been noticing lately can be seen here at :12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O833iy9qfF4

Wario dashes forward out of the Dair hitstun into a forward tilt. I wouldn't think much of it except I've been doing it lately on accident OoS without being hit. It could easily be a new punishing option. Maybe you guys can help me out on what it is?

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
How long does it take before Wario can use Bike again after it's broken?

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Okay well since my thread got closed. But basically from what i understand wario is just sticking in moving? is that how i play him?

BentoBox

Smash Master
Yes. You jump around to bait attacks out of your opponents in order to create openings, and capitalize on those mistakes.

KHSigma

Smash Rookie
Can someone make a Wario match-up CHART. I've looked at some other character boards and seen a kind of character matchup chart. Its easier to read then our matchups where we have to scroll down to see them and, even now, its not done anyway. It would be much easier to see Wario's matchups if someone made a chart. I'd do it if I could I just don't know how.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you know how Falco has a 45% CG on Wario right? Someone thinks they can escape it by DI'ing then jumping and using an Fair. FYI, this person played on FD and they were below 45%. Is it even possible to escape Falco's CG by doing that?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Ah okay. Thanks for the info! The CG guide I looked at has it the other way round! O_O

Zori

Smash Champion
how is the wario and diddy match-up? i would assume in his favor, i mean he can eat them, bike over them and stay in the air for a while and that's all his options without even using the bananas the match up is in his favor right?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
how is the wario and diddy match-up? i would assume in his favor, i mean he can eat them, bike over them and stay in the air for a while and that's all his options without even using the bananas the match up is in his favor right?
Its actually fairly even...diddy has a lot of priority haha

Hey, you know how Falco has a 45% CG on Wario right? Someone thinks they can escape it by DI'ing then jumping and using an Fair. FYI, this person played on FD and they were below 45%. Is it even possible to escape Falco's CG by doing that?
Unless you are DEHF then it goes up to 60 or so.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
CG is always like 60 damage if they end it with a dair... even closer to 80 if you don't tech that dair onstage or they get you with something else.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm fairly sure DEHF is a smasher and not a tech...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Judging by the context it was used, and the fact that I have seen a smasher named DEHF, that's my only guess.

Get some sleep, lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
What move can beat out MK's fair? Or is there no point in asking?

Or at least, how can I punish it? The scenario is that he is approaching me with fairs, but there is enough difference between us for me not to shield grab.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
DEHF is the best falco in the world lol. And its up to 60..like without the dair. Then he gets to dair me afterwards. Idk he has the walking cg timing down on wario like frame perfectly...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Although it is said that the match-up is even, when they get that grab, it really doesn't feel even, loll. And Falcos find a way to grab, they always do...

This may seem like a really strange line of questioning, but try and follow my logic. If the previous question ends up being no, then you probably need to proceed to the next.

Q1: When wafting underneath a slightly curved edge, does Wario conform with the curve?

Q2: Can Wario waft out of water instead of just jumping (more than likely not)?

Q3: There is some short SAFs at the beginning of full waft?

Q4: If all that's considered, and true, couldn't Wario do like a full waft out of the water, into the bow of Pirate Ship, negate the spike, and shark up through the little fall through part on the front of the ship?

I didn't want to test it myself, because I'm not uber technical, and want to not even think about it because its just kinda bugging me. Now honestly this would be decently pointless save for being the most badass wtf moment in existance when done right :wario:, and kinda benefitting Wario on the stage. Sorry if this is old, already been discussed, or just a ******** thought, but, ..... yeah, anyone know?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Who's considered the best Wario?
We don't really rank each other around here, lol. But the tournament goers are pretty much DMG, Fiction, Reflex, PhantomX, etc. Futile, if he still played.

BMX

Smash Lord
I wonder how they did in HOBO. I wasnt paying attention on the live feed. Also, I'm a tourney attender here in MD/VA. Really competitive here because of NJ a.k.a. Meta-Town. lol

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Although it is said that the match-up is even, when they get that grab, it really doesn't feel even, loll. And Falcos find a way to grab, they always do...
Quite true. IMO, the only thing keeping it even is the fact that he prettymuch screws over laser game.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion

Q1: When wafting underneath a slightly curved edge, does Wario conform with the curve?

Q2: Can Wario waft out of water instead of just jumping (more than likely not)?

Q3: There is some short SAFs at the beginning of full waft?

Q4: If all that's considered, and true, couldn't Wario do like a full waft out of the water, into the bow of Pirate Ship, negate the spike, and shark up through the little fall through part on the front of the ship?

1. Yes, such as you can fart under the slope on smashville and you will slide up the side. It works about the same as jumps so on slopes (iirc)

2. Test it yourself lol..but that might be interesting if it did...I dont think you can do any moves out of water though.

3. Yes

4. I have no idea.

Corrupted Mind

Smash Cadet
I have heard references of it not being a good idea for metaknight to plank wario. Is this because wario can plank him back harder, or is there something im not getting?

Sorry if this is a noob question.

BMX

Smash Lord
I have heard references of it not being a good idea for metaknight to plank wario. Is this because wario can plank him back harder, or is there something im not getting?

Sorry if this is a noob question.
It honestly isn't in my opinion because a good Wario can rack damage, camp back and charge a KO waft without a problem.

Thats what I do anyway against them. Its a bad idea in general.

A question: If you are facing ICs and he knows how to 0-death you, would you camp the **** out of him? Somehow, people avoid this logic. lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We can throw our bike at them if they try to plank, and they can't upair/up b it or anything. And then if we grab the ledge we can drop with invincibility frames for a guaranteed waft.

Wario can just fight ICs even if they know how to 0-death, just practice on ****** Nana while keeping Popo out of the way. Use the waft every minute without fail, Nana's shielding sucks. I managed to beat Lain's ICs in pools (lol, I Wariocided Nana when I had a slight lead + high percent on my second stock) ^_^

Top Bottom