• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Labernash

Smash Lord
Bob and Weave you body while playing as him in real life. That's an Advanced Technique.

Try watchin Pwneroni. He named himself the Aggro Wario, and mastered the tire. Blue Rouge ain't too campy either.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So I was playing a friendly match a day or two ago and I used Dsmash to punish a spotdodge. After spotdodging, my opponent managed to power shield it anyway.

Why is Dsmash so bad and is there any way I can use it effectively?
You have to use the back hit. The back hit comes out first and faster. That's 90% likely the reason they powershielded it. Cuz if you were facing them then it actually is a nice bit slower....

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Bob and Weave you body while playing as him in real life. That's an Advanced Technique.

Try watchin Pwneroni. He named himself the Aggro Wario, and mastered the tire. Blue Rouge ain't too campy either.
Cool thanks.

Oh btw Google Maps is terrible and has almost gotten me killed on several occasions.

*points at your location*

:embarrass:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who's the best Wario of them all

1.) Reflex
2.) Malcom
3.) Bassem
4.) Hunger
5.) ???????

And no I didn't quit Wario. He's my back up when my hands cramp up from using too much Pit.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
hunger was extremely unimpressive last time i checked

then again, the pool of people to choose from is rather small

im not going to comment on, or compare with, the ~3 only legit warios in europe

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I didn't think Hungr took the game seriously anymore.

What would be interesting is if you counted players that had a strong Wario but don't main him like Ally Atomsk etc. Lot of very solid Wario secondaries/semi players out there that could easily be in the top 5 if you counted them imo

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well my bad I forgot to mention this is for that janky top 5 thread I own now, we base it on:

Performance (placement and wins against specific players)
Consistency (activity and how often you place high/how often you beat good players)
US/CAN/MEX

5th could go to Sky, Slikvik, or I can keep it. Hunger is still good and places well in MW, hence his placement in 4th. He's better than me.

It goes like this:

Hunger >= Bassem > Krystedez > Blue Rogue

Throw other warios up there. I am thinking about players that main him and use him consistently. Slik, Sky, etc.

I don't like looking at secondaries unless they are clearly performing better with Wario and using him more often than not. I am def. better than Ally's Wario far as acheivements go in solo department. It's not fair to say "well he goes toe to toe with M2K with HIS wario" and say that's that. It's more than that.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who's the best Wario of them all

1.) Reflex
2.) Malcom
3.) Bassem
4.) Hunger
5.) ???????

And no I didn't quit Wario. He's my back up when my hands cramp up from using too much Pit.
Reflex
Malcom
Bassem
Hunger
Krys/Sky/BR/Slikvik

I will keep myself at 5th until a bug crawls up my *** and makes me use Wario again in tourney. Otherwise expect that place to be easily swiped. Genesis 2 was almost 6 months ago, so that's about my only saving grace. I DID do more than BR did ever, and we're both God Kais, so at least the rep is there I believe (he did outplace me once at MLG Columbus, but we already know that story). Also, putting Hunger on makes sense, and he goes all Wario mostly.

Putting Sky on over me for fifth, I think there are other Warios who have had recent acomplishments and a long list of records before Sky even thought of mostly maining Wario. His performance at Apex won't be ignored for sure, and I know how he is skill wise. I just want to give other Warios a chance too. I will ask the Wario boards too.
copy pasted opinion from top 5 thread

o_O Im confused as to why you feel I should be moved down and have malcolm remain above me.

The main thing that everybody is using to boost reflex's placing is his performance at apex. Malcolm hasnt done anything notable in some time and I tied for 2nd highest wario at apex and was one of the 3 warios to make it into bracket. You got some splainin to do lucy.

Wario list IMO should be

1)reflex (active and did good at apex)
2)bassem (active and did relatively well at apex)
3)malcolm (moved down for inactivity and lack of any recent results)
4)hunger/sky/krys
5)hunger/krys/sky/slik

hunger was extremely unimpressive last time i checked

then again, the pool of people to choose from is rather small

im not going to comment on, or compare with, the ~3 only legit warios in europe
hunger is legit

Tesh

Smash Hero
You have to use the back hit. The back hit comes out first and faster. That's 90% likely the reason they powershielded it. Cuz if you were facing them then it actually is a nice bit slower....
???, but he didn't power shield the beginning. I was like right on top of him and he spotdodged and power shielded the weaker hit right after the spotdodge. Kind of makes the move feel pointless to me.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
imo top 5 should look like

Reflex
Bassem
Malcolm
Krystedez
Hunger

But I feel that all of these five are really close to eachother.

Then I'd probably suggest Slik just because he's the next one who's got notable wins and uses him often. I heard that Sky hasn't been using Wario as much, correct me if I'm wrong. IDK about Blue Rogue, just because I haven't seen his results in forever.

I'm not even top 100 :)

Edit: Oh yeah I also feel that Croi and Jnig are both really good contenders for that fifth spot as well.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Cool thanks.

Oh btw Google Maps is terrible and has almost gotten me killed on several occasions.

*points at your location*

:embarrass:
Sho thang! And haha, yeah it's goofy. There's gotta be a conspiracy in there somewhere.

I was actually wondering about top 5 recently. Now, before I say my list, lemme just say one big IMO.
1) Reflex da bess
2) Bassem too gewd
3) Hunger so fresh
4) Malcolm smells like poopy
5) JNig is white

Now, I would also put Croi in, but JNig is super good right now and has been more consistent (as far as I know). And Kyrstedez, I love you baby, your Wario is sick. It's awkward to have you take yourself off of the list, but I consider you a Pit. Not saying you couldn't go Wario, but you are much more dedacated/ pleased with Pit.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Let me just say one thing about me vs Croi: I 2-1'd him in 1st round pools, trading 2-stocks, then 3-0'd him in a MM, with two 2-stocks and a 3-stock. Other than that, idk what I do other than keep losing close matches to Lee Martin and be thisclose to beating Orion to make it into APEX bracket, but I'm honored that I'm getting my name out there.

Shoutouts to the Wario bros that wore the hats at APEX, felt like we were the cool kids, lol

Labernash

Smash Lord
JNig, proof enough for me!

Nah, not Slik. He needs to do stuff again first, in my opinion. Although, you might would put him on in later months, if he stays active.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Let me just say one thing about me vs Croi: I 2-1'd him in 1st round pools, trading 2-stocks, then 3-0'd him in a MM, with two 2-stocks and a 3-stock. Other than that, idk what I do other than keep losing close matches to Lee Martin and be thisclose to beating Orion to make it into APEX bracket, but I'm honored that I'm getting my name out there.

Shoutouts to the Wario bros that wore the hats at APEX, felt like we were the cool kids, lol
dude I was cheering for you so hard in those matches against orion. He played pretty gay :(

Your wario has improved from when I last saw it though! You did a great job against me and bpow in doubles too :)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
dude I was cheering for you so hard in those matches against orion. He played pretty gay :(

Your wario has improved from when I last saw it though! You did a great job against me and bpow in doubles too :)
Jnig is legit

just curious, where you the guy who I had to trash talk back 3rd game about me SDing game 2 LMAO?

And um. Yeah I played pretty gay but it's not like Jnig didnt do the same thing. I'll take shots for playing gay but lol at anyone if they don't think he did the same.

Either way I had never heard of Jnig before and was super impressed. Shoutouts to him

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
???, but he didn't power shield the beginning. I was like right on top of him and he spotdodged and power shielded the weaker hit right after the spotdodge. Kind of makes the move feel pointless to me.
Look.

The back hit comes out first.

If the back hit missed that's on you for mistiming.

If you weren't facing away from him that's on you.

If your gonna read a spotdodge/roll

Your better off getting inside of them and charging fsmash.

They spotdodge it'll hit they roll in it'll hit.

Same exact scenario

Better result.

Or you could always fart. Or grab. Or bite...

Get my point?

The move has like 1 or 2 debatable uses. It's great on landing cuz it's very fast and the angle it sends is dumb. It's decent against ledge stuff.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Jnig is legit

just curious, where you the guy who I had to trash talk back 3rd game about me SDing game 2 LMAO?

And um. Yeah I played pretty gay but it's not like Jnig didnt do the same thing. I'll take shots for playing gay but lol at anyone if they don't think he did the same.

Either way I had never heard of Jnig before and was super impressed. Shoutouts to him
Respect. Yeah even Lee hates playing me, I try to just punish MK, taking the least amount of risks possible haha.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Look.

The back hit comes out first.

If the back hit missed that's on you for mistiming.

If you weren't facing away from him that's on you.

If your gonna read a spotdodge/roll

Your better off getting inside of them and charging fsmash.

They spotdodge it'll hit they roll in it'll hit.

Same exact scenario

Better result.

Or you could always fart. Or grab. Or bite...

Get my point?

The move has like 1 or 2 debatable uses. It's great on landing cuz it's very fast and the angle it sends is dumb. It's decent against ledge stuff.
Alright, chill out. I didn't intentionally use it, I was just trying to Dair, but this character sucks at jumping for some ironic reason.

I was just wondering how its possible to power shield something with a lingering hitbox after a spotdodge.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The hitbox is constantly spinning. It's like his head down to his shoulders, so unless they land right in the middle of you, a powershield isn't difficult to manage against it.

One point of interest is that it appears to be incredibly good at clanking with other moves.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Because it isn't like peaches dsmash. The hitbox is moving and is mostlsy his head. so it twirls around. They spotdodged as it passed and powershielded as it came back around.

That was me calm...i was trying to explain it to you. And ppl usually understand better if you take them in steps :p

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
JNig's also got some good placings when he went to Texas iirc. I just remember watching him beat Espy on stream pretty solidly. I'd say JNig's more than qualified for top 5.

You deserve it, JNig!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Your post didn't really answer my question though. Calm or not.

Reflex answered me then you repeated what he said.

Tesh

Smash Hero
teams question, 2 fully charged farts hitting a shield at the same time would break it right? Or even a fully charged and half charge?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wouldn't try that, but it probably would

Labernash

Smash Lord
Break the shield with something else so you can kill him with waft. Using it to break shields is almost wasteful! =O

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't a charged Fsmash stronger than a full waft?

Anyway I was just curious, I would mostly just use full wafts for edgeguarding anyway.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Anyway I was just curious, I would mostly just use full wafts for edgeguarding anyway.
As far as knockback goes, of course. Full waft really isn't terribly powerful. You could probably get a similar effect from a Waft and a Wario F-Smash or U-Air, honestly. Full waft does a -lot- of shield damage.

Labernash

Smash Lord

Don't let it get fully charged. After a minute and thirty seconds goes by, Waft on him soon after. Don't use it earlier, don't use it later. I have done a lot of matches where I only use Waft to kill. And it works.

As far as doubles go, sure it could work, and it'd be super flashy. But if you want flash, you should kill with Waft in my opinion. So like Reflex said, maybe a Full Waft and F-Smash the shield, then have one guy ready with a 1:30 - 1:45 waft stand away, then the other fully charge F-Smash's the broken shield guy, and the other jumps up, wafts him and sends him the other direction for the KO.

HYPE!!!

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'd rather let it get fully charged than try to force it when I don't have an opening.

Labernash

Smash Lord
You'd be surprised at how easy it is to land a Smart Fart. I've traded hits while using it, and the sound or animation of the waft don't show up, but I go flying, and the other guy gets KO'd. But like I said, after the 1:30 mark, you have like 20 seconds to set up for it. If it's fully charged, it's only good for recovery, high percent offstage KO's, or Head Butt star KO's. It's harder for me to land personally, but the SA helps out. I've been told by people that they never get hit with Waft as often as they did in our match. And I'm garbage.

Just get into the habit of using it, and any trouble using it will melt away!

EDIT: Also, you should be camping so hard, wasting a Waft means nothing to you. Lolololol

Top Bottom