• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Anyone know about the bike glitching and turning invisible when wheelieing on platforms? I can make a video of it later if you guys don't know about it. Seems situational, but maybe it's more mindgamey than I give it credit.

xzx

Smash Lord
No, the Wario bike has exactly 26% of"HP" (have tested this).

I want a vid of that, PieDisliker!

Tesh

Smash Hero
What really? I thought for sure biking through things staled my opponent's moves.

xzx

Smash Lord
Yes, it does. If Ness is f-smashing your riding bike he will have staled his f-smash. Same goes for if he used PK thunder 1.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
He asked if riding your bike to hit someone staled Wario's moves. I think it might work like Fox's lasers, in that it only stales once as long as the animation isn't stopped.

...At least, that's what I thought he was asking. The bike is a damageable surface, so hitting it at any point will stale any character's moves, yeah. G&W using U-Air to push your bike around would, too, I imagine.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^Sorry, I meant can I ride my bike into my opponent's moves and stale my opponent's moves.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
its not a damageable object as youre riding it, you cant destroy it while youre riding it

therefor i GUESS it wont stale, but really it takes 5 mins to test it

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
When is it okay to use Dash Attack? It just seems....really situational.

Also who is good at the Oli matchup? I need references or something.

Labernash

Smash Lord
At the beginning of DA, it sends them in an upwardsish trajectory. During, trajectory is like, behind Wario. I sometimes do it on accident and get away with it, but you know. I guess in situations where you could use DA effectivly, there's better options. But who knows.

Also, Croi vs. Dabuz is pretty good. Oli is weird, but there's some videos. Croi gets em often. Also, Bassem vs Denti might be okay for certain reference. But meh.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bassem vs Denti is probably the most recent example.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
yes it is, attackers take hitlag if they hit only the bike and not Wario while Wario's riding it. it's like a waddle dee
hitlag doesnt imply being a damageable object, that would imply that you can unstale your moves by hitting a shield (which, for clarity's sake, isnt the case)

how does it makes sense for it to be damageable if you cant kill it? also, if you damage it while wario is riding it it will still have the fixed 26 or whatever % health when its inactive once wario jumps off

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm 90% sure you can't kill them, unless you knock them off of the bottom blast zone.

If you play with items on, its pretty clear they can take an absurd amount of damage.

xzx

Smash Lord
But he can't eat Pokéballs and Mr. Saturns! =P (Wario's Bite too good and a little broken!)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He can eat exploding boxes after they explode

That's right you heard me

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
What characters can Wario hit fart with while they're below the BF platform and he's on top? I know it works on Snake and other tall characters, but where do you think the cutoff would be?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Probably won't hit anyone Mario height or shorter

Never mind, it hits Mario

Good gravy

Doesn't hit G^W but I can get Dair to barely tap him somehow.

Hits Fox too. Anyone taller than Fox Mario is guaranteed to get hit. Anyone shorter than G&W is not (even though you can hit him with the tip of Dair baaaaarely 1/10 times.)

Lucas gets hit too.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I only tested full fart. IDK if he can hit the same people with a half fart.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Oh well that's a bit different then. I know it hits half-waft vs tall characters by Snake. Full fart is still really useful, though. I'll need to keep it in mind.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Any tips for a new soon to be wario player?
That's so vague. Nothing specific will greatly increase your ability, so, here's this--

Watch videos of good Wario players. Read up on matchups and ATs. Try not to commit to much. Embrace the art of moving away from the opponent.

Labernash

Smash Lord
That's so vague. Nothing specific will greatly increase your ability, so, here's this--

Watch videos of good Wario players. Read up on matchups and ATs. Try not to commit to much. Embrace the art of moving away from the opponent.
I've asked many other character boards this question, and they tell me moves to use/ metagame. This always caused problems with my Wario.

All I do is copy you, but I feel like I just throw out certain moves and that's it. Other characters, I've learned what to do in certain situations by somebody just saying a simple couple a sentances. Wario, I've learned moves that I just use. Doesn't help much. Which is bad for a Wario main. :(

I love Wario, I AM best with him, I have 150 hours of in-match playtime with Wario on my Wii, but I STILL don't know how to exactly play him because Wario mains answer questions in the way you did here.

Vague as it is, there is stuff he could be doing. Like, using Wario's air game. F-Smash isn't a move for racking up damage, etc.

That may seem like a no brainer to a lot of you, but you have to understand that there is such a thing as players not making money at tournements. OH MY GAWSH RIGHT?!?!?

Tl:dr; To the knowlegable Wario's: be more helpful. Teach the metagame, not a couple things new players/ bad players can't put to use on their own.

Not hatin', just sayin'.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
For your more advanced Wario techniques, visit the Wario AT Thread! Also keep in mind that anytime you land an aerial, many times you can substitute the Fart in and score a good kill! Use the fart reactively rather than aggressively. Many tournament matches have been won because of legit clutch farts.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've asked many other character boards this question, and they tell me moves to use/ metagame. This always caused problems with my Wario.

All I do is copy you, but I feel like I just throw out certain moves and that's it. Other characters, I've learned what to do in certain situations by somebody just saying a simple couple a sentances. Wario, I've learned moves that I just use. Doesn't help much. Which is bad for a Wario main. :(

I love Wario, I AM best with him, I have 150 hours of in-match playtime with Wario on my Wii, but I STILL don't know how to exactly play him because Wario mains answer questions in the way you did here.

Vague as it is, there is stuff he could be doing. Like, using Wario's air game. F-Smash isn't a move for racking up damage, etc.

That may seem like a no brainer to a lot of you, but you have to understand that there is such a thing as players not making money at tournements. OH MY GAWSH RIGHT?!?!?

Tl:dr; To the knowlegable Wario's: be more helpful. Teach the metagame, not a couple things new players/ bad players can't put to use on their own.

Not hatin', just sayin'.
It's difficult to find "good" answers for bad questions. "Tell me how to get better" gives me no information, since I have no starting point. It's not good to assume anything about a player's knowledge of the game, which is why I tend to go over seemingly-obvious things in many of my explanations. Skilled players don't magically have an answer for how to improve a person's game when they know nothing about how they play. My basic answers gave a great starting point; if that's not good enough, it's the other person's responsibility to tell me that so I can move to other information that might be more helpful.

I need to know what the person DOES know, whether it's by getting a video to critique, or an idea of what a player tries to do in the average match.

Don't be discouraged by "weak" information. Just ask more specifically, and I'll be able to give better answers. Something like "Don't use F-Smash for damage racking" isn't very useful, and isn't even necessarily correct. It's the general stuff that every player needs to know and practice before they get to subtle nuances.

Feel free to ask. I have a pretty lady to meet in the park right now, but I'll be on later. I love to help people, but I need a place to start.

Lord Chair

Smash Master

Not hatin', just sayin'.
You realize that this most most most basic level of knowledge can be distilled from 4 year old Wario guides right?

There has to a point where people realize things about the game and a character's metagame is allowed to flourish in the first place. If you keep repeating the same basics it severely hampers/slows down the development.

Experienced Wario players still have the worst habits that rarely if ever get addressed because people keep worrying about the most basic principles of the game. I keep stressing the double jumps which are the single most apparent and destructive flaw in almost every non-top Wario player's playstyle but barely anyone is getting the goddamn hint.

What point is there for the more knowledgeable Wario players to keep spreading the love and try to fix other people's habits they won't allow to be fixed? As far as I know only Jebu gave hearing to the specific DJ advice (and I thank him for that) and I don't want to spend hours and hours of stressing the same thing over and over again.

In fact, I'm pretty sure this wall of text is a huge waste of my time as well so I'm just going to call it a day here.

BPx

Smash Lord
question for you guys
which wario costume is best vs the ice climbers? i usually use classic(yellow and purple overalls) but i have still been losing the match-up.

any help would be great, thanks

Top Bottom