• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

D

Deleted member 189823

Think of Wario as a nuclear powered bumble bee. I would advise you to watch a few Wario vids! Everyone has a different style of Wario, because this character is so unique and has tons of depth. For example, my Wario focuses mainly on tires while Reflex focuses on precision reads and good spacing. Check out the video thread and watch a few!

Just play around with Wario a bit, and see what you like about him. His Nair is really good, as it is quick and can lead into combos. Lots of Warios could use Nair a bit more IMO! :p

Here's a good one! Wario vs D3
Hey thanks.
I'm trying out Wario and I think he's good. Also pretty strange.

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Does Wario enjoy eating all the items in the game? He definitely looks pretty satisfied after eating his bike or explosives but I'm not too sure about the other stuff. Also why doesn't he like to eat a few things like Pokeballs? :p

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
can you imagine the weird moral problems of eating a pokeball
like the pokemon if just being digested in the ball
the little world he lives in is being crushed like a piece of paper, and he's just screaming as digestive acids are filling the ball.
if only wario hadn't eaten that, starmie could have come out and help
but wario chowed down
and starmie has to watch itself dissolve wario's stomach.
oh the horror

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
The stories I fap to every night, my good man
it only gets worse when you see those pictures of poke balls being like comfy sitting rooms

like, imagine the room slowly crushing down, the impending claustrophobia as the pokemon screams. it's like if you were in your bedroom and suddenly water just started coming out of all the walls and you drowned
this is why I like the wario boards.

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Well the people in the world of Pokemon drink moo moo milk from Miltanks. Somebody is going to get curious about how those Pokemon taste. Also, best responses ever.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Omg that .gif of the dude at his computer is hilarious xD a very interesting view about Wario eating pokemon!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Does anyone have any advice on playing against a really campy Falco? I try to play for the time out, but its really hard when he just runs away and shoots lasers at you. I just end up getting frustrated when playing this match up.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
It's all about the tires, baby. Check this out: let's say Falco is shooting lasers, then when you get close he uses side B to get away. It's tough to catch, let alone punish!

Now imagine you have a tire in your hand in the same scenario. Try Uthrowing the tire and then approaching Falco in order to apply pressure. The tire will be bouncing behind you, and if Falco attempts to side B away he will collide with the tire (assuming he passes thru it with the second half of the Phantom Falco, and you aimed it right).

Scoring a hit will ruffle his feathers a bit and allow you to close the gap. He also may gain phantom lag from getting hit out of his side b, not 100% sure though. This technique could also work with the bike, but it is less likely given Wario's reduced mobility while carrying the large hog.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's all about the tires, baby. Check this out: let's say Falco is shooting lasers, then when you get close he uses side B to get away. It's tough to catch, let alone punish!

Now imagine you have a tire in your hand in the same scenario. Try Uthrowing the tire and then approaching Falco in order to apply pressure. The tire will be bouncing behind you, and if Falco attempts to side B away he will collide with the tire (assuming he passes thru it with the second half of the Phantom Falco, and you aimed it right).

Scoring a hit will ruffle his feathers a bit and allow you to close the gap. He also may gain phantom lag from getting hit out of his side b, not 100% sure though. This technique could also work with the bike, but it is less likely given Wario's reduced mobility while carrying the large hog.
Throw the tire down, not up. If you throw it up, he has all the time in the world to get through you before it comes down, and if there is a platform above you (which is likely), it won't affect his ability to Phantasm through you.

It's also worth noting that Falco can SDI the tire hit up and N-Air/B-Air/D-Air or laser you afterward, so he doesn't incur as much landing lag, and he also keeps himself relatively safe while probably catching the tire. It's slightly disruptive, but it's not all that good at dealing with Phantasm. Every little bit helps, though.

xzx

Smash Lord
Pwneroni, you and your tires! xD Don't forget that Falco can easily reflect them! XD

Yeah, we can bike through his lasers but I don't think we can bike through his phantasm as long as its hitbox is active.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Pwneroni, you and your tires! xD Don't forget that Falco can easily reflect them! XD
Not terribly easily. We can throw/drop them and airdodge forward. If he decides to Down-B while we airdodge, we get a free punish with whatever we want.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
If you Uthrow the tire, there is hardly any chance that he will reflect it! Falco's down B leaves him really open so he will not likely try and risk it. If you Fthrow the tire at Falco from long range, he will likely reflect it. If a tire is bouncing behind you and you are approaching, reflector is low on the danger list xD

Tires rock, new uses for them are being discovered with every smashfest! Uthrowing the tire gives it a lot more time maintaining a hitbox, so you can really do some cool innovative things! I'll try to borrow my friend's wii so I can record some stuff, maybe like a tire exhibition match or something xD

xzx

Smash Lord
But every Falco I have met has always reflected my tires when I up-throw them! =(

I have also found that Z-dropping the tires are waaay more lagless and hitting someone with it results in a free fart! ;)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
well in this scenario, it would be really dangerous for falco to reflector! Hold on, after I finish this classwork I'll draw up a picture.

[/IMG]

Wario spaces a Uthrown tire against Falco's Phantasm. If Falco initiates his side B he will get hit by the tire, because the tire will be maintaining a constant hitbox. Uthrow keeps the hitbox out for much longer than Dthrow, and thus adds more flexibility and uses. You don't have to jump as high to Uthrow, you can shorthop throw and then apply pressure against your opponent.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Let's say that I don't have a tire and I just want read his side B and punish him for it. What other moves does Wario have to out prioritize phantasm? From what others say, phantasm has low priority.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Umm I think Falco is invincible for the first half of the Phantasm, you can only hit him out of the second half. I think pretty much any move will go through it, the problem is timing it to actually hit. Falco zips around so fast that you have read him successfully to even have enough time to get the move out.

If you read Falco trying to side B through you, try moves that have hitboxes that are large. Ftilt and Fart are good ones to try, maybe even Utilt or Nair. I usually just try to predict where he is going to land and punish from there, Dair is really quite easy to hit if you jump over the Phantasm and Falco lands on the stage.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ftilt and Utilt kind of risky imo. You won't get much coverage for their startup and the last thing you want is to constantly get hit if you miss because they are laggy ground moves.

If you actually have the chance to hit him out of it, you want a long lasting hitbox like Dair/Nair/Bike and low endlag like Dair/Nair/Uair. Nair is good because he will still get RCO lag because he used his aerial special so you can probably hit him again with whatever you want anyway. This should also happen if the hitbox from phantasm causes a grab break on bite. Falco should land right in front of you for a free whatever.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ftilt is really slow and takes a hard read to connect. You pretty much have to start it at the same time he starts his side B lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i hate ftilt, its slow, laggy and weaker than fsmash and i never seem to be able to beat anything with it anyway with that apparent range.

xzx

Smash Lord
Tesh, you've got to be kidding me!! =O I love Wario's f-tilt - it's such a good suprise move. I always take a stock from MK with it, no kidding. Oh, and I'm talking about the up-angled version!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
F-Tilt is especially useful when dealing with people on the ledge (beats so many things), and it's moderately useful against characters with little range/speed (good in the Wario ditto, for instance).

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ftilt is the best :D I love hitting MKs out of their tornado with it! You can also combo into Ftilt from Nair2 at mid percents :)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Does anyone have Skype and want to help me understand Wario's metagame a little bit? I just need a refresher on the basics, and the guides aren't doing anything for me. :/

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have Skype and I'm often online. However, I am at work now, and will be going to a tournament in Tennessee immediately afterward, so I won't be available until at least Sunday.

Maybe I should work on a Wario guide, but, I think there's a lot less to say compared to Pokémon Trainer.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I'll be busy Saturday and Sunday anways. If you wanna go Monday, that'd be great!

A new Wario guide is needed, I do declare.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Alright, Skype names and such please! I want to learn how to play this character. I seem to have forgotten, due to THE ALL-POWERFUL KIRBY...

Top Bottom