• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I like how you guys tell him to move the question (which is reasonable because this is where it belongs) and then you respond with answers like this ^
Most of us probably don't have much experience teaming with an Olimar, so my guess is as good as anyone else's.

I think your strategy would depend on who you're playing against. If you're playing against a team that has someone that can easily gimp Olimar (MK, for instance), you should keep them away from Olimar.

If not, then I think it would be best if both of you try to double team one person on the other team. That way, if Oli ends up offstage, the Wario is close by.

I guess other little things would be to use aerials/wafts off of Oli's throws/grabs, make sure that Wario is the one edgeguarding, try to have Oli dair spike off of Wario's throws for kills offstage or tech chases onstage, and make sure to zone the other team away from the middle of the stage.

Satisfied with this answer?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't know, I think the optimal thing to do is to have Wario sitting edge-side of Olimar at all times, with him taking front/throwing stuff. That way if they try to get him off the stage, Wario is there for support. Wario doesn't have to do anything since Oli can force the approaches. Obv grab to waft is amazing because of no knockback alteration, and they can both kill very quickly. The success of the team pretty much is going to revolve around making sure Olimar doesn't get gimped.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I've just recently came back to playing Brawl and I'm maining Wario once again.

My usual teams partner, Coco, mains Olimar and he is weird to team with because I'm not sure whether to pay more attention to him or my opponents.

I guess what I'm asking for here is advice on how to team with Olimar mains, it's quite odd and I haven't been able to figure it out

Help me plz. (sorry for posting in places that *werent* here xD)
Thanks for using the Q&A thread. I personally think that this team can be played really well if the people are smart. Olimar can rack up serious damage (0-50 just by one grab!!) and wario can get damage and kill rather easily too! wario is also good off the stage, and near the edge. If olimar is off the stage and is about to get gimped wario can either stand by the edge and protect it from others going after the edge hog, or he can hit olimar up and recover by fart, bike, jump, and upB. Olimar has serious grab range so use that to your advantage. Grab from oli>fart can be the turning point of the match. 0-50 combo by olimar followed by a grab from olimar > 1:50 fart from wario will pretty much instant kill diddy or mk no johns. get creative try out some stuff there are no limits to how awesome a team can be with wario. Oligrab>dthrow>wario footstool might set up for a jablock followed by a full charged waft or Fsmash by wario.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I have some exp teaming with olimar.

You both just camp and play really gay. You have to watch him really closely and getting ready to combo off him save him. Thats pretty much it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The team blows against strong MK players though. Double MK in particular makes that team cry if they are good, so watch out for that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Political Candidate Wario of the Waft Party up in this shet

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Double wario
i wonder if someone has managed to do fart at the same time on someone o_O
Then they both fsmash once the shield breaks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sethlon has eaten a Double Fart. He didn't want to, and we all blame it on Hylian/whoever his partner that time was lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
????

What?

I love the Wario Q&A thread. Fogo and Dphat do too.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
^ Lol noob
Jk anyways i usually try to go to bf as a starter stage its the easiest stage for me against falco since you can avoid his camping the easiest there.

Asa

Smash Hero
what's happening (game mechanic wise) when i do a waft, but the animation doesn't come out

but they still take the damage and knockback?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm sure you'll have to end up purchasing some iWantToRecordStuff along with iComponentCables in order to use the iVideoEdit on your Macintosh.

Top Bottom