• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah; in my experience, you can't F-Smash Lucas out of grab-release. Perhaps if you buffer a stutter-step and F-Smash on the second possible frame (or is it second/third? I thought F-Smash was frame 9), you might be close enough, but, that sounds difficult. Any earlier and you're too far away, and any later, he can powershield it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
YI I don't think so. Either that slant doesn't come into play, or it only lets you CG someone who already fails to the CG slightly longer. You CAN definitely do it on the platform when it is tilted, and on places like Lylat in the middle when it tilts, but idk about in the middle of YI or somewhere next to one of that stage slant. It might allow turn around jab to be a true combo though, idk. Dthrow Buffer Dtilt still works (not a big deal, but kinda cool poking at him that way.)

Frigate
Halberd
YI Pipes
Pirate Ship
PS1/2
Castle Siege
Delfino
Brinstar
RC
etc have slants that allow it

Starters: YI platform
Halberd
CS
Delfino
PS1/PS2

Characters the regrab works on that normally does not:

Dedede
Snake
MK (stricter % it works on, and stricter Dthrow staleness levels needed.)
Few others
Is there a chart or do you know which characters can be buffer dtilted (I learned it for snake but he might as well fully use it), or jabbed.

Also do you think the infinite on DDD really doesn't work or is it just unreasonably hard??
/might still look into it 7 frames is doable imo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
7 frames is turn around buffer grab (normal CG we have on Falco DK etc etc)

This does NOT work on Dedede. The only time it works on Dedede is when he lands on a slant. If a slant is around and he lands on it, the regrab is usually guaranteed depending on what % and how stale dthrow is.

The other method talked about is too long to regrab someone. Even if they land on a slope, it takes a few frames too many to kick in. This is the pivot boost grab (I don't even know if it reaches far enough to grab, presumably so but I've not tested it extensively). If this works on Dedede, it certainly does not work on other characters, and from a frame perspective I doubt it works on him either. You can disregard that particular regrab method.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
7 frames is turn around buffer grab (normal CG we have on Falco DK etc etc)

This does NOT work on Dedede. The only time it works on Dedede is when he lands on a slant. If a slant is around and he lands on it, the regrab is usually guaranteed depending on what % and how stale dthrow is.

The other method talked about is too long to regrab someone. Even if they land on a slope, it takes a few frames too many to kick in. This is the pivot boost grab (I don't even know if it reaches far enough to grab, presumably so but I've not tested it extensively). If this works on Dedede, it certainly does not work on other characters, and from a frame perspective I doubt it works on him either. You can disregard that particular regrab method.
I thought it was 10 frames for the turn around grab lol but okay O_o

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope. Wario's standing grab is frame 6. Add a frame for turnaround, 7.

The other one involves pivot grab, which grabs later than that.

It's why Buffer turn around Dtilt works, since Dtilt is what frame 5? and they can't even shield it.

Basic thing to remember: turn around grab works and it a guaranteed CG on people. Pivot Boost Grab MIGHT work in some cases, but not noteworthy enough to devote a lot of time into researching. So keep CGing falco like normal and don't question the system.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
The funniest thing ever is when I spam f-tilt 3 times in a row and it works
I don't care if my opponent is bad it's just so funny I love this character lmao

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its like 1 minute 50 seconds I think with the strongest being during a 10-15 second period before it. One of the guides has the exact numbers down to the frame I think tho.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Nope. Wario's standing grab is frame 6. Add a frame for turnaround, 7.

The other one involves pivot grab, which grabs later than that.

It's why Buffer turn around Dtilt works, since Dtilt is what frame 5? and they can't even shield it.

Basic thing to remember: turn around grab works and it a guaranteed CG on people. Pivot Boost Grab MIGHT work in some cases, but not noteworthy enough to devote a lot of time into researching. So keep CGing falco like normal and don't question the system.
If it extends the CG past the current percents it would be worth it...
But I'm still not getting you because brawls buffer system is 10 frames. I'll just trust your numbers :embarrass:

you expect someone to come up with m/h?
LOOOOL

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
What % should I wait until for lights, midweights, and heavies before I attempt to kill with fthrow? I feel that I've been killing with dair too much.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What % should I wait until for lights, midweights, and heavies before I attempt to kill with fthrow? I feel that I've been killing with dair too much.
You should just fthrow them and then put a lot of pressure on them when they're recovering. Whether it's the bike or go out there and fairing them or fishing for uair/waft kills. If you're looking for kills off a fthrow something is wrong. As for dair kills just take em and run with them you shouldn't get too many of those you already know what to use when you want to kill someone.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
LoL okay so then how then tell me how it's done.
if you stick to using fthrow when people are at 110+% you're simply limiting your future killing options

if you want someone to be in a bad position you might as well uthrow, at those percentages the knockback is high enough to give you the time to position yourself for more pressure

also, at a lot of percentages bthrow puts people in better situations than fthrow, fthrow lends itself to be DId downwards for a free ledge grab whereas bthrow doesnt allow such DI

your post was entirely incoherent so i wont go as far as trying to interpret correctly, im just saying how it should be done

also note that nothing is wrong with high% kills with less conventional moves like nair and dair, few MUs actually allow for near-guaranteed early farts or uairs

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
if you stick to using fthrow when people are at 110+% you're simply limiting your future killing options

if you want someone to be in a bad position you might as well uthrow, at those percentages the knockback is high enough to give you the time to position yourself for more pressure

also, at a lot of percentages bthrow puts people in better situations than fthrow, fthrow lends itself to be DId downwards for a free ledge grab whereas bthrow doesnt allow such DI

your post was entirely incoherent so i wont go as far as trying to interpret correctly, im just saying how it should be done

also note that nothing is wrong with high% kills with less conventional moves like nair and dair, few MUs actually allow for near-guaranteed early farts or uairs
If I'm at the ledge and I land I grab why would I bthrow or uthrow? Throw em off stage and harass them when they try to recover. (basically sums up what I was trying to say since you didn't understand my post).

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
there are only so many MUs in which you can effectively harass your opponent's recovery

and most of them are MUs you generally wont ever play
Are you forgetting about Snake, Marth, Diddy, Falco Oli , D3 etc etc etc. I could go on but I think you've done enough yourself.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
ur right AL plz teach meh teh ways of the wario ur so good u win tournaments and money everywhere and your opinion is so respected because you ahve proven urself capable countless times before and your creditbilityhlt is unmatcehs!!!1!!!!

PLEASE BECOME THE GODFATHER OF ALL WARIOS, YOUR WISDOM IS UNPRECEDENTED, YOUR WORDS OF INFINITE PROSPERITY ARE SOOOOO CEWL

YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WARIO METAGAME, TO SMASH, TO WORLD POLITICS SHALL BE LAUDED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS TO COME

YOU ARE OUR LEADER, OUR HERO, OUR SAVIOR, OUR GOD, PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD AND HIS LESSONS OF CIVILITY AND TACT

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
ur right AL plz teach meh teh ways of the wario ur so good u win tournaments and money everywhere and your opinion is so respected because you ahve proven urself capable countless times before and your creditbilityhlt is unmatcehs!!!1!!!!

PLEASE BECOME THE GODFATHER OF ALL WARIOS, YOUR WISDOM IS UNPRECEDENTED, YOUR WORDS OF INFINITE PROSPERITY ARE SOOOOO CEWL

YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WARIO METAGAME, TO SMASH, TO WORLD POLITICS SHALL BE LAUDED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS TO COME

YOU ARE OUR LEADER, OUR HERO, OUR SAVIOR, OUR GOD, PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD AND HIS LESSONS OF CIVILITY AND TACT
Dude, calm down.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

So I take this immature response as you bowing down and conceding to my points. Good job.

Nice immature response back. ~Mic

Tesh

Smash Hero
If you use shift to type more than ONE word, you are just wasting your energy. That finger could help you rage faster under caps lock.

Top Bottom