• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Lord Chair

Smash Master
If you use shift to type more than ONE word, you are just wasting your energy. That finger could help you rage faster under caps lock.
have my babies

So I take this immature response as you bowing down and conceding to my points. Good job get on your knees and suck me dry.
did you really just contemplate the tactful and civilized post you wrote and realized this would be a better one?

o tempora, o mores!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
The little satirical quarrels between Lord Chair & AL are annoying as fk. Shut the fk up and teach me how to Wario ¬_¬

Speaking of which, could you guys provide me some insight on the G&W match up? I have no idea what to do against N-air.... :/ His aerials are harder to beat than MK's or Marth's to me.

Labernash

Smash Lord
If you use shift, that's a pinky not being used for rage. Plus, when you try to reach something far off with your hand that's holding shift, you drop it. Then have to press shift again. Then do that about five times, so you use caps instead. But, Shift means more rage. If you go to the trouble of using shift for rage, it's all the more sincere.

LC and AL (used shift for these) fights are lulzy. Chair is just nuts, and Almost just looks for offense in what he says, although it can be easy. Guys, it's cool. Do what you want, but keep your BJ's private. Recovery punish with Wario is awesome via bite. Other than that, it's the same for any other character to do it.

Kaffei, back out. Stay around and punish his F-air when he does that by accident. It's a great move, but if you AC a D-Air on his way back up off the ground, then, he will have to do something else. And since you AC'd, you can F-Smash! I two stocked a GW in tourney; if he is on the ground, back out. If he's in the air, find those openings in his patterns to deal some damage. Get him to 80%, then camp for a 1:00 waft. As I have said before, tell him he can catch waft in his bucket for free kills.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The little satirical quarrels between Lord Chair & AL are annoying as fk. Shut the fk up and teach me how to Wario ¬_¬

Speaking of which, could you guys provide me some insight on the G&W match up? I have no idea what to do against N-air.... :/ His aerials are harder to beat than MK's or Marth's to me.
I could be wrong but the moves you want to use against nair are fair & up angeled ftilt. You don't want to challenge his bair ever. Vs fair you gotta learn the spacing and get yours out before his because of the slow start up of his fair. You're going to need a lot of patience in this MU it's a pretty difficult MU especially when first learning the MU.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
o okay. Lmao @ the waft bucket comment.
ok so is there a way to edge guard him?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can someone tell me as much info about a fully charged fart. Please and thank you.

:phone:
Starts on frame 10. Super armor starts somewhere on/after frame 5. Deals 42% at the beginning and deals ~24% on the way up. Full Waft comes somewhere between 1:51 and 1:52. Waft charges during match start countdown, whenever Wario appears on the screen.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've been playing a lot more Wario lately and watching more Wario videos, and I've got some questions for you fellas. He's still a relatively new secondary to me, so I'm still working things out:

-What kind of followups do you like after dthrow? I like how it's similar to Bowser's dthrow, which I often follow with ftilt, dair, running upsmash, or Bowser Bomb.

-I see a lot of Warios throwing tires down and upairing the opponent, who's usually shielding the tire on the ground. Why don't Warios go for falling Bite instead?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Bite's a really good option. But if it's in the air then uair/fart is always better (dem Glutonny vids).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's everyone's opinion of Bite in general? I used to not use it much because Wario's a sitting duck if you miss, but I've been treating it kind of like Bowser's Klaw.

Also: Reflex, I noticed when you played your bro a few months back (the G&G tournament), you grab released Popo when you grabbed him on the ledge instead of fthrowing him and followed it with some fairs to gimp him. Is this an ICs only thing? I just haven't seen it before.

And also: Why do most Warios rarely--if ever--pummel?

BPx

Smash Lord
Bite is best used as a conditioner imo, make your opponent stop spot dodging and sitting in shield, then punish hard later. Its also really great for starting low % combos.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bite: The best Shampoo your hair will ever see

Labernash

Smash Lord
Use bite if the enemy is getting too aggro. I sometimes just open my mouth and people run right in. Not to mention, DAT GARLIC!!!

If pummel, you ground release them. Bad place. If I grab them and they're off stage, I pummel, so they ground release into the air, as in, the fly down instead of up. Dojo style.

DMG made a funny!!! Yessss

I'm adorable in hoodies.

Labernash

Smash Lord
If only @ MK/Marth :(
I eat Yoshi's Dash Attack all the time! And if the Snake is bad, his dash attack too. I ALWAYS try and bite D3. He llooks so funny when Wario noms on him!

Edit: Or you mean, we can't do it to MK and Marth? Then, yes. =(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Also: Reflex, I noticed when you played your bro a few months back (the G&G tournament), you grab released Popo when you grabbed him on the ledge instead of fthrowing him and followed it with some fairs to gimp him. Is this an ICs only thing? I just haven't seen it before.

And also: Why do most Warios rarely--if ever--pummel?
I find that it's good against characters with bad horizontal aerial mobility. Otherwise, you F-Throw them high, and they have more space and time to ready themselves against danger.

I almost always try to pummel at least once. People worry about not getting the throw off afterward, I suppose.

BPx

Smash Lord
I've just recently started putting myself in the habit of pummeling, I think most people(or at least me) don't make the good habit of pummeling when they start playing, and its not something that will drastically affect their game. Small things, I guess.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bowser's just gotten me used to getting my pummels in. Every bit counts!

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I eat Yoshi's Dash Attack all the time! And if the Snake is bad, his dash attack too. I ALWAYS try and bite D3. He llooks so funny when Wario noms on him!

Edit: Or you mean, we can't do it to MK and Marth? Then, yes. =(
stupid swords D:<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've come to realize this, but the input is a very small thing, and hardly visibly affects the game; that's what I meant. Could you elaborate on why they are so important?
You'll probably get multiple grabs throughout the match; even throughout the stock. You can get more pummels at higher percents, so that's even more damage. Also, every time you can get at least one pummel off, it frees up another diminishing returns spot, so that could be the difference between your U-Air or F-Smash KO'ing or not.

While this isn't as much of a factor, having to mash can fluster certain people, too, so, sometimes, people won't mash, meaning that you get even more damage per grab. Think about how much damage Dedede gets off of a B-Throw. Pummel a couple times and F-Throw--You'll deal just as much.

BPx

Smash Lord
Whats your rule of thumb for pummeling, you said one pummel all the time, when do you start going for more, etc... Also, how did you get so good at mashing, can your style even be pulled off sitting down? Very envious... :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The secret is to already be mashing as you get grabbed. It's easier to mash after you make a mistake that probably will lead to a grab, than visually confirm you got grabbed and THEN go panic mode.

Whether to pummel or not depends on the player and the % they are at. I don't pummel players that mash/get out quick. However, certain players "don't care" or are more focused on DI/other aspects after the throw that they don't mash out. These people you can pummel 1-2 times even at low %.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, what DMG said. Like if I played Reflex, I wouldn't even think about pummeling him until he's at like 400%.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The secret is to already be mashing as you get grabbed. It's easier to mash after you make a mistake that probably will lead to a grab, than visually confirm you got grabbed and THEN go panic mode.
100%, this. Get used to realizing when you've made a mistake that will probably get you grabbed. If you are at high percent, in the moment where you would potentially get punished, hold the Control Stick in the direction where you would DI the KO move most likely to be used. And...that's it.

As for mashing, rotating the left stick is obviously the most effective thing you can do with your left hand, outside of changing your Taunt buttons and holding it weirdly.

The important part, though, is my right hand. I place my thumb over all four face buttons at an 8-o'-clock direction and rapidly shake my forearm. It is much faster than moving your thumb or wrist, but it is actually physically exerting, so it takes some getting used to.

Whether to pummel or not depends on the player and the % they are at. I don't pummel players that mash/get out quick. However, certain players "don't care" or are more focused on DI/other aspects after the throw that they don't mash out. These people you can pummel 1-2 times even at low %.
Try to feel out the opponent's habits on your first one or two grabs or Bites by listening to their mashing (or lack thereof). Are they making a lot of noise? Are they moving around a lot? With a general understanding of how many inputs it takes to break out at different percentages, you should be able to gain a rough estimate of how many pummels are safe to do.

Labernash

Smash Lord
The secret to Reflex's mashing is revealed. Wario's are now going to be the fastest mashers.

Top Bottom