• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

B.Mack

Smash Ace
it's more risky than it's worth because wafting too early means that you lose your fart that you've been saving and wafting too late means that Falco can shield in time. if you can correctly identify that instant when you pop out of the move then you can land 100% guaranteed farts that way.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah SDI is pretty ****, you can SDI out of MK's Ftilt if you have fast reflexes, and fart on him (if he completes the 3 hit combo).

Lord Chair

Smash Master
It's a matter of confidence really.

If you think you can successfully do that, then do it. Sometimes you just know you're able to do it, just remember the times when you just know Snake is gonna ftilt you and you DI the first hit behind him, or when you land uairs because you superSDI Falco's oh so predictable jab, might as well have been farts.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I was wondering today as I was watching Judge vs Tyrant, about Wario edgeguarding MK. Tyrant hung on the ledge, Fairing and Uairing to his heart's content. Judge threw out a few Ftilts, but Tyrant really saw those coming and rarely got hit. Are there any of Wario's moves that can hit MK while he is planking like this? Does Waft go through the level just enough? I landed a Waft on Nerd in our Smashville game at LOST 3 through the level, but it may have been a fluke.

Another think I was thinking about was getting tires if MK decides to plank. If MK is biding his time on the ledge, would biking away to the other side of the level, crashing and breaking the bike be a sound idea? You would give up a good deal of stage control, but the best you can hope for is a stalemate when MK is planking. If you "Cold Shoulder" MK, just turn your back and drive away, it will take a while for him to get to you (if he decides to all out run at you, which he may not do if he's trying to plank), and you get a tire or two out of the deal.

What if MK continues to plank? This doesn't sound probable, but it would be awesome to pull out the bike, break it, juggle the tires, pull out another bike, break it, wash rinse repeat. How awesome would it be to have like 6 tires being juggled while MK is just watching? That would be so awesome! Someone should invent a 6 tire combo against MK (Reflex I'm lookin at you bro).

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
everytime mk planks i just use that time for, going to the other side of the stage, pulling out my bike, destroy it, taking the tires, going back and **** him

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Unless MK is planking to plank, going to the other side of the stage just to gain tire control is kinda one of the things he would consider a successful result of his planking: he gains massive stage control.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
That's true, but would it be worth it if you can potentially get a tire out of the deal? It's definitely a give and take, and you would have to make something happen with that tire. It wouldn't be worth it if you just threw the tire directly at him and he blocked it, but would it be worth it if you got 1 Fthrow out of the deal and avoided damage from Uairs, Fairs and Tornado?

Asa

Smash Hero
i wouldn't give up stage control for a less-than-stellar projectile

just wait at a safe distance near the ledge and charge your fart

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Wario's hurtbox just shrinks slightly and the attack probabl got hitlag because it hit the bike. regardless of the animation, the bike spawns in on frame 1 so yeah...

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Whoa what hit was it exactly Masky? Like which character's which directional aerial.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
It was a one-hit aerial, not a multihit move like falco's fair. It might have been fox's uair. Don't remember.

And it's actually a useful technique. I actually did it on purpose in that situation knowing I would avoid the hit. I do it all the time but this is the first time that I saw Wario blatantly freeze and take hitlag but not get hit, usually they just hit the bike or taking out the bike shifts Wario's position so he gets out of the way. It just takes a quick reaction or prediction. Other Wario players should start abusing it, afaik I'm the only one that does
I've started using it against lucario when they try to catch your landing with aura sphere. I just need to make it more of a habit though in general.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Less than stellar?! :O tires are pretty stellar if used right!
Naners > Pit's arrow > Tires > Falcos lazar and so on. Yes. IMO of course. I agree with Mr. Pwn, tires are handy. But, the people I play alot don't know to be afraid of them and walk through a wall I built with rubber. They always just break em.

Is it possible that Wario surpasses MK one day, considering all the progression Wario has seen recently?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Naners > Pit's arrow > Tires > Falcos lazar and so on. Yes. IMO of course. I agree with Mr. Pwn, tires are handy. But, the people I play alot don't know to be afraid of them and walk through a wall I built with rubber. They always just break em.

Is it possible that Wario surpasses MK one day, considering all the progression Wario has seen recently?
Naw. For him to surpass MK, you would need a guaranteed setup on him involving something like footstool into weak Nair into full Fsmash.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
What AT.

Seriously Wario's metagame progression has been way mediocre. The first thing people need to do is incorporate stuff that is actually already known.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Does anyone have a list at all of the characters we can regrab on slanted ground? I know only of a couple characters that we can't normally chaingrab like D3 and Samus, but are there any others? I figured it'd be more useful to know so it'd benefit if we could get a guarunteed regrab on specific stages, and perhaps people would bait for grabs more often on those stages. I can't even think of all the stages it could be used on from the top of my head.

I know it'd be helpful on: Halberd, Delphino, a specific change on Pictochat...
Maybe Yoshi's, but I'm not sure.

It's situational, but I'm sure it'd still be helpful.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Does anyone have a list at all of the characters we can regrab on slanted ground? I know only of a couple characters that we can't normally chaingrab like D3 and Samus, but are there any others? I figured it'd be more useful to know so it'd benefit if we could get a guarunteed regrab on specific stages, and perhaps people would bait for grabs more often on those stages. I can't even think of all the stages it could be used on from the top of my head.

I know it'd be helpful on: Halberd, Delphino, a specific change on Pictochat...
Maybe Yoshi's, but I'm not sure.

It's situational, but I'm sure it'd still be helpful.
MK at certain %'s

Snake

Falco

DK

Bowser

Ganon

CF

Turn around Dtilt works on Diddy, G&W, Olimar, ZSS, Lucario, and IIRC Marth. Maybe works on a few other characters, dunno didn't test everyone back in the day.

Certain characters you get a full blown CG on them if you have two slants nearby. Snake and Dedede in particular get ***** when it comes to areas like Frigate, PS1, Greenhill Zone, Pipes, and potentially RC.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I think Wario could definitely surpass MK... if Wario players became 100% accurate with farts. that's simply it. if you can guarantee that you'll cut down MK's health bar to somewhere between 45% - 90% every time... that's pretty ****

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
everyones talking so easily about the mk mu
at the end the result is random :x

btw. i decided now to take falco as a second, im depressed in losing the whole time against ****ty ddds

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
MK at certain %'s

Snake

Falco

DK

Bowser

Ganon

CF

Turn around Dtilt works on Diddy, G&W, Olimar, ZSS, Lucario, and IIRC Marth. Maybe works on a few other characters, dunno didn't test everyone back in the day.

Certain characters you get a full blown CG on them if you have two slants nearby. Snake and Dedede in particular get ***** when it comes to areas like Frigate, PS1, Greenhill Zone, Pipes, and potentially RC.
I'm actually a bit surprised by that list (in a good way). I'll need to keep slants in mind for the future. Didn't expect to see MK up there but it makes sense.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Everyone is talking so positively about the MK MU that now I feel stupid asking questions on it. but regardless, here it goes.

1. What do I do about their walls. Not fair walls, I simply airdodge at the right time and grab it (ally taught me that one), but of nairs to dtilts, or nairs to ftilt.

2. Like I seriously hate it how Mks can throw moves and one of them will hit. how do I deal with MK's priority?

3. What are some effective ways to get the bike out aside from ledge crashing. I don't want to risk screwing up and getting gimped. I also try to double jump away form the stage and then bike and jump but then MK gets such a free upB or follow up

4. Do I wait on MKs to make a mistake? If yes, what do I do if they are the ones waiting for me to **** up?

Now for some olimar questions.

I don't uair their shield anymore, and I get some grabs a lot. BUT I don't know how to deal with olis under a platform and olis that pivot grab all day. The pivot grab beats out all my approaches while also covering my bite and fastfall grabs. I also learned no ftilts against olimars unless i know i'll hit it, free grab...

ALSO, tires and bike aren't as effective because pikmin stop them in their tracks while also getting to me and sneaking in percentage.

Then, if I nair their shield i get usmashed!

What do i do in that MU?

femmetriforce

Smash Apprentice
Get ***** Olimar in the air, bait them with fake claps when they use the whistle to fart, tires here are a blessing since they get rid of Pikmin, fully landed bair is not a bad idea here to get him oos, I hvae some videos against the hell of Olimar that is Tkila, that is very known in USA, and went to a MLG, you should check them =D

Top Bottom