• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
D-Smash clanks with just about EVERYTHING. So useful.

Does anyone else use it at the edge of the stage, so you fall off immediately if the opponent shields? Really nice option to keep in mind.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
noez there must be a way to handle it even in bracketresult-depressed mode :(
Air dodge a lot more. Make use of Jab and F-Tilt. Use Bite and B-Air a little more than usual when he falls from the sky. If you feel the need to get close, at least make potential retaliation minimal. His ground game can potentially KO early, but does not cause much damage overall.

Doing these things may not be the formula for an easy victory, but it should allow you to be angry and still function decently.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
thx for help reflex, and when he is spamming bairwalling or nair **** the whole time? how do i get through?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
thx for help reflex, and when he is spamming bairwalling or nair **** the whole time? how do i get through?
SDI through B-Air, so it does little damage. At times, you can even punish with an aerial immediately afterward.

N-Air is more complicated. You can B-Air his legs or airdodge through. He doesn\'t get much off of it if he does it right before he lands, so try to come to him when he\'s falling and close to the ground.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
SH fair (as well as bair, but fair is more flexible) beats SH nair. His SH nair is really his best and ONLY effective wall in this matchup, and it's really good. It's your job to make him think twice before doing so, simple fairs do this rather effectively.

Thing is, strong fair (at lower percent) or weak fair (at higher percent) is a really powerful setup into grab, G&W has to care about not getting hit all the time just because he overcommits to nairing.

Really, what you really have to worry about is G&Ws who know they can get away with just randomly spamming usmash.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Watch out for sweet spotted Dsmash. You go flying up. Hey, if on your way up from a hit and used Bike, would you not star KO, or would it take your bike with you, or drop it, or stop you from flying, gives you Wario-Man?

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
can someone link me a video where a good wario plays against a strong kriby and wins?
i havent found one on the video thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does anyone know exactly how long it takes for Wario to be able to create another bike?

When you break a bike on stage, does the timer start as soon as tires appear, or when the other parts disappear?

What are the mechanics behind the super armor Wario has when he is riding the bike?

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
you can bike through that ****ty ice move (i think its down b) from the ics for example

about dissapearing bike and bla
it takes 4 seconds not more not less, the counter starts everytime the bike dissapeared from the stage (you dont have to care about the tires)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Someone could make a list of moves you can bike through but none of us cba.

Examples include a lot of projectiles as well as multi-hit moves like G&W's bair.

Reminds me, it has to be 3% cause it doesn't beat his nair.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Whoa that's awesome :O Yeah I know for sure the armor frames on the bike go through Bowser's Fire Breath, does anyone know how much damage MK's jab does? Maybe we can go through that, too.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't risk that; The startup on the bike might give MK enough time to shuttle when you get there.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
general do not attack mk with the riding the bike (im a bad example cuz im doing it xD) because he will oos nair you

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If Meta Knight is jabbing, and you're close enough to retaliate, you may as well F-Air or F-Tilt.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
If he's jabbing you can do funnier things.

Note that you can't really bike his aerials or ftilt because at least one of the hits of those moves does 4%.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I'm talking about if you're in the middle of getting jabbed. Obviously if he's jabbing in place in front of you, he's at your theoretical mercy.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
If you try to pull the bike in the middle of getting jabbed, I'm not sure it would work because there is no hitbox until it starts moving. I didn't test, but I'd think the jab would just freeze the bike in place till it broke.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ask him haha, I remember him saying that the Pictochat match was his favorite.

Top Bottom