• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Wario vs MK: 55-45

vs Snake: 50-50 (being discussed atm)

vs D3: Fom 55-45 to 65-35 depending on stage. Ban FD.

vs Falco: 50-50

All these are off the top of my head.
Actually those numbers aren't too bad. 45-55 against MK, 50-50 on Falco, and a stage dependent 40-60ish average against D3 sound pretty reasonable to me; certainly a lot better than Link's 25-75 on MK and D3 and 20-80 on Falco, haha. I might just pick Wario back up as a secondary; he was always too awesome to not at least use him in friendlies every now and then, haha.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
We'll teach you everything we know! A good way to learn for starters is to watch other Wario players in action! Check out the video thread, every Wario player has a different style, so you can learn something from everyone! :)

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
a question to all of you and your regions

is pokemon stadium 2 a allowed cp on tournaments at you?

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Well S!C, i'm not 100% on this but as far as i know PS2 is only a CP in Germany and Finland, so enjoy/hate it man.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
In america its a cp for many large/small tournaments. TOs agreed on an official stage list for the most part.

Battlefield-DONE
Battleship Halberd 0
Brinstar -DONE
Castle Siege -1/2
Delfino Plaza -DONE
Final Destination -DONE
Lylat Cruise -DONE
Pokemon Stadium 1 0
Pokémon Stadium 2 0
Frigate Orpheon -DONE
Picto Chat -1/2
Rainbow Cruise -DONE
Smashville -DONE
Yoshi's Island-DONE

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
In america its a cp for many large/small tournaments. TOs agreed on an official stage list for the most part.

Battlefield
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon
Picto Chat
Rainbow Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
I approve. That is much better than the average European crap with like only 5-6 stages D:

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Personally I like to only play on neutrals. What's so great about counterpick stages like RBC and PS2? Errrrrrrr well they look cool, that's about it. Playing on them is a ***** lol (but it's good to practice on em, just in case you have to play them in tournament).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Personally I like to only play on neutrals. What's so great about counterpick stages like RBC and PS2? Errrrrrrr well they look cool, that's about it. Playing on them is a ***** lol (but it's good to practice on em, just in case you have to play them in tournament).
Some characters have trouble moving around as safely/quickly as Wario on such stages, and it allows him to maximize his mobility advantage in those cases.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
True true, maybe I should be more open minded about counter picking stages.

Nahhhh, Battlefield/Smashville for life.... occasionally FD.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol that gets soooo boring. I CP for fun not advantage <3 :)

Btw no one ever answered my question(s)

What are the pros/cons of delphino plaza for wario?
Is there a stage discussion thread for the wario boards?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
are you ****ting me, pictochat is a cp at you? xDD thats totally random
Lol pictochat da bess. Its randomness makes the ganon mk mu 90:10 ganons favor :troll:

I love it for wario though, all the other distractions make for some nice extra pressure for wario's opponent making it easier for wario to **** them.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ummm I always play neutrals only, and I can safely say that I haven't been bored at all, ever. Probably because on neutrals, it's easier to keep tires under control xD lots of cp stages have slants and weird things.

As for Delfino for Wario.... hmmm I have a bit of experience there but not too much. I do know that when Wario rides his bike, he falls through the water like nothing's there! The platforms are all at good heights, the worst parts would probably be the walls and walkoffs against chaingrabby characters.

SAX

Smash Ace
So... do any of you guys know any of the people in the Smash Lab or anyone who knows how to use PSA or something?

We really need someone to look into the (pseudo?) invincibility that side-b provides. At a tournament on Saturday, the opponent went under the stage to stagespike me, but I pulled out the bike. The game paused for a few moments as I got hit (it was a direct hit to Wario) and Wario flashed white and I got the bike invincibility as I got hit by their bair, saving me from being stagespiked. And on top of it, the bike did damage to the opponent too, lol

I also did it AGAIN in a friendly yesterday against Snake's uair or bair or something I think
This happened to me tonight!
I was supposed to do a bite reverse but I pulled out the bike as my friend haired me with snake and it hit him and i continued on the bike.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
This happened to me tonight!
I was supposed to do a bite reverse but I pulled out the bike as my friend haired me with snake and it hit him and i continued on the bike.
ya i read masky's post b4 that happened. And i was like "ohhhhhhhh" Its pretty dam legit if you can gain knowledge of the timing for it to happen.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
how come it seems that lots of wario players dont have the mentality of 'camp the whole game, get chip damage, time the opponent out' anymore?

isnt that still the best way for wario to be played?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
My goal when I play is to have as much fun as possible, which is why I have my particular style. The refusal of prolonged camping has been made!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
55:45 or 6:4 Wario. Just a small edge for him.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So... do any of you guys know any of the people in the Smash Lab or anyone who knows how to use PSA or something?

We really need someone to look into the (pseudo?) invincibility that side-b provides. At a tournament on Saturday, the opponent went under the stage to stagespike me, but I pulled out the bike. The game paused for a few moments as I got hit (it was a direct hit to Wario) and Wario flashed white and I got the bike invincibility as I got hit by their bair, saving me from being stagespiked. And on top of it, the bike did damage to the opponent too, lol

I also did it AGAIN in a friendly yesterday against Snake's uair or bair or something I think
You need some help with PSA/OSA?

I can help you with that, my aim is phi1ny3 if you need anything.

Also, shoutouts to Pwneroni and Masky, <3 you guys

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
pretty noob question but what are main uses/applications of warios nair in the mk matchup, i know its auseful move im just curious how to use it in that specific matchup

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's overall bad in that MU. There is enough downtime from the first hit to the second hit for MK to Nair OOS everytime even when spaced well. Second hit also is shield grabbed easily, and because the hitbox is primarily horizontal it's hard to compete against MK's obvious horizontal spacing superiority. I don't use it that much unless they are at that 50-65ish % range where weak Nair combos into Fsmash every time. Too early, and they Dsmash/hit you after second hit anyways. Too late, and you just get a weak Nair hit no setup afterwards.

I would sporadically use Nair, and would use his other aerials a lot more. The one exception maybe being Nair OOS over other aerials after a MK fair that hits your shield. Other moves that hit your shield you have better punishes like Fsmash, Dair, fart, etc

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Since Meta Knight's U-Air is out for such a short time and Wario's falls rather quickly during a fastfall (meaning he'll try to space it well for fear of getting D-Air'd/Wafted), you can try to avoid a juggle by using N-Air, because it shifts your body upward during the animation due to flattening.

It's not something you want to try every time you're falling while above Meta Knight, as it's nothing but a mix-up, but it should help.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I use Nair all the time against MK! It's really great because it can lead into combos, comes out really quick and has a good lasting hitbox! Can shorthop fadeaway Nair as a safe shield poke, my matches on the video page should illustrate some cool ways to use Nair. Sure sometimes I get punished, did anyone say it's perfectly safe? My idea is to do as much or more damage as they do to me, so it evens out that way xD

BPx

Smash Lord
It looks like I'm going to be teaming with an Olimar this weekend for a tourney in MN. Does anyone have any exp with this combination? It seems pretty mediocre, but theres a way to make most combinations work. I'm having a tough time thinking of the synergy though. Any help would be appreciated :D

BPx

Smash Lord
Yeah... was pretty much thinking the same thing, unfortunately. He never plays MK, and my pocket MK is pretty bad (compared to my Wario).

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Hmmm... I've never teamed with an Olimar seriously. I bet Wario's Uair would be great for saving him while recovering, just be careful because it's really quite laggy in the air and YOU may be killed trying to save him. I think maybe having a tire in your hand would be beneficial, since it will give you some range to work with and you will kill his pikmin less than if you just jumped in and hit.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
What'd y'all think about this combo I invented today? It's fricken awesome!

Uthrow tire -> Grab to Dthrow -> tire comes down and hits opponent -> Jump Instant Dthrow tire -> Instant Fthrow tire -> Fsmash

Top Bottom