• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA - *Road To Apex* 103 Entrants GA's largest tournament! NickRiddle needs 2 mm me!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
It was supposed to be a bunch of teams from around the area come to play competitively, but it was only 2 other teams full of frat guys who hardly knew how to play (e.g. the equivelant of locals who think they are good at smash).

WABA has table tennis, don't you know?
I know it used to have a store right next to it with a bunch of people playing it, but I doubted it still existed.

And I thought the WABA stored like closed down or something and you guys were just using the name as a continuation of the series...? No?

Did I miss any melee at this tournament by the way? A few setups for that?

Also, while I'm asking a series of smash related questions, is it possible to use a gamecube-like controller for the new nintendo system thing?

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I really had a great experience and time at Waba! It was awesome seeing so many people I haven't seen in a super long time. Although I was hoping I would've played at least 1 match with some top players before I left. :p

AwakenedM

Smash Rookie
NNID
Awakened-M
Shoutouts to:
8bit and stingers! :) I enjoyed getting wrecked by the surprise double ROB team. It was a pleasure meeting you guys.

Fernando! Thanks for the friendlies. The tournament was awesome, but quite exhausting. :D It was nice meeting you! We shall meet again.

Goof/Güf! Your Peach is RATCHET! Zelda did not appreciate getting her weave snatched. :) Lol thanks for the fun matches. I'm glad we got to meet and play.

BlindSpot! I'm going to make it short and sweet: CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER! >:| lol

Stockfield! I wish we got to play. :p I did enjoy watching your matches though. Hope to see you again at APEX... *cough* if I go *cough*

Spade! My salty brother! You did an awesome job. I'll get better I promise. :p Wii U in less than a week !!

Congratulations ESAM!

Thank you DRN and Player-1! WABA was incredible! I shall never forget this experience. I hope I see you guys again soon. :)

I'm missing a lot more, but wonderful matches everybody!

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yooooo!!! Soooo fun! This tournament was hype and I was happy to play everyone. Still pretty exhausted from the tournament still lol. But good games to everyone I played against!

Denti

Smash Master
....Denti... LOOOK HOW FAR YOU CAME FROM LOSERS BRACKET TO **** EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing comeback from losers brackets. God like performance :D
Good job on placing so high Nick!
<3

Thanks dakpoo!

All that practice vs your ZSS came in super handy at this.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Uploading all livestream bracket matches right now.
Any other matches might trickle in throughout the rest of the week, but it's low priority.

I'll try to find the money matches and doubles matches.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
First of all, AMAZING tournament guys. Best one I have ever been to (not performance-wise by me though).

I would do shoutouts, but there are so many people I would end up forgetting someone. I'll just do the ones that come to mind first.

Cam: Thank you so much for helping to make this tournament awesome. You are really good at getting things done, and done properly usually. Dat Father John status makes you a leader when it comes to setting standards for smash. You are awesome. Still wish you woulda entered the tourney.

Blue: Basically everything I said to John applies to you as well. You have come so far since your first tourney not too long ago. Keep practicing. Never give up. Trust your instincts (wait, that was to Fox, my bad).

Dyno: WE WILL TEAM. SOMETIME. And good seeing you again even though we never played each other.

Shaky: OH MY GOD I want to pick up Ness again. You are too good.

4GOD: I'm afraid of you.

LionArmor: Good playing with you. I love the Fox matchup.

Seibrik: Good games, buddy. I'm glad to say that I've officially played you now. Another matchup I love is Wario :D I like your bike strategy (from a winning perspective, not a "fun to play against strategy).

Reflex: You are hands down my favorite smasher and favorite personality of AL smash. When someone says take me to your leader I point to you. Oh, and play better next time...not that this tourney wasn't super stacked or anything, but I know you must've been exhausted.

Kismet: y u no sho, bro...

NETO: Good seeing you again!

Player-1: 2good. I love watching that Diddy play. Maybe someday I'll learn the matchup a little better lol. I'm gonna get you eventually.

ESAM: You are broken. I will continually disagree with you on the Marth-Pika matchup [being even] though.

Blindspot: Just refer to what AwakenedM said. Also, I always enjoy going to tournaments with you. It wouldn't have been the same without. If you stick with a character and learn their matchups, then you can FINALLY start trying to read your opponent for once.

AwakenedM: WII U OMG yes. Also, dead animals D: It was awesome hanging out with you again, and you should really come to the smashfests at PoPe's house more.

Ryker: <3 u bro. And you're getting me back into melee lol. Your falco is legit. Hope to see you REEEEEAL soon (before he DIED).

BBQ: Fun stuff, really. I very much enjoyed our matches! You're so good haha.

P.S. Does anybody have a link to the black Marth texture that was used at (I believe) setup 9 or 10? (It was the setup 2 to the right of the livestream iirc.) It has a yin-yang on the cape and it's red/black. I would like to download that.

Overall this was one of, if not the best tournaments I've ever been to. It was a 24 hour day WELL spent for me. Still gotta learn some matchups, and regardless of how much experience I gained, I found some weaknesses in my knowledge and habits in my tournament performance.

GGs all!

Mampam

Smash Ace
my boy trump.... vs ally..... nuff said...

well, also shoutouts to all of my fellow floridians, especially those who outplaced me

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Welp guess I'll make shout outs now. This was my first tourney in a year coming out of retirement and im glad I decided to go to this last minute, was definitely worth it.

DRN: ty for the housing man. our mm was fun, hope to play ya again sometime.

4god: finally got to meet another ddd main :bee: Was good warming up with ya

p1: close set we had during pools. I want a rematch sometime soon :cool:

biglou: By far one of the most intense sets ive had of all time during my time playing smash. I learned a lot in the MU playing you and it just made coming up to georgia all that much better. I can't wait to see ya again if you do decide to show up to a FL tourney in the future.

p3: fun set.

Seibs: thx for insight against diddy, ill keep working on it ;)

Tampa: Was fun seeing all of you guys again. Playing trump the night b4 helped out a bunch, ty for that man =]. Ed too chill like always and yele: 2 Chaaainzzzzzzzzz XD

ryo: Really wish our set couldve been later on in bracket, but guess thats how the cookie crumbles. You did well man :)

2link: good to cya again, keep at it with peach

mink: cgs w/ 5th on teams. Im gonna try my best to show up to your tourney

pwii: good set. Hopefully we can get a rematch sometime.

Stingers: Your a little ***** for not wanting to MM after you said you would go ahead and do so on AiB considering "you've never lost to a ddd" XD lol but we really should've played like we said we would in the past,atleast friendlies if you didnt want that, wasted a good opportunity.

Might add on to this list later, but if I saw you and we chilled and whatnot shoutouts to you, you know who u are ;)

My goal for this tourney was top 8 from the beginning, placed one spot away from that, a bit of bummer but oh well. I'm content with my placing considering i got less than 2hrs of sleep and not being able to eat anything since my ride didn't want to stop at an atm so that I could buy food :glare: GGz every1, this was probably enough to make me come out of retirement

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I have time now so shoutouts!

1. [FBC] Esam - Cool seeing you again, good job winning, your commentary is always entertaining.
2. Ally - I forgot to bring bomberman blast : (
3. Denti - Good **** at this and exposing florida's lack of olimar exp on stream, make us all proud.
4. Seibrik - Teach me the DDD MU plz
5. Nick Riddle - PJ has a target on you now, watchout
5. Pwii - you made the 30+ hours of having to be in a car fairly entertaining, and good job at this, you will def do better next time.
7. Shaky - Hi Shaky!
9. Player-1 - Thank you for running this and trying to get us housing with alabama, everyone was just too tired unfortunately, but personally I didn't mind where we had to stay at all, only sleep I got all weekend.
9. MJG - Thanks for the money in random character MMs
9. Ryo - You're so funny to watch when you're commenting on the match, wish I got to play more than one game with you. Next time.
13. Shadow1pj - The pinnacle of projectile placement, ****ing went in on 4God. Also made the car ride entertaining, some pretty gay moments tho.
17. Sync - Ty for getting the carpool to go even after all the complications and for driving most of the time and for doing almost everything else involved in keeping smash alive down here, we all love you.
17. DRN - Ty for hosting this, twas lots of fun.
25. [FBC] Ed - You're as entertaining as Ryo, always a pleasure.
25. mampam - So we finally meet. Fakku + Oppai tags too strong.
25. Kyon - Dude, playing you in peach dittos was the best thing I did at this tourney, it was so much fun, then I scrubbed out in our tourney set : ( I hope to play you again someday.
25. DJ Jack - Nice to meet you and fun times doing commentary together.
33. killik - We made it out of pools, we didn't let the fire nation down, we will have our moment someday.
33. Player-3 - **** you, I wanted that slumber party.
33. Zano - urbad
33. Fernando - fun friendlies, sorry I don't have any mk exp with peach so that didn't do much for you, lol.
49. CJ - Nice to finally meet you, it's always a neat experience when I finally meet someone from the marth boards, wish we got to play more. I want to come out to a florida tourney someday, maybe then.
49. Player-4 - Texas would like a word with your name.
96. Zomb - It was neat watching you play persona, I picked up a few things that I generally don't do that I'll try from now on. /stalking

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Pretty cool for my first GA tourney. Wish I could've stayed longer and gotten more friendlies in. I should see about going to more tournaments.

Shoutout to Stingers for being my first MM ever. I enjoyed it even though I'm basically a random.

FourTy

Smash Cadet
49. Player-4 - Texas would like a word with your name.

Well, on smashboards I don't use Player-4 XD and if ever me and the other Player-4 are in the same tournament, I will use Player_4 instead d:

Player-3

Smash Hero
dewdadash so good at ddd

BUT NOT AS GOOD AS $GOD

sucks i felt so awful the whole day could have done so much better but it was fun while i was there

doc the best

8Bitman

Smash Master
1. [FBC] Esam ($760) Good ****, it's always nice seeing you. You're an inspiration for many smashers bro.

2. Ally ($380) I FINALLY GOT TO MEET YOU!!! It was nice talking to you, and thanks for MMing me!

4. Seibrik($76) I have your cough drops *****.

5. Nick Riddle ($45) Thanks for everything bro, and don't forget, you're kinda the best in the world.

9. Player-1 Good **** on helping run this tourney!

9. Ryo *****!

13. 8Bitman You suck, do better, you need to actually beat good people, but calm down.... It's not that big of a deal...

13. Reflex GG's, i'm happy we played, I have wanted to play your Wario for a few months now.

17. Trump GG's, Your Fox is amazing, I know you're pissed I used Pika to win, but I needed a Secondary for MU's like that. I'm not trying to be a **** at all when I say this, but I feel you should pick up a secondary for MU's like Pika. You're a great player bro.

17. DRN Thank you for helping run this tourney and housing us after the tourney!

25. [FBC] Mink GG's bro! Learn the infinite for R.O.B with ZSS. ^_^

25. Stingers (forfeit) GG's, you're definitely the better player, I can be as technical as I want, it doesn't get me the win. You're a damn smart player. Teams was fun as hell, thanks!

25. DJ Jack Don't worry bro, you had an off day. You're still the smartest Falco I have played.

33. True Blue BUY MY BUTTONS!!!

33. Lad Good **** on coming out to this, I wasn't expecting you!!!

33. Stockfield I wasn't expecting to meet you here. Nice meeting you, cool kid.

Again I just want to thank all of the TO's like P-1, DRN, Cam, etc who helped run this. This was an amazing tourney and it was a great experience for my first OoS tourney! Thank you all! I didn't do too great but now I have initiative to attend more OoS tourneys.

C.J.

Smash Master
1. [FBC] Esam ($760)- Always a please getting my butt kicked =) great job winning + getting 5th in doubles.
2. Ally ($380)- Elliot, so fun seeing you again. I'll stop being inconsistent
5. Nick Riddle ($45)- Marth +1 everyone because perfectly spaced fair and things.
9. Player-1- Thanks for picking us up! LMK when the next decently sized GA tourney is and I'll head up!
9. MJG- Glad I got to meet you =D
9. Ryo- Fishing. Soon. It's happening as soon as I feel like driving 3 hours.
13. 4God- Tink is lame, you did so much better the second game. Always an absolute pleasure to spend time with you =)
13. Reflex- I finally got to meet you!! Glad I did. Next time I'm up I'd love to chill more =)
17. Trump- Hypest set ever vs Ally. We'll work on something about IC/Pika. My car is fixed so I'll be able to come up more often.
17. Mc Pe- hella fun playing you. Never played a wolf before then, always fun to get new MU exp =)
17. GDX- Love you man! Thanks for getting us from the bus station. See you soon!
17. DRN- Chas man, you're awesome. Thanks for everything and super sorry about all the trouble everything was. Hopefully you're feeling back to 100% again. Hopefully we can hang out w/o all the stress if I get up there again =)
25. [FBC] Mink- Miinnkkkk! See you soon!
25. [FBC] Ed- Fun times at Lowe's! Keep positive, you're due =)
25. mampam- you bad
25. Kyon- So many bombs...
33. Gadiel VaStar- You were plaing better by the end of the tourney. Keep up the good work ethic!
33. Player-3- Hope you're feeling better. I'll try to get up to GA again in the near future to visit you guys again =)
33. Ish- Isshheeyyyy!!! Great finally meeting you, even though it was for such a short period of time =( See you at Apex! =D (#yolo)
33. Zano- if you ever get to FL/the south again with more than 2 hours before a tourney, we need to hang out more and do things =)
49. CJ- chokechokechoke
49. B Unit- Bills suck =p
65. Actionb- Good matches! See you at Pizzano's
65. Zeke- Thanks for being awesome and everything!
65. nova- Nice meeting you =)
96. Kman- the best Falcon!

MVD

Smash Master
1. [FBC] Esam ($760) Good ****, it's always nice seeing you. You're an inspiration for many smashers bro.

2. Ally ($380) I FINALLY GOT TO MEET YOU!!! It was nice talking to you, and thanks for MMing me!

4. Seibrik($76) I have your cough drops *****.

5. Nick Riddle ($45) Thanks for everything bro, and don't forget, you're kinda the best in the world.

9. Player-1 Good **** on helping run this tourney!

9. Ryo *****!

13. 8Bitman You suck, do better, you need to actually beat good people, but calm down.... It's not that big of a deal...

13. Reflex GG's, i'm happy we played, I have wanted to play your Wario for a few months now.

17. Trump GG's, Your Fox is amazing, I know you're pissed I used Pika to win, but I needed a Secondary for MU's like that. I'm not trying to be a **** at all when I say this, but I feel you should pick up a secondary for MU's like Pika. You're a great player bro.

17. DRN Thank you for helping run this tourney and housing us after the tourney!

25. [FBC] Mink GG's bro! Learn the infinite for R.O.B with ZSS. ^_^

25. Stingers (forfeit) GG's, you're definitely the better player, I can be as technical as I want, it doesn't get me the win. You're a damn smart player. Teams was fun as hell, thanks!

25. DJ Jack Don't worry bro, you had an off day. You're still the smartest Falco I have played.

33. True Blue BUY MY BUTTONS!!!

33. Lad Good **** on coming out to this, I wasn't expecting you!!!

33. Stockfield I wasn't expecting to meet you here. Nice meeting you, cool kid.

Again I just want to thank all of the TO's like P-1, DRN, Cam, etc who helped run this. This was an amazing tourney and it was a great experience for my first OoS tourney! Thank you all! I didn't do too great but now I have initiative to attend more OoS tourneys.

no shoutout to shaky? ****

:phone:

Shaky

Smash Ace
^ Yeah 8bit, it's not like you sat next to me for 15+ hours last weekend or anything. It's okay though, you're getting 3 stocked next time we play.

Top Bottom