• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'm going to AWA on the 19th, for Brawl teams
Then coming to Waba on the 20th.

**** some Brawl singles at AWA,
DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG YOU'LL WAIT TO PLAY A MATCH?

Last time at AWA, rules were this:

You play the person in line next to you
Single elimination

And it continued in that fashion untill an 8 man bracket was established from the roughly 100+ people who entered.

And I'll be ****ed if HALF the random people I played didn't want to go to Hyrule

Fox = game over

So, given that brawl is a new game... and VERY popular with those who have not been HxC in the melee scene...

Ridiculous wait+ cost of being there+ entry fee+ sketchy rules+ ITS BRAWL =
I'll be at Waba brawl on the 20th.
Also Melee on the 21st. <3

ace_201

Smash Apprentice

Single elimination

And it continued in that fashion untill an 8 man bracket was established from the roughly 100+ people who entered.

And I'll be ****ed if HALF the random people I played didn't want to go to Hyrule

Fox = game over

So, given that brawl is a new game... and VERY popular with those who have not been HxC in the melee scene...

This sounds like a plan. Who wants to team at AWA, and THEN at Waba? Still need a teammate. Preferrably someone who can play the game well. Thanks.

ALSO. Tomorrow is a day off from work. That is Thursday, the 4th. If anyone is interested in coming over here after 12:15 PM (my class ends), I'm up for playing Smash all day. I have one big TV and one Wii. If you want to come over here, contact me on AIM or MSN. I live in Lawrenceville, GA, two minutes down the street from the OLD GPC Lawrenceville. Let me know if you're interested. Willing to play Brawl and Melee, so yea, I'll be bored and home all day. Maybe if people I don't really know come, I'll randomly find a teammate for this event. NEED A TEAMMATE. Everyone else is welcome though. Fullmetal, Desu, PB&J, etc. All the old regulars and whatnot.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

Single elimination

Fox = game over

wishin u luck at teams, and rofl @ paying to play for single elimination + the wait..

SaiRyo

Smash Cadet
Hey ace, I'm available for teams

And fullmetal, they're weeaboos, what were you expecting? I kinda wanna go to AWA cause I heard there was some kof98 and GG up in this *****, though.

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
Hey ace, I'm available for teams

And fullmetal, they're weeaboos, what were you expecting? I kinda wanna go to AWA cause I heard there was some kof98 and GG up in this *****, though.

Hmmm. You play DeDeDe? That's a very promising teammate if you play him well. Beat Tim in a penguin ditto and I'll consider it. LOL. Nah, we'll play before the tourny and see what's up. I'm down for playing whoever you're good with teaming with character wise.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
smash 64 mm @ awa if we can find a tv
byoc / no controller johns
i'll bring my n64

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What is this AWA?
Anime Weekend Atlanta. Google it.

I'm going. If I go in my own car, I'll certainly see about going to Waba if it doesn't coincide with the Brawl tournament at AWA.

Hopefully I don't get screwed out of playing due to stupid, arbitary rules that allow me to get disqualified, like two years ago.

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
ill team with you in brawl teams ace

I'll team with you or Evan at this. He offered today if he doesn't have a different partner or something. You still playin Jiggs in Brawl?

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
Anyone going to AWA on the 19th for Brawl... who wants to carpool and save some gas money? I either want to hitch a ride, or have multiple people who can chip in a couple bux for gas in my car. I've got an Explorer. I can fit 4 more people other than me in the car.

Saltix

Smash Lord
about to google AWA. I'd like to go, but Waba is conveinietly closer.

If I do decide to go to AWA, I'll need a ride (15) :/

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
What is this AWA?
Fail

Anime Weekend Atlanta. Google it.

I'm going. If I go in my own car, I'll certainly see about going to Waba if it doesn't coincide with the Brawl tournament at AWA.

Hopefully I don't get screwed out of playing due to stupid, arbitary rules that allow me to get disqualified, like two years ago.
Teams is on the 19th (Friday @ 9pm)

Singles is on the 20th (Saturday @ 5pm)

So if you go to AWA singles you'll miss Waba.
Which is why I'm skipping saturday AWA for Waba.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
reflex, i recommend you go to saturday awa for massive bank

S0FT

Smash Ace
yeah i do ok with her in teams, i also play a little game and watch and some marth...
What was your name though?

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
Hah. This is JFlo. I actually think I play the perfect partner for Jiggs as shown by Evan yesterday... it made me think, "Hmmm, these would be good on teams." Olimar + Jiggs for the win. Epic grab rests with Olimar's best grabbing range in the game, and you can come out and save me or clear the edge for me while I'm recovering.

SaiRyo

Smash Cadet
Hmmm. You play DeDeDe? That's a very promising teammate if you play him well. Beat Tim in a penguin ditto and I'll consider it. LOL. Nah, we'll play before the tourny and see what's up. I'm down for playing whoever you're good with teaming with character wise.
Yeah, I play dedede most of the time but I've been thinking about using Luigi in teams. I might be out of practice though, my wii's been broken for like two weeks. But Brawl is one of those games that you can pick up and play again after a while anyway.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
AWA is like $70 for teams:

25 for both you and your partner (group sign-up)
Then the Brawl tournament takes 10 each away from you.

Then there's the question of how much money you'll actually win. <_< Oh, and I don't think I found the rules for Barlw at AWA. *checks again to make sure*

So...can you take me to WABA then SleepyK? I think I never got the answer to that.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
well, i was lookin at some vids, and look what i find... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsLO6umj4Os

Green greens still a counter pick? i honestly think it shouldnt be because of this glitch but it is a really good map imo..
I'm pretty sure it still is, but it's a pretty lame stage imo. I don't think anyone other than Ness and Fox CP that stage.

Also, unless there's a definite cause for the glitch, it's difficult to have hard evidence to go against the inclusion of the stage anyway.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm pretty sure it still is, but it's a pretty lame stage imo. I don't think anyone other than Ness and Fox CP that stage.

Also, unless there's a definite cause for the glitch, it's difficult to have hard evidence to go against the inclusion of the stage anyway.
well, it was legal last waba, but waba is ~.~ with their rules.. every other tournament i go to its ' pks1 is a random (along with delfino) or its 'nope not this time' so :/ and like 2 of their wii's dont even have all the stages for random >_<. but i think green greens is alright but what happones if the glitch happones. would u restart the match? keep playing and have that as an obstical? idk..

Saltix

Smash Lord
Oh and speaking of Waba, I missed the last two monthlies. About how many people showed up to the August tourney?

Saltix

Smash Lord
We're finally having more attendance! I believe the July one only had 20 people :/

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
We're finally having more attendance! I believe the July one only had 20 people :/
uh, there were two on July. The first one, no one showed up because of FAST1 in Florida. The tournament after, there were alot of people there again around 30-40.

Saltix

Smash Lord
uh, there were two on July. The first one, no one showed up because of FAST1 in Florida. The tournament after, there were alot of people there again around 30-40.
Whoops. I guess that means I haven't competed since June >__>

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
you should use the time in between monthlies learning melee.

i cant melee for my life, teach me some tricks please :D my main prob is control cuz melee and brawl are too dif. when it comes to control. <--- min reason i dont play melee, i try but i fail :(

Saltix

Smash Lord
you should use the time in between monthlies learning melee.
I spend that time playing Brawl. I'm terrible at melee lol. My 1st Melee tourney, Gerbil 4-stocked me.
I can consistently WD, or anything. :/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I've been playing some Melee. I can wavedash more consistently now. L-canceling is still iffy on stuff like Marth's Fair, but I can L-cancel Dair, and all of Roy's shenanigans.

Overall I think I've become pretty bad.

I'm sticking to that gay floaty game with broken characters. <_<

Saltix

Smash Lord
I've been playing some Melee. I can wavedash more consistently now. L-canceling is still iffy on stuff like Marth's Fair, but I can L-cancel Dair, and all of Roy's shenanigans.

Overall I think I've become pretty bad.

I'm sticking to that gay floaty game with broken characters. <_<
Amen to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom