• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
since masta C's barely on SB, he probably hasn't seen the WA PR thread before or prob ain't seen it since it was WeWA PR, probably got confused when it showed up again as just the WA PR thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
TOURNAMENT THREAD - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294328

*HUSTLE* V! January 29th 2011!
"Getting hussled in melee by Canadians... for the 5th time."

So it's the new year, 2011, and you're thinking, "What is to become of melee this year?", "Which direction will it go?", "What tournaments should I attend?"...
Well, why not brush the holiday dust off your gamecube controller and start your new year of smash with Hustle V!!! This is the 5th tournament in the Hustle series, started in the North West featuring: "Silent Wolf, Eggz, Diakanos, Blunted_Object10, Sion, Dieslow, Hitsugaya, and more!"

HOUSING: Can be arranged, all you need to do is post in the tournament thread asking about it or PM myself or Blunted_Object10 and we will be MORE then happy to ensure that YOU GET HOUSING.

VENUE: IS HUGE! We EASILY have enough space to run a 100 man tournament.

TOURNAMENT FEATURES/LAYOUTS:

-Swiss bracket for pools (more matches for more people instead of having your $10 taken from you in 10 or less matches ;) )

-falcon only and/or low tiers (based on interest in either or both)

-SIONS FALCO!

I could go on but people wouldn't read my post, so I'll just end off by saying that Hustle 5 is going to be one hell of a tournament and you'd be crazy to miss it. I hope to see you here. Money matches all around for people coming from OoS. <3

TOURNAMENT THREAD - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294328

MasterC

Smash Ace
the wa threads where?
yea you right, i went bak and looked and felt stupid lol need to browse these boards more often shiiiiiiiiiiet

since masta C's barely on SB, he probably hasn't seen the WA PR thread before or prob ain't seen it since it was WeWA PR, probably got confused when it showed up again as just the WA PR thread
yea, i remember seein it a while bak but it wasn't this thread... coulda been a LONNNNNG time ago tho lol

LOL he pronounces it like that too
so tru LOL

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
ppa0 / jumpfreak / emo$ needa comeback and start stomping face, truedoogie and the dudes from seattle smash needa make a comeback too, like that RANK 2 Yoshi Mentor that one chick that was legit

MasterC

Smash Ace
ppa0 / jumpfreak / emo$ needa comeback and start stomping face, truedoogie and the dudes from seattle smash needa make a comeback too, like that RANK 2 Yoshi Mentor that one chick that was legit
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm

do you kno any of the dudes from seattle smash? cuz i heard they were mad tight from andy/prime (i think...?) and that'd b dope if they still are around/play

the three you mentioned are still decent tho, i seen ppa0 and emo$ gettin OFF a couple months ago (one random GC) and jumpfreak was doin his thing last weekend xD

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
ya i only met the seattle smash guys once, but i do remember andy, i think he played falco then, also like idk who the RANK 1 dude guy was but i remember RANK 2 was that yoshi chick RANK 3 TrueDoogie = Link Player / RANK 4 was Emo$ / RANK 5 was PPa0 / RANK 5++ was eggz / that **** was tight back then

actually i think i got my RANK mentors wrong idk tho correct me syler / prime / eggz

funny how me an syler met em back then like we went to a Shelton GameCrazy / TourneyPlay event, there were like 50+ peeps there, and i thought me an mike had this, then like we ran into this Ganondorf main his name was Cpt. Obvious aka Andrew aka Drew, but his smooth platform game with ganon made me scared, because after i talked to him he said he trained with jumpfreak an peeps up north, lol my heart dropped to my stomach, but uh i did marth ditto him, had the match, but he had clutch, played against him with my fox, had the match, he made another comeback, then i just started figuring out that like damn, he was just straight up better than me, and well ya thats my little history lesson for yea, syler started going up north more, playing with the seattle smash guys / using me as his test subject to figure out the meta game and all, then he finally got *****, by none other than ppa0, and after a while of those 2 playing togethor, syler got better an better, i suck lol

MasterC

Smash Ace
that's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and yea andy used to main falco (***** *** traitor)

i didn't kno syler/emo$ went bak that far, dudes got mad history lol was eggz messin wit mario at that time or spacies or what?

just curious but yea, melee's legit...

what's good wit SKYPAL these days otto?!? teddy?!?!

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
well ppa0 and emo$ are oldschool smashers, they go back to like 05 i think, syler got into the competitive melee scene around 07 but he watched a lot of smash vids and tried telling me about ken and all that crap, he used to mutter Ka-Masters name sometimes and well i had that noob mentality like, i don't care about that guy, he couldn't beat me, when in fact he'd totally wreck me, as far as skypal goes i dont know anything about them, other than they were like the top dogs back in the hizzo, and that sastopher went up against Ken and did pretty damn good, i mean for going against the top in the world at the time

i remember seeing Emo$ for the first time at one of Seattle smash's little events and i thought he was a total scrub ( no offense Emo, your a cool dude ), but i was a j4kas$ and at the time had a shi77y outlook on people, i thought i'd destroy him, then when i played him, i wasn't beaten that bad but still none the less, he was a lot better than me, first time i ever went against a damn good ganon, i also played one of PPA0's friends his name was Zero or something a dude with eyeglasses, he was pretty good too, i played his fox and he got off on me, i also remember playing ppa0 for the first time, it blew, especially because of how fast ppa0's luigi moves across YOSHI'S island

i guess u could say that I played at one of TourneyPlays first actual tournaments i'm GUESSING, i mean i knew the dude that at least ran the thing before i'm thinking GC guy ran em, not sure on that

correct me if i'm wrong ladies

Syler

Smash Journeyman
yoshi chick was rank 2 or 3, truedoogie was rank 4 and ppa0/emo$ were rank 5, eggz was 5+ which like emo$ said was a myth cuz no one was ever going to beat him from there.

There were only two rank 4's at the end which were jnet, and myself, andy ****ed up or something and never got a reval for rank 4 so he was stuck at 2 or 3. You had to beat the mentor of w/e rank ur getting into 2 out of 3. I do remember ppa0 having an off day once and losing to 2 scrubs one day lol, They had to get re-evaluated later (I say scrubs cuz they were teribad and jnet and I were still 3 stocking them constantly). And eggz is right I thought they were cool at first but later they were annoying especially that ness guy I don't even remember the name of ademisk or something I'm sure andy has hella stories about him. Reminds me of that scrub sagemoon >_> (you can tell him I said that too, I owe that *** an *** kicking). But yeah I guess there were some aight people there.

As for tourneyplay it was a thing started by I believe the guy's name was kevin and he did gamecrazy tournies in the olympia/tacoma regoin/area for gamecrazies. I remember jumpfreak and I had the most overall tourney wins but we both were from completely differnet regions and never played each other in tourney. (There was a point system that was up on the thing too, i'll probably explain the rest of that another time cuz this is going ot be a long post as it is). But yeah that was pretty summer 2007.

I met ppa0 in the middle of that, and went to seattlesmash too and met andy etc. etc. I've barely played with emo and haven't seen or talked to him in a while. And yeah i'll tell the rest of the story another time.

Any more questions?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL thats kinda weird. RAnkings were like pokemon in a sense but ur number was your badge after you beat the gym leader in a 2/3 set haha.

u should just post the rest and andy and eggz should post anything u remember, I like stories.

MasterC

Smash Ace
i remember seeing Emo$ for the first time at one of Seattle smash's little events and i thought he was a total scrub ( no offense Emo, your a cool dude ), but i was a j4kas$ and at the time had a shi77y outlook on people
LMAO i thought the SAME EXACT thing when i first saw dude, he was playin brawl and looked like a *** so i just straight thought of him as a ****/*******/****er lol

then he ***** me n kline in a few sets of melee and i talked to him a bit, def a kool dude

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
emo$ is the smelliest smasher in the world. real talk. ask shane about the skid marks story LOL

and im not talking about skid marks on a road...

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Damn im started to feel like Gimpyfish with this storytime ****

Oh well part 2 I suppose:

I forget to answer ur question earlier master c but yes, eggz had I believe recently changed his main fox at the time. I remember ppa0 telling me this cuz I guess combo status had came down and played/stayed around his place right before summer that year or something like may ish or june. That's when he made his video/ movie pimpido pamurai the movie.

As for Tourneyplay the you had to pay 10 dollars to get in but the splits were bs, cuz they took half of ALL the money so if t here were 10 entrantns. It'd be 100 dollars overall obviously but they'd think 50 bucks and 1st place takes 50 and that was it. I remember they bringing the big lcd (laggy tvs too) don't get me wrong the people were nice, but I think they could have ran the tourney a lot better. (They weren't experienced enough though. And generally there weren't tha tmany people at tournies cept for 1-2 tournies they had a decent turn out. However you did get points for winning tournies. And could use them as free entry. I only did that once never got to use the rest of mine =/.

The cpt. Obvious part comes in where I just got kicked out of my house and moved with the female to tacoma, from olympia the day prior to it. And I learned of this tourney in shelton like 3-4 days before when I was taking my final at the community college down there (some people were talking about smash when I was studying right before it, and I was lik oh **** I play that game, and their like yeah there's a tourney in a few days etc.) Anyways long story short ended up at gamecrazy and there 56 people there. Cpt. Obvious was the only decent person there (only one that could l-cancel and ****) and I didn't know how to do any of that, though I knew about it =/. I ended up winning the tourney cuz of some dumb rules, him and anthony both got 8th (anthony should have made it further but he decided to sandbag like a mofo and go samus.. and then decided not to bomb jump at all when he got knocked off for some reason). * shrugs * Anyways after that cpt. O aka drew and I had a rivalry we played a few matches afterwards and went even. We played a week later and I beat him convincgly, but then he beat me the next day in tourney =/. (Shout out to toph (nah im just ****ing with ya lol) Anyways after that lost I got motivated to get better and I tried to look up better smashers in tac/seattle area and so ppa0's video and found seattlesmash and his number etc. So I hit him up he said come over and that's how we met <3!! He use to 3-4 stock me for the first 4-5 months I played him when he went luigi lol

As for that scrub sagemoon, the reason i hate that mofo is because i met him at sakuracon. We played some friendlies i went falco/luigi to test the waters and we went 2 and 2. And in tourney i was trying to figure out if i wanted to go fox or jiggs, c uz we met in tourney pretty early. Paul told me to go jiggs cuz he always hated playing my jiggs and i was pretty good with him. So i went jiggs and 3 stocked him on fd. Obviously he was pissed and was complaining cuz it was best of 1. The thing that pissed me off was later in the day i remember people asking if he made it to the bracket part and he said no cuz he got screwed and just started making a bunch of **** up about how he ***** me in friendlies and some other ****. I was going to go over there and call him out but i didn't want to make a big *** scene/i didnt know any of the guys he was talking to cept andy (we weren't really friends at the time though lol) but i just knew he knew people of hte competitive scene. Anyways after that i never liked sagemoon and a couple days later he posted some bs thing on smashboards about it.

I was doing really good until the tournament. I beat some guy in friendlies a lot, then at the tournament he counterpicked jiggs on me (best of 1 btw). He was decent but I suck at the jiggs matchup.

Anyways he lost to some bad kirby player.... yeah. Tudios is pretty decent and he was there, so was xander and paul. I dont remember his name, but a guy that plays samus and goes to gameclucks. Jorge was there too. Artiface was there as well. Thats all the players I remember.
And here's the thread if you wanna read more into it http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=79690&page=519

I did however lose to a shiek player in tourney, who lost to teddy the next round lol.

This was sakuracon 2008 that is. And lol at me losing to some kirby player.. i didn't even play a kirby that whole tourney.. smh ****ing scrub

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Syler said:
As for that scrub sagemoon, the reason i hate that mofo is because i met him at sakuracon. We played some friendlies i went falco/luigi to test the waters and we went 2 and 2. And in tourney i was trying to figure out if i wanted to go fox or jiggs, c uz we met in tourney pretty early. Paul told me to go jiggs cuz he always hated playing my jiggs and i was pretty good with him. So i went jiggs and 3 stocked him on fd. Obviously he was pissed and was complaining cuz it was best of 1. The thing that pissed me off was later in the day i remember people asking if he made it to the bracket part and he said no cuz he got screwed and just started making a bunch of **** up about how he ***** me in friendlies and some other ****
LOOOOOOL I REMEMBER THIS! In fact I had been playing smash for about 1 month at that time (ahh... EVERYONE was better than me back then haha, I kinda miss it) and I met sagemoon and I asked if he made it into bracket, cuz I thought he was the **** (I hadn't met anyone else who was "good" at that point really) and he goes "Nah... I lost to some gayass jigglypuff player..." and I was like lol oh.

THAT WAS YOU? haahaha good **** mike

but nah, sagemoon is like... my "trauma inducer" kinda guy in smash... like I still think he would beat me in tournament even though he doesn't even really play melee anymore afaik. Just cuz when I had been playing for 1 month, he was DESTROYING me, chaingrabbing me across FD and ****. I was like damn, you must be that ***** KEN HOANG I heard about on YOUTUBE.

Well, not really. but you get the idea LOL.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
**** I remember when I started smash, you *****s was alot less tight. Coolest ***** there was zemek. haha but for real tho, Im hella glad I started playing smash again this game is amazing and most of WA smash is pretty tight.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I kinda do wish there were more randoms though. Like "Xander". Lol what kinda ***ked up name is that. I would love to play smash with some ***** named Xander.

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
hah ya, mike u should pick up jiggs / marth / ganon again, even tho i know u wanna main falco, go jiggs or ganon again, lol playing 7 - 8 stock matches at my dads place hah good old days

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol at the thought of syler maining puff haha and yea i really wish more ppl showed up to GC just randomly

like last week was tight cuz vista brought a bunch of random ppl and we had a pretty dope 8v8 crew battle/20man bracket but if we hyped that sh*t and all of WA came it'd be TIIIIIIIGHT

too bad GC charges hella for large tournies :/

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yeah vista has a lot of random semi-mediocre-but-almost-beat-SS-in-a-friendly-at-my-apartment-which-is-impressive-cuz-SS-***** asian friends from the fed.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
@toph- yeah i felt the same way with paul like i could never beat him. I finally made it to his lvl then surpassed him then a few months later i moved to oregon, and he pretty much stopped playing too. Now he's rusty and im not rusty but im not in my prime anymore either :(. It's the whole mental thing i guess. Kind of like anthony and me, when anthony is playing good he usually 3-4 stocks bmelo and oreo pretty consistently but he'll always lose to me no matter how bad im playing for w/e reason.
smh

@anthony- yeah idk man i can't control their jump at all so i stopped using marth completely cuz im horrible with him now, all i can do is shieldgrab like a *** and forward smash (shout out to kline) nah im just messin :p
As for jiggs idk just bad with her now, gannon roughly the same i can't l-cancel most of his moves so if i miss an aerial or you shield it, it's like a free combo on me.

@master c- yeah i mained fox/jiggs i usually played fox in tourney if i kind didn't want to try to think of a strat,(pretty much my i just want to win and play without having to think cuz most people suck at this game char) so i would just do the basics upthrow upair, or upthrow upsmash on fastfallers, and laser, and shine spike. Jiggs i'd only play against gay characters, or if i didn't like the person. I tried not to play her too much cuz i know no one liked playing her. Aside from that i'd use marth or gannon most of the time. Oh and sometimes shiek to piss jnet off, cuz that guy john like no other. (hell i'd probably stil main shiek now if people in my group didn't Q_Q about it). But i suck with her now so w/e

Top Bottom