• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol yea idk... sheik, jiggs, and peach are the gayest characters to play against imo but i respect sheiks, not jiggs or peach tho haha

samus is kinda in there too but not as much lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
peach isn't that gay to play against on platform stages lol. and sheik is only gay to play against if she camps the ledge a lot... imo, i guess

i think the spacies beat sheik by a pretty good amount

Syler

Smash Journeyman
@toph- idk how much of a random you could call xander if i remember correctly him and ppa0 were room mates for a while but then had a falling out.

@anthony- do i even wanna know what that post was before you edited it?

@master c- i agree the 3 gayest chars are jiggs, peach, and shiek. Tbh i completely stopped playing jiggs when b-melo started coming over a lot to train and he mained jiggs then switched to fox/falco. As for shiek pretty much it came down to this when i played with the south 80% of the time im either falco/falcon 15% of the time like marth/fox and the last 5% (insert character here). I eventually started using shiek cuz i got hella bored. But it was like jiggs or any other unorthodox character people Q_Q'd about it. There's some other **** that i hold back on (as far as playing) and some other dumb shanigans in the group that i wont get into.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
oh no, I'm not saying Xander is random, I'm just saying, he's some random dude named Xander. like m2k is just some random dude named jason zimmerman. but hes not a random. swype ***** lol what. m2 all day

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
as opposed to somebody who is not randomly named xander or jason zimmerman...

lol wat?

edit: so u just want people with names that are unique or less common? I think saying random ****ed this conversation up lol.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
nah im just saying, it'd be tight to just have hella dudes playing smash.

and, as a side effect of that every now and then you'd run into a smasher named like "RedBattousaiExtreme" and you'd be like... Dam *****. im fighting Red Battousai Extreme, thats ****ing legit

Syler

Smash Journeyman
So are you comin to the next GC, Syler?
Going to come down to money and the ride situation, i could possibly get a ride up there, but if it's going to cost me a bunch of money that isn't necessary to play a game then it isn't worth it to me. I wanna say maybe but i know how flaky the smash community is myself including depending on the situation. So long story short idk LOL

I do miss a bunch of you guys though. Haven't seen most of you in over a year.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
you guys need to stop being drama queens and just play and have fun haha. you aint getting no ***** on that saturday, cmonnnnn

Syler

Smash Journeyman
stop being drama queens is true. But i mostly meant the ride situation and just how dysfunctional/stingy etc. people are in my group. If my car wasn't a pos i'd drive up there myself and collect on the carpool money (unless there wasn't enough then yeah i wouldn't go). But yeah the point still remains the same. I've done it in the past when i shouldn't have (not gc but driven to friends or whoever for smash and just got screwed out of gas/money etc.) happened a lot actually and i just don't see it worth it, unless things change in my group. Im sure anthony feels the same/knows what im talking about. And 2nd yeah i honestly don't care about being on pr hell i actually asked to be taken off the last one around the same time brady did before i moved to oregon. But i hear where ur coming from toph the south = too much drama lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
hahah, yeah it seems like a south thing. thats kinda wack. gl dude

on that subject though; adding to my list of things to do when i get back to WA:

make a trip to the south on my own, and beat some sense into everybody down there with my fox and falco lolol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
not in years <.< but yeah i used to

i played it with my cousin while i was visiting singapore while singapore had like the biggest player base for that game too LOL. so we used to go play at LAN cafes with random people, it was pretty cool

i played boomer lol. i got pretty good with all the trick shots you can do with the wind and ****. it was so satisfying to like, be dug in a random *** corner and seemingly have no way to hit your opponent, use a wind change and pull off some crazy hook shot SS and **** from across the screen lol

ahhh good times

Syler

Smash Journeyman
the souths main problem = weighing who's better on friendlies HAHAHAHA / Syler - u sound like u could use a hug
Nah it's more like having huge ego's and me not calling people out on it, because they gave x person a ride and im afraid if im rude they wouldn't give them a ride on top of some other ****. But you already know i don't give a **** about that anymore, if someone acts like a dumba$$ im just going to treat them like one and call em out.

There's a lot more i could easily add to that or clarify more on, but i wont waste my time qqing online anymore. And the only person i get hugs from is ppa0, so sorry sir ur going to wait ur turn o.-

not in years <.< but yeah i used to

i played it with my cousin while i was visiting singapore while singapore had like the biggest player base for that game too LOL. so we used to go play at LAN cafes with random people, it was pretty cool

i played boomer lol. i got pretty good with all the trick shots you can do with the wind and ****. it was so satisfying to like, be dug in a random *** corner and seemingly have no way to hit your opponent, use a wind change and pull off some crazy hook shot SS and **** from across the screen lol

ahhh good times
word. i play jfrog cuz i think he looks the coolest. you should start playin again cuz i started playin again and we could, yknow, play together :3
yo! wtf does ":3" mean? is that **** suppose to be cute.
calm down mang, its a kitten.

C!Z

Smash Lord
First of all, friendlies don't mean ****. If you're judging friendlies, you're gay. They should be for practice and trying things out. Everybody should be making the tournies their main focus. I mean that's the whole reason we have a PR and this thread basically. Anybody that still plays this game is probably in it for the competitive scene. So quit judgin friendlies and hook your homies up with some practice, and bring that **** to the tourney. Money johns are lame, get on it. I haven't made a dime since I've been back in tourneys, only profited from MM's at times.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
why don't u *****s look for some place to host tourneys farther south, watts the deal with plu? if we brought tvs could we do **** there?

if its tourney then we will find ways to make it.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
First of all, friendlies don't mean ****. If you're judging friendlies, you're gay. They should be for practice and trying things out. Everybody should be making the tournies their main focus. I mean that's the whole reason we have a PR and this thread basically. Anybody that still plays this game is probably in it for the competitive scene. So quit judgin friendlies and hook your homies up with some practice, and bring that **** to the tourney. Money johns are lame, get on it. I haven't made a dime since I've been back in tourneys, only profited from MM's at times.
I agree with just about everything here. And that's the thing. The mindset of the people in the group isn't in the right place. Like their not making any efforts to get better im not just talking tournies, but like not watching vids, not looking up **** in character specific, not praciting new things. Only thing that really goes on is the occasional how do you do this mike, or how do i fight so and so char. It really goes further then that, and that's why you've probably seen posts of anthony wanting to play the north or change it up. Everyone is so ****ing robotic and it's w/e. And though i can't talk to much cuz im not going lie half the reason why i play is just to hang out with peeps, and that i don't go tournies anymore cuz for a while i didn't care about getting better myself, but yeah things of changed lately. Idk i guess the whole mindset in our group is stupid. It's actually a lot worse then the things i just listed but i wont get into that. (But yeah bottom line is big egos)

As for next gc tourney if i have enough money after gettings new car tabs, left blinker light, and paying back someone 25 bucks, then i'll go, but i just thought about it and it's not looking good lol.

@Kline- I've told you and anyone else who's asked me this mutiple times x_X im not going to try to force the guy to host like competitive gaming tournies, and honestly i don't think he wants one though i've told him a couple of times that he should try to make it into a can food drive. Like make it into some charity thing so the school would be more willing to let us have it there. But yeah we've talked about it idk how intested he is in it. Plus i've told everyone if you really want it ask him urself (though i guess this is more for people in my group who asked me and are too lazy to do **** themselves). But yeah i hate repeating myself again cuz i know i mentioned it to you and bladewise.

Edit: oh yeah im trying to do that 60 game thing in our group now with the elo rating thing i forgot who posted it i'd have to find it again (with "serious matches") so people can't just talk **** without backing it up. Though it's getting a lil better cuz now it's like if ur going to talk **** you either mm and prove it or stfu at least that's what im going to be doing.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
word. i play jfrog cuz i think he looks the coolest. you should start playin again cuz i started playin again and we could, yknow, play together :3
shiiit, this sounds so tempting. but what are we gonna do about time zone differences? you're usually in bed by the time i get home from work, and i'm usually out of the house on the weekends :c

hmm, well i guess i could try to wake up at 6 AM to play gunbound LOL but that would take some supreme motivation on my part. i'd do it once or twice a week for my bisno tho o.O

well, in any case if it doesn't work out while i'm in japan, i'll play gunbound witchu over the summer while i'm in hawaii/after i get back to seattle

calm down mang, its a kitten.
lmfao poor kline. hes terrified of strange creatures such as kitten

nDie

Smash Apprentice
ELO thing sounds tight. Free mm's ftw.
And yeah, I'm free again until Saturday so if you wanna do something Syler, let me know, just give me a little notice before hand else I might not want to lol.

MasterC

Smash Ace
Yee, we use to make the trip for Syler's things. I'm sure we would again.
if there was a tourney down south and it was advertised early (like at least 2 weeks notice) i would personally drive all the northern *****s and we WOULD GET DOWN (provided they throw some gas$$$ in cuz my sh*t GUZZLES lol)

just sayin... btw i'm smashin now with some noobs (friendlies ftw)

GET AT ME

Top Bottom