• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

True Romance

Smash Ace
lol I usually just write ghnasch

good news! just rang the arena and its pretty much booked. all i need is parent permission which ill get tomorrow when my dads home. i didnt get any discount but still its 250 bucks so thats alright.

lol kane i think i have DK figured out :p

also kane/bob i know this is a huge ask but could one of you guys bring your laptop to the tournament? i dont have one to run TIO on, but i could always do it at home then write down the bracket and bring it in on sunday. however it would be harder, and i wouldnt have sams little program that deals with the money.

its fine if you guys can't, just asking :)

LoL, no doubt your D3 would **** my DK, I meant I would keep metaknight as a counter to your D3 :p

I can bring my lap top that's not a problem.

Man was meaning to talk to you about it on Sunday, do you ahve any posters or ANYTHING to advertise your tourney done up? Would love to meet up tomorrow and get it off you if I could, I have a few stores that have told me they'd let me advertise the tourney, but I need something man !!!

I have no doubt it will help out attendance, so if you have stuff let me know.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Everyone with homebrew, or without it....DO NOT UPDATE!

All the update does is completely stop homebrew, cant install it, and it erases it.

Jupz

Smash Master
Kane, I have no way of making posters as I'm at my dads house for the week with no printer. Alzi kindly offered to get some posters made up. I could also make one up and email it off to you if you wanted?

That's so great you can bring the laptop, thanks a lot :)

It'll be nice to see proxy again aswell.

I'm hyped for sunday!

I LAG

Smash Lord
<3 thread title someone plz explain it to me coz i am too lazy to read the thread

me and lv9 luigi are epic **** in teams in NSW

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Level 9 Luigi is a legend in these parts.

He first started out as a doubles partner for Pete, where they failed miserably. After long deliberation Level 9 Luigi vowed to one day return to the Smash scene and leave his mark. On Saturday the 26th of September, he did so via being a special guest at one of our Smash Fests, despite not winning the low tier tournament, he did manage to get one game up on Lord Bowser. He promptly left after he was eliminated, disgraced and disgusted at his performance, although he did say he will return this Sunday and vows to win the singles tournament of "WE HAVE MIC!", he is currently somewhere unknown presumably practicing for this tournament, chances are he's on a block of ice in an ancient shrine.

True Romance

Smash Ace
<3 thread title someone plz explain it to me coz i am too lazy to read the thread

me and lv9 luigi are epic **** in teams in NSW
Basically in a recent low tier tourney we had, your doubles partner decided to enter for lawls and hit two hilarious shoyrukens in one game against lord bowser on a low ceiling stage and the pandemonium that then ensued was beyond belief.

Jupz

Smash Master
Can't believe I missed it.

I'm also gonna enter a double luigi team in doubles lol.

I think I'm gonna make singles entry 10 bucks and doubles entry 10 bucks for the team. Is everyone alright with that? Its only 5 bucks more, and its less overall then what we usually pay.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Good news everyone! Instead of not being able to bring a TV I spoke with a guy at the Megalab at uni and theoretically, I'll be borrowing a projector "for prac" for Friday afternoon and unfortunately won't be able to return it until Monday. What a shame. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Of course! Oh and unless something comes up, Bringer should be coming along.

Muzga

Smash Ace
I cant help but notice that you didnt add gatz to the list jupz:p
Add gatz to the list

Alzi

Smash Master
Kane it's good to see you moving to Marth.

Jupz and Kane i am almost finished the poster just need to do a few adjustments it's a A4 size btw.

Lev 9 Luigi

Smash Rookie
Mama-mia, that would-a be wonderful!

Hope to see you all there!

And I'll catch you later, Travis.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lmao.

Ahh good old level 9 luigi.

Here is the poster all done and ready. I will send to Kane and he can print them off and put them in stores (The actual A4 size didn't want to post it on here since it would be way too big.)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Don't you need the copyright stuff down the bottom??? Or is the event not for profit, so it doesn't matter???

i dont have one to run TIO on
Stupid question: what's TIO :p???

Oh, and please, for the love of all that is holy and whatnot, don't make me fight an AI... I'm kinda not very good when it comes to computerised opponents for some reason (I think my technique gets a little lax :D)

And finally, I should probably mention that I'm not in Mt Pleasant -yet- (moving in December), but until then I am just one suburb across in Brentwood xD Not... that... it... matters... or... nothing... T.T

(EDIT: Speaking about the tournament, how is lunch organised :D??? Do we just head off when we don' have a match or something???)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
These aren't run for profit they are community funded, entrance fees pay for venue and leftover goes to pot (or pocketed, you never know with that Alister kid).

TIO is the program used to run the tournament by registering people and making brackets.

Also it's good to have you part of the scene but I speak on both mine and Bsrk_'s behalf when I say we are deeply religious and take slight offence to your gamertag as it slanders the name of the good Lord Almighty, so please try not to take the Lords name in vain around us, thank you in advance and I hope to see you on Sunday.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Thanks for the quick answers ^^

I speak on both mine and Bsrk_'s behalf when I say we are deeply religious and take slight offence to your gamertag
My apologies for offending :( - it usually gets shortened to 'MT' anyway, so I'll poke around and see if I can change it... If I can't, I'll just have to see if I can create another account under MT and use that instead ^^

Feel free to just call me Ian or Jesse, though!!

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Haha sorry man I'm just messing with you I couldn't resist, Bob (Bsrk_)and I are both atheists and I can't stand religion. :p

Lunch is available for purchase at the arena and costs between $5-$10, most of us grab lunch after doubles before singles start.

EDIT:I'm Trav by the way, what do you prefer being called by because i know some of us like Andre (Muzga) and I prefer our real names whereas Jupz and some others prefer the tag (correct me if I'm wrong Jupz lol)

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol IDC what you call me Jupz or jason but no-one ever pronounces Jupz right lol. I'll have to teach you guys on sunday.

And MTGod lol travs just joking dont worry. and yeah TIO is a program that runs the tourney for us. brackets are random so dont worry :p

Great poster Alzi but its the winners club not captains club!! :p But thanks for all the hard work, you just might want to change that before you send it off to kane. It would be good if you could also add a link to smashboards (the tournament post maybe?) so people would have an idea of where it is.

Thanks a lot alzi and kane! :)

also what happened to the other lvl 9 luigi account lol i thought there were two

awesome that bringer can come, i dont mind if someone brings melee to set up on one of the setups.

Kane if you wouldn't mind would you be able to download sams tournament money program?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8324484&highlight=program#post8324484
thats the link

WE NEED ONE MORE WIII!!!!! (OR GC IF YOU WANT A MELEE SETUP OR ANYTHING ELSE)

ergoproxy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys im coming back from holidays tonight. Cant believe i missed the low tier tourney my wolf would have *****!! Cant wait to catch up with yall this sunday (my snake play will probably be average since all i have been doing is hanging out and drinking with old school mates.)

Kane what are u doing!!! new main already dude!! i guess it was due (meta knight does get boring when u dnt get pushed.)

Good to see new peeps joining the scene and i have confirmed it....u are all welcome to come and stay at my place next year for S.Q.U.A.T (parentals have given the nod.) My parents place is only a 20min drive away from the venue as well.

Jupz

Smash Master
Thanks roman! :)

Alzi get on here! Lol.

Roman you could always go to the poster (it was on the last page) right click and save it, and then print it off or something?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Haha sorry man I'm just messing with you I couldn't resist, Bob (Bsrk_)and I are both atheists and I can't stand religion.
And the internet punks me again :p Curses!!! ^^"

To be honest, though, I don't really have a preference... At home and with half of my friends I'm known as Jesse, and the other half call me Ian (basically my first name is Ian, but there is another Ian in my house so I get called Jesse for differentiation)... I don't get called MT outside of the interwebs/videogames though, but then again this is -kinda- a videogame community :p... So, you've got three choices there, otherwise you can just say "Hey You!" or something analogous to that and chances are I'll swing my head 'round to see what the commotion is xD

Roman you could always go to the poster (it was on the last page) right click and save it, and then print it off or something?
The changes still need to be made, though, right??? (to the venue and possibly adding the link to the boards??)

True Romance

Smash Ace
Currently at a net cafe in Joondalup, ideally we SHOULD have a link to the tournament thread and the correct location on the poster.

Also the starting times of different events would be good, cos if the average joe thinks it starts at 9 in the morning they might not bother but if they see singles starting later they might come, get me?

Will be here for an hour doing uni stuff, so hopefully alzi will come on.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Haha sorry man I'm just messing with you I couldn't resist, Bob (Bsrk_)and I are both atheists and I can't stand religion. :p
...*Hides cross in shirt* WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THERES NO SIGN OF RELIGION ON ME!
So yeah I was also thinking if Mic grew his hair and his beard, would he make a great jesus or what? GOD OF THE SMASH COMMUNITY!

Awesome news about the house proxy, now for the main problem for me, getting a job =D

True Romance

Smash Ace
FAILURE.

Gotta go to the physio now, you guys know my mobile, so if there is any development in the poster department give me a buzz, I'll be heading into the city at 2:30ish so I could pick it up any time before then.

edit - good work jupz, how long you reckon you'll take? My physio is at 1:30 but was gonna do some stuff first, if it's done by 1 should be all good. Guess I'll do some more uni stuff lol

Jupz

Smash Master

The new text isn't very good and I couldn't change the captains club thing but oh well, if they get to the arena I'm sure they'll be able to find it.

Added two speccy bulbs lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Great poster, but think we'll need the next one done earlier. Only gonna be up for about 4 days before the event :c

Top Bottom