• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jupz

Smash Master
I use Fair and Dtilt, with a little Ftilt. I don't like jab because its punishable if you miss the tipper.

I've grown to love SHBair OOS, either retreated or stationary. its really easy to tipper.

Also I should probably use Nair a bit more :(

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I can bring Tasunoko vs Capcom although its via USB loader and I haven't unlocked any characters yet.
And that stuff on Phoenix Wright is just annoying =[, wish he was in it.

Browny

Smash Hater
DJBrowny's wifi spacing with Marth is lackluster :(.

He thinks its all about nair and fsmash, like aurasphere and fsmash with Lucario :p
Pfft youre the one who whores fsmash lol. and did I just see you say that spacing with nair is a bad thing :psycho: to the marth boards!

Dont be hating on Lolcario spacing techniques, he doesnt exactly have many other options :/

Alzi

Smash Master
You know what i love doing with marth?

Dropping backwards from the edge and doing a nair THEN FINISHING THEM.

Was watching two pro people play Tasunoko vs Capcom on youtube the combos were too good.

As for my response to you elton two pages back i am not vsing you for 30 minutes. Other people will want to play so we can have a ffa with anyone who joins for 30 minutes.

Edit: INFACT. I JUST REALISED SOMTHING. I HAVE NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY SO WE CAN HAVE THE TOURNEY FROM 8:00 AM UNTIL 12 MIDNIGHT.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I did try picking up Marth after Olimar because he is fun to play but i disliked his style_ His speed on the other hand ^_^ Vlade has never bothered me because i always find him a challenge to vs, much like Alzi and Sam's TL but i'm working on them_

Ric i thought you mained Wario_? From what i've seen you are pretty good with him but you seem to doubt your abilities so much that you let yourself lose_ Need to apply yourself more in tournaments and start lifting that game face_ Don't be dissapointed by grab releases because as most people say 'good luck grabbing a good Wario' and i think your spacing, powershielding and spot dodging is some of the best i've seen at our tourneys still to this day_

Richard7

Smash Ace
Ric i thought you mained Wario_? From what i've seen you are pretty good with him but you seem to doubt your abilities so much that you let yourself lose_ Need to apply yourself more in tournaments and start lifting that game face_ Don't be dissapointed by grab releases because as most people say 'good luck grabbing a good Wario' and i think your spacing, powershielding and spot dodging is some of the best i've seen at our tourneys still to this day_
I don't really main him, meaning I don't exactly know anything about him than someone who doesn't main Wario.

I don't really understand how a person can be good or bad at powershielding, you use an attack in the air, lets say it misses, hold block button even before you've landed and it shields. Can't be good at spot dodging either, I just spam dodge. As for my spacing, I don't exactly think about it while I'm playing, so I guess its pure luck.

Jupz

Smash Master
I know a fair bit about all the top tiers and some low tiers but people like sonic I have no clue about :p I only just learnt the difference between his SideB and DownB :p

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm like Richard but only with other characters. I actually learnt toon link then adapted a playstyle of my own. But almost all toon links play the same anyway :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I have the Japanese version of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, which DOES NOT have phoenix wright characters.

The english one might have them though.
It won't. The problem with including him was that the english version, "Objection" would have ore characters, thus be longer, thus be too powerful.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Okay guys need your help, I'm compiling a list of movies i want to see so name some of your favourite movies and if i haven't seen them I will endeavour too, Looking forward to Bob's picks as he is studying film....I think.

Muzga

Smash Ace
if you want to watch some epic, hillarious b-grade horror movie action the i reccomend you watch braindead
Standard zombie uprising, hillariously absurd and messed up, The kind of movie you only watch once but fondly regard after having seen it

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Okay guys need your help, I'm compiling a list of movies i want to see so name some of your favourite movies and if i haven't seen them I will endeavour too, Looking forward to Bob's picks as he is studying film....I think.
Phonebooth
The Presitge
A few good men
Frequency
Dragon - the bruce lee story
Back to the Future (1-3)
24 (not a movie but its better!)

Can't think of anything else atm so thats it for now!

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
A Clockwork Orange
Lolita
Full Metal Jacket
Apocalypse Now
The Fountain
A Nightmare Before Christmas
Colour Me Kubrick
Psycho (Hitchcock version)
Gran Torino
Dirty Harry (yes all of them)
The Proposition
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Unbreakable
Ju: On The Grudge (1 only USA, Otherwise Japan versions)
The Ring (Again 1 only USA, Japan versions)
Pulse (Japan)
Mongol
Tokyo Gore Police
Dog Soldiers
The Descent
Kill Bill vol 1&2
Resevoir Dogs
Blade Runner
Repo! The Genetic Opera
Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (Romero versions)
28 Days Later/ Weeks Later
Shaun of the Dead
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Eraserhead
Any film by Kevin Smith (NOT Jersey Girl FFS)
Appleseed 1&2
Ghost in the Shell 1&2
Akira
Spirited Away
Watchmen (Read the graphic novel first IMO)
Porky's
Ferris Beuller's Day Off
Animal House
Weekend at Bernie's
Don't be a Menace to South Central
Any PIXAR film (Incredibles is the best)
Transformers Animated Movie
True Blood (I don't care if it's a show everyone MUST watch this)
Iron Man
SpiderMan 1&2 Only
Evil Dead & Army of Darkness
Pet Cemetary
It
The Thing
They
The Mist
Re-animator
They're/ He's Just Not That Into You (caught me by surprise)
American Beauty
Slumdog Millionare
Walk The Line
The Dark Night

Should keep you busy for a while_ went braindead on a few so this is all i have for now_

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
A Nightmare Before Christmas
Psycho (Hitchcock version)
Dirty Harry (yes all of them)
Kill Bill vol 1&2
Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (Romero versions)
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Ferris Beuller's Day Off
Any PIXAR film (Incredibles is the best)
Transformers Animated Movie
Slumdog Millionare
Walk The Line
The Dark Night
Make sure you watch the transformers animated movie at least 17 times.

Sif no Terminator.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
can anyone tell me where you get those white gamecube controllers everyone has from? i think its time to buy a knew one considering if i play with my one i have now for longer then an hour or 2 i get blisters :laugh: lol

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
can anyone tell me where you get those white gamecube controllers everyone has from? i think its time to buy a knew one considering if i play with my one i have now for longer then an hour or 2 i get blisters :laugh: lol
I think they're imported from japan, if you mean the white ones.
Oh and wait if you mean ther Transformers movie which was actually about the Transformers and not teenage romance. Aka the cartoon one, that was totally awesome =D

nabs_shaw

Smash Rookie
The Big Lebowski
Fargo
Burn After Reading
Yeah, I enjoy the Coen brothers' films. If you are only going to watch one, make it Lebowski.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Play Asia is the site that i ordered mine from Alex_

Lol i didn't state the obvious ones Shaya and yes seeing Megatron become GALVATRON is truly epic_ BTW Shaya is your avatar Rei Ayanami?! ^_^ Massive Eva fan_

The thing i like/ dislike about the Coen brothers' films is that i watch it and am initially unsatisfied or i 'enjoy' the film but i find it actually grows on me over time after watching it_

Top Bottom