• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Richard7

Smash Ace
A Clockwork Orange
Lolita
Full Metal Jacket
Apocalypse Now
The Fountain
A Nightmare Before Christmas
Colour Me Kubrick
Psycho (Hitchcock version)
Gran Torino
Dirty Harry (yes all of them)
The Proposition
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Unbreakable
Ju: On The Grudge (1 only USA, Otherwise Japan versions)
The Ring (Again 1 only USA, Japan versions)
Pulse (Japan)
Mongol
Tokyo Gore Police
Dog Soldiers
The Descent
Kill Bill vol 1&2
Resevoir Dogs
Blade Runner
Repo! The Genetic Opera
Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (Romero versions)
28 Days Later/ Weeks Later
Shaun of the Dead
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Eraserhead
Any film by Kevin Smith (NOT Jersey Girl FFS)
Appleseed 1&2
Ghost in the Shell 1&2
Akira
Spirited Away
Watchmen (Read the graphic novel first IMO)
Porky's
Ferris Beuller's Day Off
Animal House
Weekend at Bernie's
Don't be a Menace to South Central
Any PIXAR film (Incredibles is the best)
Transformers Animated Movie
True Blood (I don't care if it's a show everyone MUST watch this)
Iron Man
SpiderMan 1&2 Only
Evil Dead & Army of Darkness
Pet Cemetary
It
The Thing
They
The Mist
Re-animator
They're/ He's Just Not That Into You (caught me by surprise)
American Beauty
Slumdog Millionare
Walk The Line
The Dark Night

Should keep you busy for a while_ went braindead on a few so this is all i have for now_
I can't say I've seen many of those films, but whoa, Blade Runner good? I saw it and lets just say it was hard to actually watch the whole thing, I just wanted to leave them room. That movie was laughable imo.

I usually don't watch horror or anything like it, but I was told The Mist was good and that the end had an insane twist, hired it out... For me, I enjoyed it because I was laughing at its badness.

I'm yet to see Iron Man, wanna watch it. :)

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Blade Runner is one of Ridley Scott's finest films in terms of sci-fi_ This is the director of the original Alien film_ You need to look deeper into the message the film is portraying and how it was made to really respect it_ For a film made in 1982 it still looks amazing in comparison to some made in the 21st century_

The Mist i felt was really good but again it's to your 'likes' and 'tastes'_

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
All Studio Ghibli films.

Ali G (is wayy better then borat and bruno)

Anchor man.

Terminator 4!!!!!!!!!

the number 4!!!!!!!!!!!\

There are many mroe young ones.

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh i thought that person was Glenn not Alex. lol.

Anyway i got mine from gametraders brand new for $50. I still have it kept in my cabinet waiting for a special day to bring it out and use it.

As for movies i mostley prefer comedy and those movies like Rocky were he trains and improves and movies with guns in them are cool.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Booking confirmed, prepare for an epic tournament.

We still need 1 more setup though, assuming that Jupz and Elton are definites

If we have more than 8 then that's even better, I know bob might be able to bring one assuming that Graeme is driving. Speaking to Myke and Peter (new guys) about this too, they might be able to bring a TV. Samuel and richard might also be able to bring a TV too. If we can get as many setups as possible, the better because it's likely that someone might not show up with a TV for whatever reason, then we have backups (or extra for friendlies).

An extra wii would be nice.

EDIT: They just said that we MIGHT be in a different room, they're waiting on another client. It's actually a larger room :p But I can't ask for it since the other client might be using it, it's up to them as to what room we will be in.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Bigger the better...Well thats what girls tell me ;)
In all seriousness would be pretty awesome if we could get a bigger room, just as long as everyone knows where it is. At the moment we only have 26 people unfortunately, and I still need to get into contact with 3 of my friends to make sure they're definants.
And TTGL FTW

Vlade

Social Outcast
Nabs and his friends should be coming, I spoke to Jake at school but they're still not quite definites.

Jayce and his mate haven't been on smashboards since 12th July (the date of the last tourney), so I doubt he's coming because he hasn't replied to my PM.

We need to revamp the OP of this thread with email addresses so I can remind everyone that there's a tourney on.

The bigger the better indeed Marty, sucks that I'm vertically challenged ;)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Ya Neon Genesis Evangelion was the first Japanese anime I ever saw and is still my favourite. If you didn't notice, my display pic is the NERV symbol :D

The idea of having everyones email addresses added to the OP of the thread so you can email them when there is a tournament on is a very good idea I think. When a tournament date has been set and confirmed, someone (anyone, I could do it if nobody else wants to) can go through each email alerting them to the upcoming tournament, if they dont want further notifactions they can just email back and say so and we can remove them from the list. Would work well for people that don't frequently visit smashboards but are interested in tournaments when they are on.

On a sidenote, it seems my signature almost never shows up on my posts because the forums have a system in place where if your post is smaller than your signature then it doesn't show up. The 2 obvious problems with this system is that of course it makes no sense to not allow your signature all the time in the first place, and the other problem is that the way it decides if your post is bigger than your sig is flawed. It seems to go based on a character count, if your post has X number of letters or numbers and your signature has Y number of letters or numbers then it will only display the sig if X > Y. The problem with this though is that the characters for your sig INCLUDES code. For example the word "fish" is 4 characters but if you have the word bolded in your sig then it becomes "fish[/B}" which is 11 characters. My sig has a multi-coloured thingy to it which amounts to almost 1000 characters which is why my sig never shows up :(

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Fish won't be coming Vlade.

Thats funny Bob because we're studying Blade Runner in english right now. There's a good documentary on it on youtube, also the directors cut is so much better, they don't cut out
the part where he dreams of a unicorn so you never realise he's actually a replicant.
and it doesn't have his voice-over, he actually said he did the voice-over crappily so they wouldn't use it but they did anyway.

Sam sig rule isn't too bad and stops it from crolling through a page with more sigs than text.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Vlade if you like i can add the mailing list into our Perth Tournament Thread_ Anyone interested can PM me with their email address so i can add it_ At the next tourney i will compile a list of everyone who is attending and get their tag/ email to add_ Anyone not interested i either won't add or remove as Corpse suggested_ Nice idea btw_

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sounds good

Bob would you mind just sitting with me at registration and just taking everyone's email when they register? Just get them to add it to a list we can get going on a bit of paper, then you can add them to the OP of the perth tourney list so we can use the idea for future tournies.

Thanks Marty for bringing them ;)

EDIT: Start thinking of team names ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
Your t.v is counted with my good news of alot of t.v's. ;).

My email you all know so don't ask for it at the tourney unless you really need to since i really hate saying out my email since it has a dash(-) and underscore (_). That confuses people.

Team names aye.... Jono and I have come up with a possible 3 teams that we will use and expirment with at the tourney. Not sure about the name though. I'm thinking anything with the word **** at the end or rapers would sound good.

On the smash blue skin there is no possible way to delete your post btw.

Alzi

Smash Master
Jono thought of **** ages ago and always used it in a good way then when it came to tourney we were going to use just team **** but you guys already got it. :p

I will come up of a good name. Triforce rapers was nice, double courage?, You just got 9'd, team 69, hmm it needs to be good and funny in a way.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
...=[ Im under pressure, 2 tournies in a row Vlade said I had the best team name, last time he didnt say anything..Lazy bum...I need a good one....
Stupid Dean, "The Mirror Effect" won't work.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just a suggestion, doubt anyone's willing but I'm going to put it out there.

Could anyone bring a computer monitor to hook up to my laptop so we don't have everyone crowding around my little screen?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Vlade that's fine considering i'm used to running your tournaments for you anyways :p Jokes aside_ I still haven't heard back from Graeme so no confirmation on a tv from me as yet_ Let me know if we still could use it or not_

Shouldn't really need to bother about bringing an external monitor if people wait till after the tournament for results or we set up your laptop in a better position where it is much more accessible (near the door next time)_ Just causes too much clutter and hassle_

Alzi nice to see you indulging in the use of "The Mighty Underscore"_ Might make that my team name_

Pete278

Smash Lord
It still cool if I bring my laptop in case of boredom? I also might bring a camera, again, in case of boredom, since I doubt I'll be in the tournament for very long.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Just a note_ Alongside taking peoples contact information for our mailing list i will be compiling a list of people who are interested in attending this years SQUAT V tournament in QLD_ If we can get a big enough group listed to participate and represent WA over there then we can look at group booking options for flights and accommodation_ Leading on from this we can hopefully look into attending more events such as Rocky etc and planning in advance for next year, alongside hosting our own national tournament *groan*

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
sorry. no confirmation yet that i'm coming. I told aiden- he is thinking about it. and another friend might come just to muck around.

sam still do bring ur TV.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Thanks Roman, that will help IMMENSELY. It's really annoying when you have people crowding around my little laptop screen wanting to see who they're versing next >_> People will also want to see who's in their pool so a monitor is going to be very handy.

Pete feel free to bring your laptop and camera, just remember that I won't take responsibility if it goes missing ;)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Wooo I tricked the system to get my sig to appear more often although it makes my sig a little bigger than what it used to be (which is sort of a good thing)....Yes I am bored, these matricies and vector things in maths is getting to my brain.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman

Testing My Sig

ALSO- My name is now, "e" whilst brawling

Alzi

Smash Master
You should delete your post now as you can see your sig is not appearing which means your test failed.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
How do i delete my post young one?

e- it did work, but then i went to edit my sig, AND THEN it went away.

is there a text limit to the sig?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
To delete a post you click the button in your post saying delete.
Don't worry no need to thank me citizen, just doing my job *flies off*

Man so much work due, Grant (teacher) thought itd be fun to tell us we have 2 assignments due friday, and I'm not even timetabled to go in then so I'm like *RAGE*, I'll take out my rage on this Plymouth Rock (the sweet)!

In other news, SUNDAY FTW!

Muzga

Smash Ace
Hopefully we win some money in the doubles vlade.
The starving musician needs it so he can buy himself a sandwich
and man, he REALLY wants that sandwich
EVERYONE! IM PLAYING AT THE PADDO AFTER THE TOURNAMENT THIS SUNDAY!
For those of you who are under 18 this time you have a legit john
For the rest of you, i hope at least one of you can make it.

Top Bottom