• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
richard don't be smart. You can change. Take my advice:

"Be an ******, put a hood on."

I had two modz talk to me already. LOL.

peace out.

And how to i upload stages on this site? SO LAME don't think i can.

Fo sheezy out.

Muzga

Smash Ace
richard don't be smart. You can change. Take my advice:

"Be an ******, put a hood on."

I had two modz talk to me already. LOL.

peace out.

And how to i upload stages on this site? SO LAME don't think i can.

Fo sheezy out.
Do you really talk like that?

Ah well, anyways, how about that leaderboard idea?

Alzi

Smash Master
I got a great idea guys. If theres some sort of cupboard of room that can be locked up at the tourney lets throw skillskillfiretruck in there and lock him up. You don't post like a noob at mywii since i've seen it myself also i bet your trying to sandbag us so we get mindgamed at the tourney. hmm . . . . . .

The leader board idea sounds nice although i won't be able to come to every tourney only ones that are close to me.

Richard7 you should come to more tourneys you don't even play that bad and you are decent at the game so why not keep playing just for the fun of it? Theres probally not that many people you have trouble vsing in the tourney anyway. :p

Vlade i'll be entering Brawl singles and doubles and i'll be teamed up with jono. I'm 100% coming so not to worry.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
I got a great idea guys. If theres some sort of cupboard of room that can be locked up at the tourney lets throw skillskillfiretruck in there and lock him up.
I agree with this:chuckle:
But anyway i think the leaders board is a great idea, but i think it shouldn't be reset every 3 months.
And when skillfiretruck said that someone failed i thought he was talking about himself, lol.

EDIT: This is starting to become a spamfest :(

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Rofl throw him in a cupboard, another wonderful idea from the Alziranger. Leaderboard idea sounds awe to the some but yeh shouldnt be reset every 3 months.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Okay guys, I'm extremely sorry. The guys at the library are not letting me book the tournament for the 11th April. I'll explain the situation:

A few weeks ago I rang them up and asked if I could book a room for the 11th April. I even said that it was on the Easter Weekend. Yesterday I made the booking, and today I get an email saying that the date I booked for was unavaliable because it was on the Easter weekend. WTF!

They've also said that 5:30 is the latest we can stay. So when I reorganise the tournament I'll go for an earlier start.

I'm really sorry and I promise that I'll reschedule this for another day. It cannot be the week before or the week after because I am not free. I hope you can all bring TV's and wiis to the day I reschedule it to, and once again I sincerely apologise - but believe me, I don't think any of it was my fault.

So I hope you guys can still come to the tourney that I reschedule. I'll let you guys know when it is.

Another option is that I find another venue for the tournament that is avaliable over the Easter Weekend.

Sorry.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yep I'm really sorry.

The alternative is to just find another venue and book it for the same day. Might be too difficult with such short notice though.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Heh getting something on Easter weekend on short notice..Good luck >>; What? I'm not a pesimist.

As for leaderboards I like the idea although it won't change the fact of who wins.

And finally," how can someone claim that someone is a failure if themself is quoting Naruto" ~ Quote from Marteh

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
For those that want PAL texture hacks, put the codes found at http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7027430&postcount=836 on your SD card.
Once you have done this, download a texture file somewhere on the internet and place them on your SD cade like this:

the FitCaptain02.pcs is the texture hack that you downloaded, you need to rename it to FitCaptain01,02,03,04 etc. The number you select corrosponds to the colour your replacing.

private/wii/app/RSBP/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain02.pcs

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So after touring many sites I ask myself.. Wait where's the Phoenix Wright texture hack =[.
Marteh is sorely disappointed in it, if anyone knows where to get one link me for great justice!

Edit: On the topic of texture hacks I'm having issues with it, I have all the codes in the Code Manager, exported them to the codes folder, I have all texture's set up as
private/wii/app/RSBP/pf/figher/ and whatever it is for example, ike/FitIke01.pcs
Yet everytime I load a stage my wii freezes with the annoying "brrrrrr" noise, I give it enough time to let it load yet still nothing.

Any advice would be helpful

Alzi

Smash Master
Vlade i don't mind when you do it since i'll be able to come and one week after easter means it's a good thing since my cast will be off and my hand will be free. ;)

Is my name in green because of april fools? Since i'm loving it green atm suits toon link.

and looks like someone has locked skillskillfiretruck in a cupboard for now. xD

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
*Dusts hands*

Perth's impeccable record of good posters has been broken.
You can always just dust the dodgy posts instead.. they honestly wouldnt be missed.. BTW whats with the sudden Mic_ followed by numbers trend.. lol..

Ric thanks heaps for your post thats pretty thoughtful of you.. Ill stand by the fact that i have never asked for any compensation for holding tournaments as i always say, it helps keeps the scene alive.. If everyone actually wants to do what Ric is suggesting then it wont be passed up but its everyones choice and i wont be having any say on the topic.. any form of gratification is welcome and in before skillfiretruck makes a comment about sexual gratification.. BAM..!

Anyways, Vlade if it becomes difficult for you to organise another tourney then please let me know i could possibly hold one the week after easter weekend but it most probably would once again be at my place.. I would attempt to organise a more suitable venue but honestly, work has me stapled to 10 hour days so its better than nothing.. Thanks again for your attempted efforts in organisinga venue and hopefully you have some luck before easter, or better luck next time.. either way let me know ill help how i can..

Skillfiretruck stop wasting peoples time with your stupid posts its killing me from the inside.. you just talk smack, bag out ric, go on about your 'noob obsession' or make no sense at all.. keep stuff like that for WoW trade chat and start saying something usefull for once.. but seriously, stop bagging out ric and ric, start coming to tourneys and stop quitting..

BLAH..!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Unfortunately I'm away on holiday at Kalbarri from 18th-25th April. Organising something for the 26th is going to be way too difficult.

I'm not sure about the venue, but yeah I kinda doubt I'd be able to book something with such short notice. I hope everyone can still make it to the rescheduled tournament I organise.

Sorry once again.

LOL @ my title as 'Internet Arguer' instead of smash debater. It's awesome :p

IMPORTANT EDIT:

I asked Joondalup Arena if I could book a room for the 11th. They said yes.

The problem is, it's pretty pricey. $250 for the whole day, which would pretty much mean $10 per person if 25 people come. Plus, if we want to rent TV's it's $40 per TV (they have 2).

Are you guys willing to pay $10 for entry, + entry for brawl singles and doubles?
I'd rather not rent TV's, so please, I'm aiming for 5 TV's still. If everyone is still coming and can still bring TV's + Wiis, we have 4 set-ups. 1 More set-up would be awesome.

Please post if you're ok with this. Surely $10 isnt TOO bad? Plus we can stay until 6pm.

Muzga

Smash Ace
works for me okay, you know im really psyched about this tournament and am already pulling my recourses.
10$ extra is nothing for now

I see vlade and i have different titles. are there a pool of different ones for people with blue names or did we all get them done individually?

I take it you want me to get all those cool people to come now then vlade?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Haha yes please. This room will have enough space for 50 people.

And if we get more people, the entry fee goes lower :)

And yes, all the smash directors with blue names now have white names and 'NOW WHAT, BLUE NAMES?!' underneath.

Same sort of thing applies for all the other groups.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I have all the codes in the Code Manager, exported them to the codes folder, I have all texture's set up as
private/wii/app/RSBP/pf/figher/ and whatever it is for example, ike/FitIke01.pcs
Yet everytime I load a stage my wii freezes with the annoying "brrrrrr" noise, I give it enough time to let it load yet still nothing.
Just to clarify, you've got the "custom stage disable" code? If so, then it's probably just a bad texture. there were a couple of misc cool skins I wanted to use (A moogle Olimar) but they just made it crash. Try doing it with only 1 custom costume at a time (or at least take note of what one's you have selected each time when trying them out)

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Yer i'm fine with the tourney being held at joondalup arena, but where is the arena and is it close to the joondalup train station? ( I also don't mind about the entry fee being $10)

@ - is skillfiretruck banned for good?

Alzi

Smash Master
$10 shoudln't be a problem and joondalup Arena is fine with me. I hope everyone who says they will come actually come since if they don't we might be low on people which means low money then vlade would have to play extra for it. $250 is heaps although ask them if they can make it $200 xD they just might.

Ok i hope skillskillfiretruck gets perma banned so he can't come and see what times and when the next tourney will be :p. He also has a bad alt name learn to troll properly.

If it's $250 for a day then we should do it from 10:30 until 6:30 pm or somthing to make use of the venue and time we have. Aww i'll still have my cast on by april 11th ;;

Pete278

Smash Lord
Don't make it two weeks after Easter, because that's RFLAN, which is significantly more important for at least two, probably 4 people, who would be going.

EDIT: Oh, cool, another page. Probably should've checked that first. Completely ignore me, guys. And yeah, I could prob. pay $10.

Vlade

Social Outcast
$10 shoudln't be a problem and joondalup Arena is fine with me. I hope everyone who says they will come actually come since if they don't we might be low on people which means low money then vlade would have to play extra for it. $250 is heaps although ask them if they can make it $200 xD they just might.

Ok i hope skillskillfiretruck gets perma banned so he can't come and see what times and when the next tourney will be :p. He also has a bad alt name learn to troll properly.

If it's $250 for a day then we should do it from 10:30 until 6:30 pm or somthing to make use of the venue and time we have. Aww i'll still have my cast on by april 11th ;;
I can't get there until 1pm I'm afraid. Otherwise I would definitely have it open from 10:30.

I hope skillskillfiretruck comes to the tourney. I want $20 :) And I want to shut him up for good, just like everyone else does.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Im cool with the $10 if I can go, heading down to esperance the next day but Im going to try and make it. Btw how big is this arena because if its a decent size might be worth organising a Perth wide tournament with flyers n shiz?

Vlade

Social Outcast
It can fit like 50 people. I'm not sure if I want a massive perth tournament yet though, since it IS my first time hosting + we might not get as many people during Easter.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
aww muzga is a smash director.. and im still just 'the dude who hosts tourneys in rocko'.. i will smite thee andre..!

anyways, the cost is fine and completely understandable.. if this is our only option then its better than nothing at all.. depending if N1v is driving still i may be able to bring my big tv but dont hold me to it, considering im halving my easter escape holiday just to come to zee tourney.. so you better let me win >_>

Someone was telling me today that he read about new xgen consoles in zoo mag and the nintendo one had a headset >_< sounded like a dodgy april fools but if its true then lol@that..

BLAH..!

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I dun mind the new cost. You know vlade, you could give the venue pass/key thing to someone who can get there earlier and we can just friendly till the tournament begins?

Alzi

Smash Master
Thats a good idea but we need someone honest and who will be willing to go there and open it at 10:00....

*Looks at Jono :D*
Anyway i can't wait for this seriously it's just too awsome. I also want to see how we go in doubles against others and i personlly want to see how i go in singles at my first tourney.

Top Bottom