• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Okay Corneria is in the counterpicks ill edit that now.. please discuss the other stages noted..

My mobile number is 0458 125 849 for anyone who needs to contact me tomorrow for lifts etc.. please dont leave it last minute and remember to arrive as early as possible..!

Oh and vlade.. no need to worry about posting rules etc as that is the purpose of the intial thread.. If you see any changes you think should be made please feel free to let me know and i will change them accordingly..

Vlade

Social Outcast
What do you mean?

Different tournaments can have different rules, right?

Don't forget that I'm not bringing recording equipment. I'm too busy to do any uploading and I still haven't completed the vids from the last tournament :/

If I don't hear about anymore definite TV's coming to my tournament, I'm going to cancel in a few days. I don't care if you 'might' be able to bring a TV. I need to know for sure.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I know it's a bit late notice but Rawt, do you think you could give me and my friend a lift to Warnbro station after the tourney? We can get a lift down there but we'll have to take the train back up.
(Btw my friend is just coming because my parents say I need to go with someone since they haven't met you guys. lol. So he's not gonna play.)

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh my cancel. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Guys just go to mr.rental and get some t.v's then you will have basically a free entry and all you had to pay was probally $1.30 i would do that but i have a broken wrist so i can't carry t.v's.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alright just got confirmation for another TV from EADP. So Kudos to him!

Which means I'm still going to run the tournament. But please, I'd really like another TV if possible. It would make things SO much easier and there would be more TV's for friendlies and MM's.

Please contribute to the community. Thanks.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. I am bring my TV to vlade's tourney, but i am not bring my wii. Some one plz bring a wii for use with my TV. ALSO i'll bring my SD card with my hacked stages on it. GOOD fighting ones for 4 ways and 2 on 2s and 3 on 1.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Hey vlade, ill happily give u 10 bucks to rent a tv if u want but you've gota book it and stuff. Nice work elton !!!

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Not sure if you'll see this before I get there but at extreme last minute, Pete is coming now. So yeah, hopefully we'll have 8 people all together there now. lol

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
My self and my house mate would like to attend the Joondalup tourney. Can bring a tv and a wii if required.
plz do bring a TV and your wii.

hey everyone I am bring:

1 TV
1 HD cables for some guy who might be able to run his wii of his laptop with.
sd card with heaps of stages hacked and un hacked, more hacked.
3 gc controllers,
1 wii remote

i am not bringing my WII. Can someone bring there wii for use with my TV.

FOR VLADE'S TOURNEY

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Great it looks like the tourneys gonna be happening after all :)
And great job Roman1k and skillfire truck.

Oh btw is anyone looking to do some $1 MM's with me?

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Woah guys dw, that elton guy doesnt spam B with every character, and he knows how to SHDL too! (sarcasm btw).

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Woah guys dw, that elton guy doesnt spam B with every character, and he knows how to SHDL too! (sarcasm btw).
WOW, good to here that, lol.
So can anyone from riots tourney post up the results by the end of the day.
And my guesses are that corpse came first and vlade came second.

Alzi

Smash Master
I actually think the same Ravener lol.

Although vlade is improving fast but Sam is older then vlade so that will always give him the upper hand in battles and you can't do nothing about that. But i'm older then vlade and he still plays better then me lol. I must have a crappy brain i guess.

Oh yeah Elton does 7 rolls to the right to reach one end of the stage throws 69 waddle dees rolls another 8 times to the left throws 69 waddles dees. He knows how to mind game with his rolls.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I actually think the same Ravener lol.

Although vlade is improving fast but Sam is older then vlade so that will always give him the upper hand in battles and you can't do nothing about that. But i'm older then vlade and he still plays better then me lol. I must have a crappy brain i guess.

Oh yeah Elton does 7 rolls to the right to reach one end of the stage throws 69 waddle dees rolls another 8 times to the left throws 69 waddles dees. He knows how to mind game with his rolls.

Actually he uses snake, and its more like 20 rolls to the right and then 700 grenades and b moves.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
ROFL.

"SUBSTITUTION" bro. naruto style. I swich places with a grenade. And i don't play waddle De.

What's SHDL?

EDIT: I use cheats.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Results:

1st: Corpsecreate (Toon Link + Luigi)
2nd: Vlade (Falco + Meta)
3rd: Muzga (Jigglypuff + Meta)
4th: Rawt (Olimar + Marth)
5th: Niven (ROB)
5th: Baconfingers (Zelda)
7th: Nasch (Diddy)
7th: Mic (Pokemon Trainer)

Entry Fee: $5
Number of entrants: 10 :)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Firstly, THANK YOU SO MUCH to the people bringing wiis + TV's to my tournament. Your help is greatly appreciated. I'll add Romant1k and his housemate to the list.

The more TV's the better, because that means we can have more friendlies and MM's.

And also, if possible I'd like more wii's as well. No good having TV's without wiis.

Thanks bob for hosting the tourney today, it was all good fun playing and meeting up with you all again.

Oh and bob, are Cal and Baconfingers coming to my tournament?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alright, I have appointed Muzga as my personal assistant for this tournament.

If there's time, would you guys be willing to sacrific free play for a doubles tournament?

In that case the schedule would look something like this:

1pm: Free play and registration
1:30pm: Brawl Singles
4pm: Doubles
5:30pm: Free play

Muzga and I both agree that singles might only last for 2 hours with 5 TV's, so long as we're efficient in starting the matches and no-one is late. Don't forget that I will be enforcing the Mage's DQ rule, be sure to read about that in Additional Rules of the official post.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.. Thanks to everyone who attended my tourney on sunday.. No luck with recording this time around but it was good to see familiar faces again.. Thanks vlade for posting the results in the Perth tournament thread also, nice work..

I'm not too sure if Cal will be attending as it is easter sunday your hosting the event, but graeme and myself will be attending most likely. Ill keep you updated as i may also be unavailable.. Good to see more people actively participating in contributing to the next tourney and hope to see you all there..

BLAH..!

Richard7

Smash Ace
Alright, I have appointed Muzga as my personal assistant for this tournament.

If there's time, would you guys be willing to sacrific free play for a doubles tournament?

In that case the schedule would look something like this:

1pm: Free play and registration
1:30pm: Brawl Singles
4pm: Doubles
5:30pm: Free play
In my opinion, you should start your tournament at the normal time, 12. 12:30 at least. Otherwise there will basically be no time for friendlies. (I figure I'll be nice on everyone's eyes, the default font/font size is way too small in my opinion. If you guys want me to go back to the size that I've been using recently (size 1, this size is size 2 atm,) just let me know.)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
On Saturday I completed a uni assignment from beginning to end (I hadn't even started until Saturday) and then later that night I had 4 double beef and cheese burgers. I then I stayed up in front of my computer until about 4:30am until I then went to bed. My cat woke me up at about 5:30, so I preceeded to take him outside. I then woke up at about 7:00 because my next door neiboughres (how do you spell that word again?) were screaming and yelling for some reason. Then I woke up at about 8:15 knowing that I would not be able to fall asleep again, I started getting ready for the tournament. I had a quick breakfast and then it was time for the 50 minute train ride.

We got at the tournament, and about 1 hour into the tournament I get a phone call from my brother. He continues to tell me that ALL the accounts in a game that me and him play have been banned. Banned as in, everything on those accounts is lost forever and has a 0% chance of returning. Oh great, isnt that just....great. "Oh well" I think to myself, i'm at a smash tourney right now, we'll deal with our game accounts when I get back.

By this time I was still fairly active in my mind.... until about 1-1:30. BOOOOM CRASH! went my mind. I became super tired just as I suspected I would. The fatigue was extreme but theres nothing you can do about it. Then we had some double matches but because of only 9 participants, there would either have to be 4 teams or 5 teams with 1 'team' as a single person. We went with the 5 team option, it was me vs 2 others. SOOOO in my supremely tired state, I did the best I could. I didn't appear on top, but then I didn't expect to and I dont think anyone else did :)

We finish up the singles tournament and then we go and get ourselves some pizza. By this time im so tired that I just want to fall down and die. But theres pizza! So I eat a full pizza to myself, a complete 8 pieces deposited in my stomach. My tongue would argue that it was a good idea, my stomach was considering suicide. But, I've had far worse stomach pain in the past so it really wasnt anything new or something that I couldnt deal with.

So its nearing 5:30 (my brother is otw to pick me up since he just finished buying a new T.V nearby) and me and Matt (n1v) start playing melee. Yay, melee. One of the most mind intensive games and here I am, half dead playing melee somewhat competitevly. Sure they were just friendlies, but we were trying to win! So we play a couple rounds and then my brother shows up to pick me up. We say our goodbyes to everyone and then its time for the long 1 hour+ trip home. The problem is....my brother doesnt know the way back! So here I am thinking that I can finally just semi-sleep in the car, instead I have to take out the road map and direct him through a maze of pathways. Thankfully we managed to get on the freeway before too long.

Unfortunatly, I'm not someone that can sleep in many situations. I find it very difficult to sleep anywhere that isnt in my sweet bed. Thats the goal right now. Bed. The quicker I can get into my bed, the quicker I succeed. Anyway, we get home at something like 7:10. I enter our house and just sit on the couch while Richard is watching The Biggest Loser. I watch that until it ends and then Robert puts a movie in the DvD player. I know I SHOULD be going to be right now, but I just cant be bothered getting off the couch, going to my room, getting changed and then try to sleep. So instead, I watch the movie.

Throughout watching it I learn theres a subway bun thing that was there for me (since nobody knew I'd be having pizza). Again, my tongue and taste buds wanted it, and they got what they wanted. I coupled that with some orange juice that is somewhat old and only really drank it because there wasnt much left of it and I thought i'd finish it off. I then topped that off with a full glass of COLD water. So after 2 hours or however long the move went its now about 10:00 pm. Couple all these times with the fact that my body clock is actually 1 hour in front since daylight savings JUST SO HAPPENED to end on that day and you have a recipe for disaster. Its about this time that I go finally go to bed and get some sleep. For whatever reason, I dont sleep very well. I woke up through the night on numerous occasions. But I got through it.

Now it comes to this morning which I woke up at something like 8:00am. I would have prefered a long sleep in but thats out of my control. So I jump onto my computer since there really isnt much else for me to do (no Uni today) and I get started on trying to figure out what i'm going to do about the banned accounts. Midway through doing so. GGRERGRGRGAHHAHHAHHHAHIIIIOOUOUOEEEEEEIIIAAAAAAAAAA!!! My stomach begins its eruption of pain. Oh it hurts. It definetly hurts. So I rush to the toilet and im there for the next 15 minutes. I come back here afterwards and begin writing this massive post.

Now onto the future! Now that PAL texture hacks can be done, Richard wants me to get them on our Wii. Sure, I pretty much know exactly how to do it and im sure for most of you its not that hard. But its a little bit more annoying for me and I will explain why. You see our SD card that we use in our Wii isnt actually an SD card, instead its a card the same size as an SD card that adapts a Micro SD into it. In other words, its a Micro SD Adaptor. Now for us to put information on or off our Micro SD we need to put that into our computers which DONT have a SD card slot. So we need a USB adaptor for our Micro SD. We have 2 of these, the problem is that not long ago, both of them just stopped working for no explainable reason whatsoever.

The Laptop that we have however (that my sister uses) DOES have an SD card slot. But again another problem, its such a flawed system design that you cant have the wireless network card plugged in and take OUT the SD card at the same time. The network card blocks access to the SD card so you cant take it out once your done with it unless you take out the network card. Instead I devised a way of taking the SD card out with a pair of nailclippers. Yet another problem is that the Laptop has a password on it (that I dont know) and my sister is at school!

So putting new codes on or off the SD card once I have the laptop password entails these steps:

1. Take out SD card from wii.
2. Put SD card in Laptop.
3. Get the codes from my computer and put that on a USB.
4. Connect the USB to the laptop.
5. Take the files from the USB and put them on the SD card.
6. Use the nailclippers to take out the SD card.
7. Re-insert the Micro SD into the SD
8. Re-insert the SD card into my wii and hope for success!

Ughh its a lot harder and longer than it should be. The next problem is that I have another assignment that is due tomorrow that I dont know how to do, and I havent started :( I also have an inclass test coming up on Thursday. And now my stomach is going insane again so I think you know where ill be after this post...

Thanks for hosting again Bob. Sure my day was made more complicated than it could have been but it was my decision to come so I must accept the good and the bad that come with it. See you all around!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think that's the biggest non-tourney ruleset post ever for this thread. Sucks you're not feeling well.

I'll be bringing my Wii to the tourney.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, you should start your tournament at the normal time, 12. 12:30 at least. Otherwise there will basically be no time for friendlies. (I figure I'll be nice on everyone's eyes, the default font/font size is way too small in my opinion. If you guys want me to go back to the size that I've been using recently (size 1, this size is size 2 atm,) just let me know.)
Hmm i'd prefer that too but me, drkassasin and vlade have soccer training before the tournament which ends at like 11am.:lick:

I like the idea of a doubles tourney but will there be another entry fee to enter the tournament and how much would it cost?

And imo we should have more tournament:)

Alzi

Smash Master
Why $20 it's your time to make millions right here!

I can't wait for your tourney vlade if theres no time for a doubles tournament we could do doubles friendlies where the winning team keeps on playing other teams waiting in line. Then we can see overall who the top team is lol.

12:00 sounds good to be at the tourney and starting brawl singles at 12:30 sounds good. Then around 3-4 we finish and start doubles or do crew battles or just friendlies.

Lol @Corpsecreate day too. You should do your assignments bit by bit over each day i find it easier that way and less stressful.

Perth tourneys seem to have some tough competitions on what place to earn latley.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sorry, I can't open the venue until 1, that's just the way it is. But I'll see what I can do, it depends if Muzga is wanting to get there early so you guys can play friendlies.

By the way there will definitely be an entry fee for doubles. Last time me and Andre both won the doubles at bob's but there was no pot because everyone denied it.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Well considering we may possibly have 4 tv's active during Vlades tourney, i dont think a 1pm start wil be too much hassle considering the total time it should take to complete a tournament of say 24 people.. There should be plenty of time for doubles, which i would prefer to be for money this time around as my partner didnt take the finals as seriously and instead took the 'falcon aproach'.. Hope we can have a rematch next time round..

Top Bottom