• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey peeps..

So first off.. Nash tell your Olimar friend to man up.. As a fellow Olimar player i can tell you that there are ways to work around peoples playstyles.. Take into strong conisderation your characters weaknesses/ strengths vs their weaknesses/ strengths.. Don't forget counterpick stages and also character counterpicks (which i have recently been working on also).. Surprisingly we have quite a bit of variety in terms of characters being played, i wouldn't like to go over east and vs 5 metaknights, 3 Snakes etc, so you should take advantage of it..

The key thing to remember here is that the 8 regulars we have currently have been playing tournaments since brawl came out last year, and have had an oppurtunity to vs each other frequently, which i guess makes some matches seem effortless.. Its always exciting versing new people on the scene because its a different playstyle, different mentallity.. Remember practise makes perfect and coming to our tourneys is gonna improve your skills.. So dont be a sook, dont be 'in it to win it' while sam, is still alive, learn your Brawl..! and come to our tournaments or we wil send skillsfiretruck to your house.. And personally i know which id prefer..

Thanks for the positive feedback on my thread suggestion.. I will construct it tomorrow, posting guidelines etc on the first page and begging Mic to sticky it for us.. Ill post a link to it in this thread for anyone who wants to subscribe etc.. I WOULD do it now but i just bought Madworld so yeah, you know where ill be.. Till' tomorrow..!

BLAH..!

Jupz

Smash Master
To those who are bothered about the tier list look at corpse???? He mains the second lowest character on the tier list out of anyone in the scene (except lord bowser :p) and he wins every tourney :p

Its not THAT much based on character.

Richard7

Smash Ace
To those who are bothered about the tier list look at corpse???? He mains the second lowest character on the tier list out of anyone in the scene (except lord bowser :p) and he wins every tourney :p

Its not THAT much based on character.
Well it is, and it isn't. The tier list isn't an exact representation of how good the characters are. I don't understand why Toon Link isn't somewhere like 5-10 in the tier list. That goes for a couple of other characters. But if you can mindgame and predict your opponent enough, you can win with any character (Sam has proven that to me at home). But then there's those characters that are just stupid, like MK and Snake. Oh and I'm assuming after experiancing how lame Falco can be, everyone hates Falco right? :laugh: I don't know where Ice Climbers are ranked in the tier list, but since they have something as lame as a chaingrab, they have huge potential.

But anyway, Bob, I don't know if I'm going to yours. I'm always undecided lol.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Oh Vlade theres a 90% chance i'll be able to bring a TV if drkassasin takes me.
Wow, it looks like recently a large amount of people have joined the scene.:)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Well it is, and it isn't. The tier list isn't an exact representation of how good the characters are. I don't understand why Toon Link isn't somewhere like 5-10 in the tier list. That goes for a couple of other characters. But if you can mindgame and predict your opponent enough, you can win with any character (Sam has proven that to me at home). But then there's those characters that are just stupid, like MK and Snake. Oh and I'm assuming after experiancing how lame Falco can be, everyone hates Falco right? :laugh: I don't know where Ice Climbers are ranked in the tier list, but since they have something as lame as a chaingrab, they have huge potential.

But anyway, Bob, I don't know if I'm going to yours. I'm always undecided lol.
I LOL'ed :p <3 Falco.

Anyway looks like I have some other people I know that can come, so I'm going to be booking the room that can seat 35 people comfortably. Otherwise we're going to be too cramped in the room I'm currently going to hire.

Sounds good about the TV ravener.

Alzi

Smash Master
You tick a box that says delete message.

Also falco is fun to play but annoying to vs same goes with metaknight and snake and the others.

Oh vlade i'm 100% coming just to clarify things and where in joondalup library do we go since it's huge lol?

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ just meet me at the entrance I guess? I dunno lol. Don't worry about it.

Don't forget if you have any trouble just send me a text (keep your phone on silent in the library) and I'll come find you.

By the way since there're so many people I may be forced to book a bigger room. If we don't have enough TV's then unfortunately I'm going to have to kick some people out because it's going to cost too much to hire the bigger room + a TV for $10 an hour (rip-off).

EDIT: Nvm, people can stand. I just hope there aren't over 30 people. Don't want it TOO crowded.

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm estimating 23 people are coming. :)

$10 for an hour for a t.v is bad when you can rent t.v's from mr.rental for like $1.30

Jupz

Smash Master
Mic you have so many posts here!!! I've never even seen someone with over 10,000 and yet you have 24,000 :p And you live in the same city as me :p

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Just a friendly reminder that there is a tournament at my place this sunday for anyone who have drifted into weekend mode.. Try to get there before 12 if possible so we can get started.. Dont forget to bring pizza money also for later on.. Hope to see you guys there and dont forget to bring a spare wii and even recording equipment if you have any..

Bring your friends..

EDIT: new thread up..! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227548 Please give feedback and discussion on the stages listed for discussion..

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm going to yours Bob. Can I just post my tournament up in the new thread now?

Personally I think my rules are very good since it's very fair and there aren't too many counterpick stages and stuff. Luigi's Mansion should probably be banned but in Perth we haven't really had a problem with stalling so I guess it's ok.

EDIT: I'm not going to bring the recording equipment, because I haven't even finished uploading the vids from the last tournament >_>

Sorry about that.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
You know I always do wonder about these two stages as they are always changing weather banned or not, Hanenbow and Bridge of Elden.
I can see reasoning to ban them, but it always strikes me as weird when Hanenbow is a counter pick and Bridge of Elden isn't, eh but what can you do, maybe Im just *****ing since I use Ness lol

Anyhow RIOT are these going to be the rules for your tourney? and is there going to be doubles?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
it always strikes me as weird when Hanenbow is a counter pick and Bridge of Elden isn't
Man, you should have been to the tourney we had when it was a counterpick and Bringer's Yoshi just chaingrabbed MK the entire way of it to death. Was brilliant to see MK getting flat out owned for a change.

Uh, no offence:)

EDIT: I'll be there early but I think I might have to leave about 4ish

Muzga

Smash Ace
Man, you should have been to the tourney we had when it was a counterpick and Bringer's Yoshi just chaingrabbed MK the entire way of it to death. Was brilliant to see MK getting flat out owned for a change.

Uh, no offence:)

EDIT: I'll be there early but I think I might have to leave about 4ish
i like the way you put it. no retorts for you today;)

EDIT: I might end up staying for pizza if thats cool

xDrkAssassinx

Smash Rookie
Hey, Vlade, i think i might be able to bring a TV but only 1, and if i can bring Ravener to the tourney, he can bring another TV that equals to 2. Don't cancel the tourney, i'm looking forward to it.

Alzi

Smash Master
Wow that means there will be 4 t.v's

I see this tournament running really well reminds me of muzga's tourney he had before. Nice to see more toon links aswell.

So what part of joondalup library is it basically? Should we just meet you at the front of the library itself?

Richard7

Smash Ace
Well, thats it for me guys. The dream is over. I quit Brawl. There's no point in playing a game if its going to frustrate you. This means I'll probably never see a lot of you (if not all of you) again, which is a shame, because you guys are cool. :)

Although I might go to Vlades tournament, but not enter, just go for friendlies.

Alzi

Smash Master
If you quit then it makes things easier for others to get second place more often :( lol.

I wanted to go to tourneys and just do friendlies but vlade and jono made me change my mind and enter the tourney itself. Even though i don't play all that well it's just for fun in the end.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Yes sweet more tv's .. im still deciding who to use at the tourney but my eyes are on dedede now rofl!

@ Ric: May i ask why?

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Looks like I may be able to come to Bobs tourney after all! Turns out my uni assignment is due 3 days later than I thought it was :p Richard decided to "quit brawl" I think because he has been fighting me for an extensive period of time. More specifically, last night we played for about 4-5 hours and he won about 5-10% of the time :(

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
ouch i think he needs to take a break in between tourneys imo and have occasional duels.. that way it wont bum him out so much and hel be looking forward to comin to tourneys.. Dont forget dude you dont just vs sam @ tourneys and tbh if sam wasnt here youd be #1 imo.. anyways who cares about winning just have god**** fun..! regardless of which you should come to tourneys anyways ric..

Vlade please post your tourney in the tournament thread if you like.. remember guys to please look over it and discuss about any stages or rules we would like changed.. Ive placed Corneria in the discussion pile because of you know whos glitch.. kinda figured it forces you to ban the stage everytime you vs a TL and leaves other stages open.. anyways more discussion please.. Those will be the rules i will be using at my tourneys as theyre pretty much what we have been using anyways.. >_< only change is lylat cruise now counterpick not neutral as i have been doing lately..

Vlade

Social Outcast
I kept corneria as a counterpick, since I don't think it's ban-worthy and it would be discrimination to put it in the banned stages list just because of sam :p

Just go DDD when it's the toon link's counterpick. Or ban the stage.

Oh and bob, do we contact the same mobile number as last time?

I'll post my tournament details in the thread.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think you might be liking what I've got for you tomorow ;)

Bad news: I'll have to leave at about 3 now >.<

Top Bottom