• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Vlade

Social Outcast
I think I can come to your tournament bob.

Anyway as for my tourney, there might be doubles if there's enough time, enough TV's and enough interest. Although I'd rather have plenty of free play time for friendlies and MM's without trying to rush singles. I'd rather have a smooth tournament than trying to rush anything - particularly if we only have 2 TV's.

I'd hit some Smash 64, though wish it was on VC already
If you have homebrew, you can get it for free already. I have it on my wii :)

Oh and about the interstate thing bob... I'd be happy to help. Although they'd probably expect us to go over to the east as well, which I cannot really afford >_> Some interstate crew battles or something would be awesome though.

National Tourney in Perth anyone?

Anyway I'll update the attendance list - if you're bringing mates round just post their names so I can add them as well.

Here's the post with all the details for my tournament: Objection! 1 Details Post

EDIT: Oh and guys, I cannot STRESS how important it is to have TV's. If we don't get at least 3 TV's (preferably 4) then it will be EXTREMELY difficult and stressful to run the tournament. Please bring them.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Count me in for the tourney vlade and ill be teaming with alan if theres doubles. On the fee issue i reckon 5 & 5 for venue and singles because if theres about 15 people going then there will be a cool 150 bucks to pay the winners. We only need an hour or so of free time before and after the tourney and this will hopefully create more time if needed for singles/doubles. I am also able to bring my wii+ brawl if it needs to be used.

EDIT: I DEMAND MELEE SINGLES PL0X or at least someone to friendly me

Vlade

Social Outcast
On the fee issue i reckon 5 & 5 for venue and singles because if theres about 15 people going then there will be a cool 150 bucks to pay the winners.
The venue fee doesn't go into the pot, so there will only be a prize of $75 with a $5 entry fee.

I'll add you to the list. It's good to see you can bring your wii + brawl!

riot- wtf happened to joondulup? this is lame. I'm going to call you up tomorrow.
I feel like this is going to fail...
He wasn't going to host a tournament at joondalup in the first place.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Please note that me and vlade are two different people and our tournament dates are completely seperate.. About 3 weeks apart roughly.. I cant stress enough for people to read before posting to avoid confusion amongst other posters and themselves..

Thanks for your concern jups.. I also wish that more people could participate my tournaments as i feel i have a good setup.. I do however understand that the distance is a tad far for some players.. Anythin to keep the scene alive.. Lucky for vlade hosting ;-)

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
i'me getting this all mixed up.

so i'm not going to riot's but i am goiing to Vlades. I dunno where riots is. i'll ask my dad. ( :

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Riot's is in Port Kennedy, which is near Rockingham (about 30-40 mins south of Perth)

Btw how many people roughly confirmed for RIOT's, because doesnt look like many as of late

Alzi

Smash Master
Riot's tourney is THIS SUNDAY in his own house at Rockinham.

Vlades tourney is the first saturday of the school holidays which is in Joondalup Library.

And why do i have to go lol i'm scared you might **** me. :(

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Lmao some guys here obviously can't read so they wont even read this.

As to the tourney it should be a smashfest involving ****, im looking for melee friendlies before and after the tournament YO! and or a doubles MM with me n alzi in brawl. Entry fee is good, I'll bring my wii if people bring their TV's (we need 3 more at least people!), and hopefully I''ll take the pot home :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Good news everyone, I am assembling a small army of noobs (aka my friends) to come to your tourney Vlade, so far there is me, Keenan, Luke, Ali, Sami, and E-man (emmanuel). There may potentially be another 2-3 but we'll see. I also MAY be able to bring a TV but if i do it is small and has discolouration in the corners.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Good news everyone, I am assembling a small army of noobs (aka my friends) to come to your tourney Vlade, so far there is me, Keenan, Luke, Ali, Sami, and E-man (emmanuel). There may potentially be another 2-3 but we'll see. I also MAY be able to bring a TV but if i do it is small and has discolouration in the corners.
Oh yeah I forgot to say, if you're bringing TV's they should be small TV's. That way there's no button input lag ;)

It's great you've got more friends coming along, and I'd love you if you could bring that TV (it's a good thing ;))

I'll add your friends to the list.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Mic is there any chance on organising some kind of tournament calendar..? Also that odd girl is my fiance >< ha ha.. Anyways the more the merrier to either tournament so come to as many as you can get to.. The plan me and vlade are currently discussing is a bi-weekly hosting of tournaments.. Alternating between his venue (joondalup) and my venue (rockingham).. If all else fails for organisation i propose a pure tournament listing thread with rules allowing only the posting and subscription of future tourney

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
i'll may stick to only haveing 2 friends max coming. cause too many peeps are coming and not enough TV's.

Lord bowser try not too bring to many noobs.

Edit: I want to know how many people are coming for the whole day, the singles and how many TV's.

If there are going to be like 15 plus noobs and only like 4 TV's i ain't coming for the friendslies unless when we play friendlies it is winner stays in.

Jupz

Smash Master
I could bring a TV if I went to vlades. I want to go to vlades cause like 20 people are going :( Some people try to go to mandurah too pls :D

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't mind if vlade had 5 people there i'd still go just to have fun and play brawl offline against some others who are more skillful or equal level to me.

I have a cast on my left wrist and i'm still going. Sorta lame it had to happen around this time.

Oh and skillskillfiretruck the only noobs at brawl that live in perth is me. Hope you understand how much i **** at being noob. ;)

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind if vlade had 5 people there i'd still go just to have fun and play brawl offline against some others who are more skillful or equal level to me.

I have a cast on my left wrist and i'm still going. Sorta lame it had to happen around this time.

Oh and skillskillfiretruck the only noobs at brawl that live in perth is me. Hope you understand how much i **** at being noob. ;)

stop using the word ****. you guys are sounding like geeky losers.

You should be good offline. when i verse you online there is no lag and your good so yeah. YEAhhhhhhhh

**** lord bowser is inviting a lot of noobs.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Worse, they're sounding like american smashers :(

Incidentally, does anyone have HDMI cables? Found out that my laptop has HDMI input slots, so if anyone has any spare I'll bring my laptop and see if I can hook it up.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice

You should be good offline. when i verse you online there is no lag and your good so yeah. YEAhhhhhhhh

**** lord bowser is inviting a lot of noobs.
Geez carm down
Anyway just think of it like this more noobs = more prize money. (or in other words more money for sam:laugh:)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Dunno if I will be coming to Bobs tourney. As for Vlades tourney, its a bit early to tell but 1st impression is that I will be able to come. Sorry Bob, maybe someone else can bring over the stuff to install homebrew for you.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Firetruck can you calm down.. All this smack talk and calling people geeky losers on aherm, a super smah bros forum, is getting on my nerves.. We used to run a tournament with 24 people on 2 tvs and still have doubles matches afterwards..

Take in mind that people who are 'noobs' are learning the game just as we all did.. Everyone was once a noob so be respectful.. As ravener put it, it becomes 'easy money' for more experienced players but also gives experience to those who need it.. I know vsing Sam has made me rethink my playstyle.. Alot..

Thank for linking the calendar Mic but if its a shared one i guess it may get cluttered and confuse people.. I would like to propose a 'Perth Tournament Listings' thread.. And here is my proposal..

***PERTH TOURNAMENT LISTINGS THREAD PROPOSAL***

This proposal is for a thread to be constructed for the sole use of tournament listings and subscriptions. The rules for the thread wil be posted on the front page, as well as the official tournament rules as listed by the Smash Back Room.

The main focus of this thread is to have a direct thread for all upcoming tournaments rather than having the details scattered amongst posts and becoming 'lost' or forgotten.

This thread will only be used by those who are announcing an upcoming tournament, having subscriptions being listed in the same thread by the tournament hostee. All subscriptions will be made via Private Message to the tournament hostee, who will then in return post your name in the appropriate field.

The thread will not be used to post availability, suggestions or general chitchat to avoid clutter and allow for clear and direct access to tournament listings and player availabilities.

Please note that the thread title wil change to indicate the most recent upcoming tournament, so as to allow all players to easily see what date the next tournament is.

It is a suggestion to all those interested to then subscribe to the tournament listings thread so as to be updated every time a new tournament is announced. This suggestion is heavily recommended for everyone who wil be participating in any tournaments as it will constantly remind you to subscribe rather than say nothing and just arrive. This can be very frustrating for tournament hostees and will save confusion for everyone else involved.

In brief, this thread wil save people time, effort and energy, by having a precise, organised and uptodate record of all upcoming tourtnaments and attendees, without being mixed around with general chitchat and banter.

Heres hoping that all made sense. If it didn't send me a PM ill try to explain it better. Everyone who is for this suggestion please voice your opinion..! The sooner we have a majority vote the sooner we can get something on the road.. Please note that the above threa will be stickied if i can seduce Mic enough..

BLAH..!

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
I'm calm lolz. bowser lord that's kool if your friends are entering the tourney, DW about what i said before. .

hey Mic_28. I will bring my HDMI cables. What's the dimensions of your labtop monitor?

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
That's a great idea Riot (RIOT FOR MOD). As for the tourney I think we all agree more entrants, more money for me which I am using to save up for an Xbox 360 so if you noobs could kindly let me win I'll maybe let you have a play on it (ONLY JONHING, ID NEVER LET YOU PLAY MAUHAUAHUAHAHAHHAHA)

As for firetruck, I think **** is the 'shiz' atm cos I started it.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
All good.. Ill be bringing some recording gear to Vlades tourney as well as having recording available at my tournament also.. If Vlade isnt coming i may need another volounteer to bring some recording gear if possible otherwise only 1 tv will be recorded..

Thanks for the response Jono, im aiming at pushing the Perth scene bigger than ever.. Please see Caos Rambo to Rocky post to see what i plan for our scene to hopefully become.. Or at least close to, what with more competitions and bigger prizes.. Thats right Jono.. pure rapage..

BLAH..!

Alzi

Smash Master
Whats this?

Sam might not be coming to bobs tourny.. I just might come to your tourney then bob. :p /sarcasm

Oh and Lord Bowser try and make your friends enter the tourney not just cause we want more money in the pile later since they won't have time to play as much friendlies since all of us will be too busy with our matches if you know what i mean.

I just feel sorry for people who live far away from joondalup.

Top Bottom