• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
skillskillfiretruck doesn't want me to come then, since I'm pretty noob. I feel so left out. :(

Being serious, I will let you know Vlade if I can come exactly a week before the tourney. Is that to late to let you know, or what?

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Bah! I've hit a little snag in coming to riots tourney. Looks like I don't have a way to get there. My parents can't take me and I doubt that my friends parents can take us since they're stingey (lol jks pete if you read this). Regardless I'll try my best to come. Don't wanna miss out on the chance of getting that prize with Corpse and possibly Vlade not there. :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You could always take the train and get picked up from the station. :)

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
You could always take the train and get picked up from the station. :)
Ewwww. Public transport is for people who don't know someone that can drive lol.
(No offense to people that take public transport)
But I guess if it comes to that, I might have to. :(

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
yeah good idea. Invite as many noobs as you can. Increase the entry fee to 20$ PLZ or 10$ or sumthing.
FOR VLADES.

got milk you can come lolz. I'm going bring my shuriken lolz.

I am really confident i will win this tourney. and will make bets against people i verse at the time.

Hope no robbers come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! robbers kiss dobbers, as the kinders say.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
yeah good idea. Invite as many noobs as you can. Increase the entry fee to 20$ PLZ or 10$ or sumthing.
FOR VLADES.

got milk you can come lolz. I'm going bring my shuriken lolz.

I am really confident i will win this tourney. and will make bets against people i verse at the time.

Hope no robbers come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! robbers kiss dobbers, as the kinders say.
Hey skillfire truck i think u're being waaay to over confident. And trust me u dont wanna be too over confident, I know from experience.
And Vlade is going to Riot's just to let everyone know.

Jupz

Smash Master
Please don't get too cocky firetruck, you don't know anything till you get there ;) On the 10% chance I have a bye in basketball the week vlades is on, I'd like to do heaps of MM's. :D

Anyway so I'm just wondering who everyone mains???

Riot - Olimar
Vlade - Falco
Jupz - King Dedede
Gnasch - Diddy
Mic - Pokemon Trainer
Richard - MK/Snake now did he say??
Corpse - Tlink
Muzga - MK
Alzi - Tlink
Fire Truck - Lucas???
Ravener - Rob??
Niven - Rob
Pete278 - G&W
Alex - Peach?
Gotmilk - Mario
Lord Bowser - Bowser

Anyone I missed?

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Please don't get too cocky firetruck, you don't know anything till you get there ;) On the 10% chance I have a bye in basketball the week vlades is on, I'd like to do heaps of MM's. :D

Riot - Olimar
Vlade - Falco
Jupz - King Dedede
Gnasch - Diddy
Mic - Pokemon Trainer
Corpse - Tlink
Muzga - MK
Alzi - Tlink
Fire Truck - Lucas???
Ravener - Rob??
Niven - Rob
Pete278 - G&W
Alex - Peach?
Gotmilk - Mario
Lord Bowser - Bowser

Anyone I missed?
You missed Drkassasin who mains tlink
And i main pika/ROB/lucario/GaW so yer.... just next to my name put down random.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Date Change

Guys I'm really sorry, but I would prefer to run the tourney on the 12TH APRIL ON THE SUNDAY.

It is going to be too stressful for me to host the tournament on the saturday.

Does this change anyone's plans? I hope not.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Guys I'm really sorry, but I would prefer to run the tourney on the 12TH APRIL ON THE SUNDAY.

It is going to be too stressful for me to host the tournament on the saturday.

Does this change anyone's plans? I hope not.
Hmmm the might be a problem coz its on easter sunday.

Muzga

Smash Ace
april 12th works fine for me. i just want to get my **** on;)
im doing mm's people
5 bucks a pop

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I want some Melee friendlies. I havent played Melee actively since brawl came out but Melee is fun! WHO IS WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Mic. do you have any idea if those texture hacks through homebrew channel and SD card can be done on a PAL game yet? I really wanna get some of the hacks going on my wii, will be awesome :)

Alzi

Smash Master
I won't do money matches i'm only entering brawl singles and doubles if there are doubles for vlades tourney.

I don't mind what day you make it Vlade since it's close and i can come anyway. I got some news i get my cast of on 14th of April i raged when i heard that from the doctor lol.

So i have an excuse for loosing or playing bad now ;).

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Vlade that should be okay although i may be headin away for easter if its that weekend ill let you know..

As for tournouts for my tourney.. Just doin a rough estimate on participation.. So myself, mic, niv, muzga, vlade, ric? Jupz? Nash and his pals (id like to know how many) cal, bacon fingers (new pk smasher), glenn? Alex? Thats roughly 14 people if all uh question marked names participate and if nash brings his same 2 mates as last time.. Please let me know guys so i can get a roster ready..

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh and Mic. do you have any idea if those texture hacks through homebrew channel and SD card can be done on a PAL game yet? I really wanna get some of the hacks going on my wii, will be awesome :)
Haven't seen any PAL, or even Japanese codes for it yet :( As soon as they do have em I'll fire ya aPM. Hopefully they're done before this weekend.

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
Ohh dear, I forgot all together about Easter! I can't come to either the Saturday or Sunday to Vlades tourney, cause I'm going camping with mates for the long weekend to celebrate one turning 18. Sorry about that, didnt know easter was this close :| Although maaaad props for holding one at Joundalup, I'll be 95% certain to go to the next one if you choose to do another one!

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I want some Melee friendlies. I havent played Melee actively since brawl came out but Melee is fun! WHO IS WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES, YES AND YES! I wana play melee against other people cos wen me and vlade went to alans house vlade brought the pain upon my foolish ways. I just hope your as noob at it as I am!! As to the tournamento I strongly disaprove of it being on Sunday and of any date changing at all! It confuses the lesser ones too much. TO SKILLFIRETRUCKNOOBGUY: Your not going to win the tournament lmao. Its your first, you play online and you spam like a *****. As to me I am going to win the tournament and pocket the winnings( only jokes i just dont wana come last lolcaekes)

Pete278

Smash Lord

Riot - Olimar
Vlade - Falco
Jupz - King Dedede
Gnasch - Diddy
Mic - Pokemon Trainer
Corpse - Tlink
Muzga - MK
Alzi - Tlink
Fire Truck - Lucas???
Ravener - Rob??
Niven - Rob
Pete278 - G&W
Alex - Peach?
Gotmilk - Mario
Lord Bowser - Bowser

Anyone I missed?
I prob. won't be playing G&W at the next one. I only played G&W because Gnasch wouldn't let me play Weegee :p. So, at the next one, I'll either be IC or Weegee, IC if I can get the harder chaingrabs right.

Jupz

Smash Master
:|

Great, a ice climbers in perth :|

Lol jk its all good its just that now we have everyone that is good against king dedede except pika :) I'd prefer if you played weegee. Also vlade thats ok :( i can make it if its on easter sunday, but probably not saturday.

Riot - I kinda forgot about trying to organise to come to this tourney cause I thought I was gonna meet everyone at vlades :( I will see what I can do but Im not very sure.

If someone holds a tourney during the school holidays (except the first saturday cause I got basketball) i can definatly come.

finally I get to use my sig cause my post is bigger then it :D

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alright, if we have enough TV's then we can have one station set up for melee.

Please bring your TV's.

Oh and count me in at your place bob, although I'm not bringing the recording equipment because I haven't even finished uploading the vids from the last tournament :( Private schools ftl.

Anyway EADP and Muzga, you're on for MM's.

EDIT: WTF I might actually have to strategically counterpick Metaknight against a character other than olimar. IC's **** falco.

Jupz

Smash Master
And D3. I'm gonna use marth :)

I might be able to bring a TV to vlades but I can't go. I *MIGHT* have a bye because its easter saturday. If i do ill be there :)

I doubt ill be able to bring a TV down to mandurah.

I'll be taking any MM's for any amount of money.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Jupz ever heard of simply not going rofl? You can just say your sick to the team or something.. You have matches every week, but this, this is the start of the perth smash community!!!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Oh and bob, I LOVE that idea for a new thread for tournament listings only.

Make it now ;)

And yes, hope you can make it Jupz, we need more TV's. It's ok to skip basketball once in a while isn't it? ;)

Jupz

Smash Master
I'd rather go to basketball ;) plus one of my teams only has 6 members, i have two games each saturday so it would be unfair to the other players.

PS. I love that idea riot

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Rawt, but Pete can't come this weekend and Pikm said, and I quote "got sick of people thinking they were good because they played god tier characters and spammed chain grabs, and im not paying money to be owned because people do stuff like that, no offence to anyone". He asked me to post this. lol
And I'm still trying organize the trip down there so there's a 75% ish I'll be there.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Sorry Rawt, but Pete can't come this weekend and Pikm said, and I quote "got sick of people thinking they were good because they played god tier characters and spammed chain grabs, and im not paying money to be owned because people do stuff like that, no offence to anyone". He asked me to post this. lol
And I'm still trying organize the trip down there so there's a 75% ish I'll be there.
He's sick of it after 1 tournament? Imagine me, I've been to like 10 (lost count now). But yeah, Brawl is not balanced.

Vlade

Social Outcast
According to Sirlin, that's the mentality of a scrub.

And mic's right, there's always going to be a few characters that are a cut above the rest in every fighter game.

Toby.

Smash Master
Eh, Sirlin's theory isn't always entirely practical. For example if you "play to win" you should pick metaknight and start planking as soon as you get a % lead. Lets all do that for super happy fun times.

Top Bottom