• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I was suggesting running your event as a GG State Qualifier, since someone has to do it for WA in Jan/Feb 09 if the state wants to be a part of the national circuit :) I ain't stealing nutin' ~ In fact it's probably WA's best chance of hosting a big national tourney, since you'll fund players to go to Victoria and win the rights to host the next big one :estatic: it's a win-win situation!

But I suppose Cal and Mic are the WA reps so they might want to be hosting the SQ instead... I'll leave that to you guys to decide <3

Muzga

Smash Ace
like i said, im glad to help organise and pay for stuff. if were looking at a larger tournament, itll take more then just one person to hold everything together. im currently looking at venues and asking around.

I recall a while back i had some friends that were into yugioh (yeah i know.. ugh...) but apparently they had a venue booked out for a tournament and had about 60-65 people come. it was also in the city. they managed to get sponsorship by al's card shop in the city. apparently al's card shop paid for the venue and it cost everyone 10$ to enter a tournament. The card shop saw potential profit in holding these tournaments so they set up a desk there where you could buy booster packs and trade your rare cards for more booster packs. they made money by selling the rare cards for 30-40$ each. they made a huge profit until everyone lost interest.

My point is, if we can get gametraders to help us out it could definitely be a mutually beneficial step.
And niven, if theres gonna be a national you are NOT hosting it by yourself:p i dont care what you say, shotgun second host!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Man, I remember Al's cardshop. Still go in there from time time to time. They were great when I was doing the Pokemon TCG.

Muzga

Smash Ace
And since when did all the videos HAVE to go to his youtube account? it doesnt matter which account theyre on, as long as theyre up i guess:p

Synnic

Smash Rookie
Official brawl tournament without the stupid rules Nintendo set up? Yes please...though i probably can't contribute much more, other than my overjoyed acceptance for such an idea, at least not at the current time.

As for those who have suggested the idea of assisting in the video encoding/uploading, any help is greatly accepted, to my knowledge i THINK the doubles tournament videos are uploaded already, but Cal- just hasn't made the post (i could be wrong here).

The second Smasheroo (when we used that name for the first time) videos have already been encoded as well, just not sure whether Cal- has gotten around to uploading them yet, if anyone feels like volunteering, the link to the uploaded zip files of all the encoded videos and named accordingly can be found here http://files.filefront.com/Smasheroo+2+Renderedrar/;11796299;/fileinfo.html its roughly 1gb in size.

And the third smasheroo (2nd time using the name) that happened just last week...is on hiatus at the moment, nothing's encoded or renamed to reflect the matchs. Uni and stuff has caught up with me and ive been rather busy lately (those WAR guys can vouch for this, ive barely been on lately >.<).

So yeah...if you see anything that you'd like to help out with, drop a message or something and we'll work from there.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Tonight I can upload the Smasheroo 2 vids since I have some spare internet usage left.
I wouldn't mind encoding and uploading the Smasheroo 3 vids either, I just need some instructions on how to encode, as well as naming all of the videos.

When I'm finished with uploading Smasheroo 2 I'll just edit this post with the link.

EDIT: Looks like the download is gonna take a long time, so they'll be uploaded tomorrow

EDIT2: Sorry guys looks like I don't have enough usage left so I can't download the vids. I'll try again tomorrow.

Muzga

Smash Ace
just about the "official WA tournament" discussion, i was thinking something along similar lines to sydney's "dont come"
for me, id love to help out paying for a tourny and stuff like i said, but ONLY if we can get enough people. do you think we could get enough people

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I'm in for Melee Singles, Brawl Singles and Brawl Doubles. Richard will be my partner for the Brawl doubles, our team name is Team Godot. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :p :p :) :p :/ >< ^^ :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:(:p:psycho::urg::confused::lick::confused::p:ohwell:;):):bee::laugh::mad::lick::psycho::urg::chuckle::mad::ohwell::dizzy::embarrass:(:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::p:(:bee::):(:mad::chuckle::p:psycho::urg::confused::confused::chuckle::p:ohwell::dizzy::embarrass:(;):laugh:

Mmmmmm Colours!

Muzga

Smash Ace
why havent you put me on the list yet niv?
Ill be joining the brawl singles
Brawl doubles
And melee singles.
(hopefully we hear from eric soon, as to whether or not hes still willing to be my partner after the disaster last time:p)
we'll have to do our gotgames thing at your tourny niv!:D
care to raise the stakes and additionally make it a 5 or 10$ MM?:p

Its your choice, let me know if you think you are man enough.

EDIT: since eric wont be coming to your tourny, sadly i am looking for a new partner for this upcoming tourny! add me to the friendless list:(

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Updated.

Our GG match is this Saturday, the tournament is a week after. I'll $1 MM (I'm broke >_>) you at my tournament if you want.

Please let me know if you can bring a Wii with Brawl. I am hoping to have as many TVs running as possible.

Muzga

Smash Ace
1$ it is!!!
I look forward to playing against you soon niv!
Thank you for agreeing to host. just a reminder, dont mean to be a pain in the arse, but im doing the brawl singles too:p
Bringing pal brawl, melee and a cube!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Hey Eric, I can download the videos now but if I click on the link it just goes to filefront homepage. It didn't do that earlier this week. Think you could do something so I can download the files?

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey dudes when is your tourney NIV..? im home till next tuesday so if its this weekend then count me in PLEASE..!@!@! erm if theres doubles goin on ill speak to the lads bout it n see whats doing.. Id be up for doubles if i can nab a team mate..

Erm whats happening about the smasheroo vids btw..? i havent seen any new tourney vids up for ages so jus wondering if they still exist cause id love to grab the ones i played for personal collection.. ^.^ Any info on this would be GREAT..!

Also QQ at the tactical discussion on Olimar, Mic you let me down man.. You cut me deep and now my Olimar is focused at YOU..!! Nah jokes but yeh lame nonetheless i wrote an angry reply.. >.> Anyways hope to catch you all SOON..!!

BLAH..!

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
hey count me and glenn in for melee, brawl doubles and brawl singles thanks, obviously teaming up for doubles

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey dudes when is your tourney NIV..? im home till next tuesday so if its this weekend then count me in PLEASE..!@!@!
Yup, it's this Saturday.

Also QQ at the tactical discussion on Olimar, Mic you let me down man.. You cut me deep and now my Olimar is focused at YOU..!! Nah jokes but yeh lame nonetheless i wrote an angry reply.. >.>
Wait what?

Muzga

Smash Ace
Hey nivvy poo. just letting you know that Matt is coming and he will be paricipating in the brawl singles.
Whether or not he joins the doubles depends on whether or not his brother michael comes too or not. for that i am not sure. put matt down for the singles.

So bob: you still interested in having me bring my season one dvd of heroes?
also, if you dont already have one id be glad to partner up with you.

Mic: yeah ill have your wavebird thingy on saturday.im also gonna be bringing the first 4 episodes of season 3 of heroes on a usb if you want it.
It is such an epic season:D:D:D:D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic: yeah ill have your wavebird thingy on saturday.im also gonna be bringing the first 4 episodes of season 3 of heroes on a usb if you want it.
It is such an epic season:D:D:D:D

That would be awesome!

Maoriz

Smash Rookie
put me on the list plz
Brawl Singles> Maoriz
Brawl Doubles> Maoriz and Jeza(team)

is it a double elimination tourney?

not 100% sure if we can make it, but most likely. will confirm tonight

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Yes it is a double elimination. Each match is a best of 3 matches, if you lose 2 of the 3 matches you will go into the losers bracket. If you lose 2/3 times again in a match then you are out completely. So, its at least 4 losses until you are completely knocked out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We should make a rule for Sam. 4 losses ever and he's always out :)

Maoriz

Smash Rookie
jeza and i are definitely coming. double elimination is good.

someone pls tell me that "team attack is on" is a typo

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, haven't really had much of a computer lately, got a new one made after my old one died on me and it turns out to crash more than my other one :(
Hopefully it'll work now >.>

Unfortunately I'm unable to make it to the tourney, Bob wanted me to let yous know that he's going to be there,however , so put him down.

Bob also wanted to ask if you want to team up with him for the doubles, Muzga.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
HEY DUDES..!! il catch tomozz guys..!! Muzga id love to team up with you if you need a partner we would DOMINATE.. :@ Sorry i couldnt sendja a msg but ive been out all day an jus got home..

ANYWAYS.. Muzga would u mind bringing heroes 1 + 2 for me so i can smash em on my HD an burn em up to watch..? ill bring it this time haha so i can get some vids n stuff off ppl.. Also whoever has the last tourney vids id love to grab some off ya..

Catch tomozz peeps.. BLAH..!

Also Mic i was joking about you.. But yeah lame Olimar broomer comments are lame.. Needs more love imo.. /flower

Muzga

Smash Ace
okay. bringing all of heroes tomorrow then!! youre getting the firs 4 episodes of season 3., so youll be ahead of the episodes theyve aired here already.
Anyway, it turns out that Matt wants to participate the doubles, but his brother can't come. hes working (HAH! FOOL!) since im partnered up with bob (and because he's still got a long way to go as far as smash is concerned) id prefer to have bob as a partner. that being said, would anyone else care to team up with a fresh new dedede main?

I was also thinking about team names! since it was never really used, how about "the funky whales" bob?
hip and stylish!!

YAY! CALS BACK! i thought you died cal! im gonna hold another tournament when bobs next in town. i dont care if you can or can't, you ARE coming!

Official post comes after i ask my folks and after nivs tourny, along with when i know bobs gonna be in town next!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeh it would be awesome if I could get last tourney's vids too, it would be great to just put them onto my sd card or something.
I could even upload them to youtube if required.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Haha funky whales..! Babbs suggested the 'peanut butter cupcakes'... i was thinking 'the hebrew hitsquad'..
Thanks heaps for brining those eps down ill bring some blank dvds n stuff too.. :p cyas there..!!

BLAH..!

ah yeh forgot to add.. ill bring my wii and might be catchin the train so will let u know tomorro early..

Vlade

Social Outcast
Thanks for hosting n1v. It's a shame that we didn't have recording gear for sam's comeback against me in falco dittos lol.

And steve, we rocked in doubles! Hope to team with you again next time if you don't mind.

Look forward to your tourney muz, any idea when it is?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Good evening PERTH, I'm making a Character Rank list for the Australia region, and have been gathering results for Australian Brawl tournaments throughout Australia.

If you guys could fill me in on the top 8 from all the brawl singles tournaments you've had in the past 3 months (throughout August, September and October) with character usage, and the number of entrants that would be great.

Thanks for your help :)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
The best person to list the top 8 would be probably be someone that has the videos for all of the matches. I can remember the final 3 for pretty much all of the tourneys but thats about it :(

Top Bottom