• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Oh nice work Niv thanks a bunch dude an ill be looking forward to smashing it out at yours next tourney.. Once again.. thanks to everyone who participates and everyone who has been motivated to hold tournaments and help out in the overall process.. I definately feel that since the first tourney things have grown so quickly and its been a worthwhile community to step into, what with making new friends, being converted into WAR and constant tourneys etc..

Everyone has improved so much since that first tourney and things are becoming so heated and competitive, matches are lasting longer and becoming so fierce even with people stepping out into more varied choices of their CP stages instead of the usual 'neutral' stages (thank you norfair).. Niv hopefully i get to verse you cause ill be looking forward to a Hanenbow or even a pictochat CP..

Ill see you WAR peeps online later this week..

BLAH..

Muzga

Smash Ace
If you wouldnt mind itd be good to play against you again before you leave bob. if you wanna have a small meet im definitely up for it!

Next tournament at mine is gonna be on the 27th of september (thats 11 days from now) and it'll be more-or-less the same format. let people know now, and feel free to sign up if you want to come. official post comes when i finish work today.

Sorry bob, you wont be able to come to my tourny:(
at least therell be another one on when youre in town though!:D
So yeah, regular rules apply!

And this time eric gives no lifts! i promise!!!!!!!
but there will be lifts from the station as usual. (my mum impulsively went on a trip to africa:p)

Perth is about to have a tournament bonanza!
Tell your friends!

(oh, and yosh_miester, yes that was me you played against at the connection tour. its a small world. bring your DS next time and if we get bored we can pull out the pokemans. that goes for everyone.)

woo!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hah yeah dude i was contemplating having some more matchups against people before i left via wi-fi but im not sure how well it works.. any feedback would be sweet.. Muzga id love to duel you again but i doubt youll get points from me now.. >< Im pretty impressed by how many wins youve had.. If youd like we can have some friendlies via wifi to see how well the system works via long distance seeing im like an hour or so away from your place.. WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOUR FACE..!

BLAH..!

Muzga

Smash Ace
Smasharoo 3!
Muzga's revenge!!!!!!!

*** Saturday September 27th ***
*** 9 parin Rd- Marangaroo ***

Entrance:
$5 to enter in to the tournament, if you don’t want to enter you are still welcome to come down and watch/play some non tournament matches.

Signup:
In order to register, please contact me (Andre) on 0421 744 909 or let me know in this forum or via PM, once I have received confirmation of your entry I will add you to the list. Please try to let me know as soon as possible, it can be quite difficult to organize brackets with odd numbers – especially when I’m unsure of the final amount of people turning up.

Start time:
12 noon – it is recommended that you arrive at least half an hour early though, so we are able to begin on schedule, I will be there from 9:00 am setting up. if anyone wants to come and help, come early to bring recording gear or play a few friendlies before the tourny starts, its your call. all help is appreciated!

Prize:
$5 entrance split 80/20 1st + 2nd place

Rules:
Each match will be 3 stock 7 minute time limit. Items are off.

Each set will be decided through a best of 3 series of games with the Advanced Slobs counter-picking system. The format of this system is as follows:

For the first game of the set, both players announce their character that they will be using without the other player knowing (optional).
The map is decided in one of two ways, if both players are able to agree on a neutral map then that one will be played, if the players are unable to agree on a map then it shall be decided through the game’s random function, which only contains maps on the neutral list.

For the second and third game, the format is a bit different. The loser of the previous game first picks the map that will be played, this can be from the neutral or counter-pick list. Once the map has been selected the winner of the previous game chooses their character, the loser – who has chosen the map – chooses their character last.

The Neutral and Counter-pick stage list is as follows:

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpick Stages
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet(D)
Pictochat
Green Greens
Delfino Plaza (D)
Mario Circuit (D)
Onett (D)
Green Greens (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)
Bridge of Eldin (D)
Corneria (D)
Hanenbow (N)

BANNED
All other stages

*(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.
*(N) signifies the stage is selectable as a counterpick by niven. this stage may only be used if both players agree.

*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

*No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

*No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

We will be having two televisions running the tournament matches. Like last time, i dont have any recording devices, so its up to YOU if you want the matches recorded:p

I'm gonna try to get that second TV working between not and at the next tourny, but if youre feeling generous and you decide to go ahead and bring a tv it'd help heaps. ideally we should have 3 tv's there. 2 for recording, one for guitar hero/other games/friendlies while the competitions underway. that being said, it's up to all of us to make this dream a reality:p

Currant Entrants List:
Muzga
Kewl_niven
Vlade
Yosh_meister
Synnic
Ichigo
Glenn
Rowan
Corrup7
Sam
Daterian
Marteh
Corpsecreate
Dan
Matt
Confound
Mic_128
Maoriz
Vnzo

In order to set this tournament up and make it work im going to need the support i had last time. thanks to everyone who helped out last time. hopefully this works out again:p. this means i'll need a spare tv and wii or two! if you want to help, id more then appreciate it.

I'm hoping for a better turnout this time, so spread the word and get back to me if you want to come/bring others who want to come.

Woo! another one!
We (and i dont mean eric! no! i promise!!!) will be offering lifts from warwick station and back for anyone who wants to come along!

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow (N)

*(N) signifies the stage is selectable as a counterpick by niven. this stage may only be used if both players agree.
XD

Best tourney rule ever. Here's hoping that I face Mic so we can use it. ^_^

Count me in + TV.

The tourney at my place on the 11th Oct will be doubles and singles. (I'm even thinking of having Melee singles too)

Time shouldn't be as much of an issue as I already have 3 TVs I can use for the tournament. If someone can bring 1 more TV there should be enough time to add Melee singles. I would also need 3 Wiis for Brawl. >_>

Vlade

Social Outcast
Pretty certain I can come. Please add me to the list!
I will probably be needing a lift from the station, if I do I'll call you and let you know Muzga. I wouldn't mind being picked up early to help set up and play some friendlies if that's ok.

It's great to see a smash base developing in perth - about time I get into the competitive scene.

Also, was there recording equipment last time? I would love to have my matches recorded, too bad I couldnt offer to bring any equipment. Anyone know a place that sells recording equipment cheaply?

Muzga

Smash Ace
Okay sweet! Mic, you know what to do:p
(title change please:p)
Lifts from station are teh fine. keep the entries coming!

Edit: usually cal and jon bring along their recording devices. eric and cal have their laptops and they just hook up their devices to the TV.

That being said, itd be convenient if i could get my own recording device. that way i could record thwese tournaments, but i could also record season 3 of heroes in high definition when it comes on tv. (woo! i love heroes!)

Im also interested in buying a recording device. preferably a good one!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
So to all those who are playing WAR.. what class will you be rolling and why..? Ill be looking at rolling either Black Orc, D.O.K or Magus..

Dude heroes looks mad but i still havent watched it yet.. might have to get some of it on my HD..

BLAH..!

Muzga

Smash Ace
well, ive got the box set so i could bring it to nivens tournament. any way of extracting the video files from a dvd?:p

Oh, Yosh_miester.. youve been added to the list. Have you got any friends youd like to have along as well?

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
WEEE!!! Just should I should mentioned that a "No Tripping" code for PAL brawl has been released and im gonna test it out to see if it works tomorrow (its too late atm). Yay for no tripping!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
well, ive got the box set so i could bring it to nivens tournament. any way of extracting the video files from a dvd?:p
I may know someone who might coughcough. :)

And Muz, check your group memberships.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Sweet! looks good in blue. cheers mic!:D
But yeah, even if you're a regular, if youre not on the list i still need confirmation, so let me know.

Synnic

Smash Rookie
Alrighty all the videos of the 2nd Smasheroo tournament (i think thats what we're call it now...) have been encoded and is in the process of being passed onto Cal-, managed to quickly do them all before WAR starts. *does happy dance*

Sign me up for the Muzga and n1v tournaments, im pretty certain id be there.

And in reply to Bob (should this be discussed here? oh well...), i'll be playing a DoK, why? 'cause i wanna heal

Yosh_miester

Smash Rookie
Oh, Yosh_miester.. youve been added to the list. Have you got any friends youd like to have along as well?

My friend rowan may be coming again, and i might be getting 2 robs, one of them actually plays R.O.B. XD but yeh ill keep u updated on their chance of appearing.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Muzga

Smash Ace
Oh okay. sweet!
Eric, ive added you to the list.
Yosh meister, keep me posted. im only gonna add them to the list once theyre without a doubt confirmed:p
That goes for everyone

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
hey count me and glenn in 4 ur tourny muzga not sure if i can make other 1, also are the doubles videos up yet if they are cn some1 give me a link?

Muzga

Smash Ace
okays. youve been added to the list!
any moar?
Edit: besides sam, im willing to 5-10$ MM anyone who comes to my next tourny after the regular proceedings are finished. any and akll MM's would preferably be recorded

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
My only question is why does every tourney have to be on a Saturday? lol
Anyway I'll most likley show for the September 27th one, it's not definant yet but yeahhhhhh..

Yosh_miester

Smash Rookie
Well one of the robs (not the one that uses ROB) has already applied, just found out that he was the chidorishuriken person who posted here a bit earlier.

Rowan can come again, and now just waiting on the rob who uses ROB :p

Muzga

Smash Ace
Once it's definite I'll add you to the list. let me know when you're sure you can come
EDIT: Dont forget about the gotgames ladder guys! its still cool for you to sign up,
seriously. were like the least active state atm. get out there and challenge a few people/let me add the wins from the lat smasharoo to my tally.

Daterian

Smash Cadet
I'll come along and i'll bring sam with me ^^. I would dearly love to do some gotgames matchs cause i srsly have no idea what im doing with it.

Yay WAR ^^. Bob and co. what server are you playing on?
Jon, Dan, Sam, myself and others are all on Anlec (RvR Oceanic). I'm playing a Zealot, Sam is a Sorc (he loves being able to kill himself), Jon is a Chosen, and Dan is a Squig Herder.

Muzga

Smash Ace
4-6 hours depending on how quickly things start.
Sam, Daterian and marteh have been added to the list
keep them coming

Muzga

Smash Ace
I know! That was the other sam i was referring to!
corpse, youve been added to the list!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
AH-huh..! the twins..! yeah i rolled on anlec as a marauder cause vikings + mutations are freaking cool.. might try a blorc soon tho.. names disdain so invite us or whatever.. :p

As for the gotgames matches id like to do some more against people maybe this sunday via online battles...? anyone else up for this.. send me a tell and well organise some times..

BLAH..!

TunaInTheBrine

Smash Rookie
oo yay glad you decided to join us on WAR Bob =D and freaking congrats on the 3rd placing at the last tourney, much respect bro! *waves bob flag* (and that should put an end to speculation about who the better oli is ;) LoL)

I should be able to make the next tourney.. but that's the first day of the royal show and I'm pretty sure Alex and I are performing there that afternoon.. I could be wrong though, I'll get more info and get back to you guys.

Muzga

Smash Ace
youre on the list dan! woo!
if your name isnt on the list and you can definitely come, when you know, get back to me.

EDIT: anyone up for some sweet MM action?

EDIT2: To these people:
Cal
Brax
Mic
Richard
Bringer/quetz

Let me know if you can/want to come. we need moar entries!

also, even if you've said that you mnight like to come to this tournament, it's still helpful to post again/PM me and let me know if you are definitely coming, or at least to let me know if you cant make it for whatever reason.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Okay, confound youve been added to the list.
Matt (girlfriends younger bro) will be coming again too.

Top Bottom