• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
You could still probably start on time and just start matches on my TV when I arrive. I might have to have my match later in the round, if that is possible. <_<

Edit: 1000th topic post. ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll bring my Wii along for some Koopa and Zenigame action.

Muzga

Smash Ace
ill save a spot for you then nivsy wivsy!

(oh, mic! i just realised, none of the guys from marangaroo have played against you in brawl yet have they? you interested in some friendlies while were at mine?)

Muzga

Smash Ace
oh nice! moar people!:D
Glad to have you on board for our next tournament raymond!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
ill save a spot for you then nivsy wivsy!

(oh, mic! i just realised, none of the guys from marangaroo have played against you in brawl yet have they? you interested in some friendlies while were at mine?)
dunno, but sure, always up for friendlies :D

Muzga

Smash Ace
dunno, but sure, always up for friendlies :D
woo!:D

ive decided its easiest just to name the tournies i hold after my suburb, so this tournament will be called marangaroo Brawl 2.
abbreviate it as much as you like.

EDIT: bringing a TV again??
I think i love you niv!

nohomo

Muzga

Smash Ace
okay, dan! come out of hiding! i paid for you last time:p

Woo! 4 days to go!!
Please try to get a few more people to come!

In other news, i just got my shiny, new white controller from play asia. still getting used to the new controller feel. its weird!

OMG more wub for nivvy poo!
Smasharoo it is!

Daterian

Smash Cadet
I will probably pop in around 3:15 after my rehersal stuff, so hopefully ill get to watch some awesome 1 on 1 action :p. On a side note, what do we need to do for the gotgames tournie? Is it a game each week that you need to post the results of or something?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
On a side note, what do we need to do for the gotgames tournie? Is it a game each week that you need to post the results of or something?
Once you sign up and join the WA ladder, you can challenge as many people as you want and then record who won/lost. The only limitation I can see is you can't fight the same person twice in a 12 hour period.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Sweet:D
Youve been added to the list sam
I also have confirmation that my girlfriend's younger brother will be coming as well.
His name's matthew.
(im just saying tis in case anyone wonders who he is)

Synnic

Smash Rookie
yay i finally finished all the doubles tournament video encodes, but seeing how close it is to the next tournament this saturday, i was thinking of passing these videos onto you Cal, when we meet up then - save us the trouble of uploading and downloading them.

So if you're fine with that, bring along some sort of data storage device and we can work from there...and as a thought, seeing as the opportunity is presenting itself, if anyone else wants a copy of the encoded videos, bring a usb drive along or something, they're only roughly 700mb for the whole set.

Other than that, see you all saturday.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Okay ive got a second TV at my place. my brother lent it to me, which means things wont be going slowly until niv arrives!

Is everyone okay with it if i put niv last on the brackets? (so its more likely he'll be here when its his turn to play)

(one last thing: cal, could you send me a template for tournament brackets? I dont think anyone was very fond of my hand drawn ones:p)
Rest assured, this time the brackets will be on the wall

EDIT: Niv! please still bring your TV/360/whatever. thatll give everyone something else to do if they get bored/lose!

Muzga

Smash Ace
sadly we havent got one planned at the moment, but if nobody else is holding one i will try to in the next month.

Its a shame, what we really need is moar people!
Ah well, maybe next time!

joshskelton90

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some smash friends who I can play online with, I live in Perth as well. I'm fairly new to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Josh

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you're able to, come on down to the tourney! Even if you just want to swing by, say hi and play a few friendlies so you can get into the swing of it :D

And if you're in the need of lifts from the train station nearby that's fine, and if you've got parents worried about you meeting "teh evilz!" on the internets, (as far as I'm aware) it's fine if they want to come and check us out themselves. I know that's what started off with us aaages ago :D

Muzga

Smash Ace
Hey Josh!
Woo! more perthians!

Mic beat me to the punch there!:p
If you're interested, there is actually a tournament on this saturday. its not online though.
Deets are on the top of page 67!

But yeah, glad to meet you josh!

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my portable HDD along so I can get a copy of my matches. (and hopefully some anime from Mic ^_^)

I'll still bring my TV + 360.

I don't start golf until 7:40am (late start, I usually tee off before 7 <_<) so I might be a bit later than I anticipated. >_< I'll send you or someone a message letting you know what's going on.

Edit: I might be able to host a tourney in a few weeks. It would be nice to not have to drive to a tourney for once. >.>

Muzga

Smash Ace
fair enough!

Youve still got my contact number right?
(that settles it. youre going last:p)

EDIT: Mandurah tourny? i can dig it!
EDIT2: What anime are you guys into?:p
EDIT3: Hoping for an influx of last minute entries like last time. im also unsure if richard plans on coming this time around? anyone know? (hopefully samuel hasnt broken his spirit too much:p)

heilar

Smash Rookie
hi

just letting you know that ill be coming to the tourney..... this'll be my first.... from Rowan

Muzga

Smash Ace
Yay! more entries!
Raymond: thats fine! ill just need some way of identifying you! (also, when you get to/near the station, contact me on 042174409,
Rowan: glad to have you on board this time around!
I'm adding richard to the list because im assuming he'll come. if he's not there i'll be one sad panda.
Dan: any last minute entries for any of your friends like last time???

and you owe me five bucks:p no i havent forgotten

Muzga

Smash Ace
woo! 11 hours to go!
Anyone who wants to come early may! just arrive after 10.00 and before 12.00. i wont be home before 10.00 (out buying food for everyone:p)

Take care guys! see ya there!

(ill be printing out the brackets and everything at 10.00 in the morning. if you want to register (or register other people) last minute, please do it before 11.00 today (tourney day) or ill be very sad.

but yeah, looking forward to some great competition today!

if anyone is going to be absent, let me know.
And dont be frightened to register just because its last minute! ive got everything covered.

Take care guys!
-andre

TunaInTheBrine

Smash Rookie
Ah crap I'm really sorry guys but something has come up :( I won't be able to make it tomorrow (well today >_<).. I'll cya guys soon, hope it goes well!

ps. I'll give you your money next time andre =p well I might be able to drop in later in the day so we'll see. Sorry bro!

Muzga

Smash Ace
gah!:p
curse you dan!!!!
Oh, by the way. new tradition. whoever comes 3rd wins a toblerone
now were serious!

heilar

Smash Rookie
another smasher for ur perthian list

name: rowan
main: pit (or like anything else)

I am gonna b comin to the singles tourney today

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Awesome tourney Muzga, thanks for hosting ^^

And just making sure I've got it right, for the gotgames matches

Won against bringer, lost against Niv, lost against Muzga, was that it?

Muzga

Smash Ace
Thats correct mic! i dont think you played anyone else.
I won against bob, mic, bringer and niv. did i play against anyone else?

It was awesome having all of you around!
Definitely holding another one soon. ill post details later today/tonight.

but yeah, everyones improved heaps! it seems its my turn to step my game up.
Seriously though, tournament placings here are waaaaay too inconsistent.
Okay, next time there wil be no jigglypuff. seriously.
bad idea to pull it out on bob:p but i learnt

Samuel won! thats a given:p
Nobody really seemed to care about the finals this time:p
ah well, that will change when samuel doesnt make it to the finals.
Thats probably closer then you think.
Bob! when are you next off work?
and mic, do you reckon you could get josh to come to the next singles?
He plays a good peach.

Great work guys! youve all gotten heaps better! keep it up!

EDIT: ooh! a boozer main! dont see too many of those! to everyone interested in future tournaments, check this thread regularly. now weve got three willing TO's, there'll probably be a few more tournaments.. Perth Brawl scene is looking up!:D

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey dudes.. Im home till Sep22nd then im home next on Oct 7th - 12th..

Good tourney dude and thanks for holding it.. Your match against me was a good win and im still kicking myself for it.. :p im more than happy to organise a small meet or something to play some more gotgames matches against people before i go..

To all the guys who will be playing warhammer online.. Please post up your server your playing on and your character names so i can catch ya'll when i get a copy of it.. Ill try to grab it on thurs and see how it goes.. But if you play Order i will D.I.A.F.. Destro or gtfo..

Catch next time BLAH..!

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for hosting again Muzga. Another great turnout. GG to Sam for winning again and GG to Jon for knocking me out of losers bracket for the third (I'm only guessing, I've lost count ._.) time.

Well I was planning to host the next tournament so it looks like it will be on the 11th of October so Bob can participate. Details later! (You can bet on Hanenbow being a CP. ~,^)

Daterian

Smash Cadet
Oh god, i spose i better start getting used to that whacked out stage :p. As for WAR, Jon, Dan, Sam and myself are playing Destruction on Anlec (Oceanic Open RVR server). I'm still a bit confused about the Gotgames stuff but ill turn up to some matches for them, i need to do them i spose...

Yosh_miester

Smash Rookie
Great tourney on saturday muzga, ill definetly be coming to the next one.

oh btw, were u the guy i battled at that nintendo tour who had the invincible blissey? I had the Arceus, Darkrai, and that shiny Leafeon.

Top Bottom