• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
I think I scared away leisha with that gif.:(

Tails I believe it is true. Although this will bring you back to nothing because brawl tournaments do not exist any more.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Naw im still around, but I dont really pop on smashboards as much anymore.

Mk is sort of banned, depends on the state really. I'm just gonna wait for the next smash, but i'll probably be fail.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
It was a mix between loss of interest + failure of keeping new players into the scene. I think the game just got too gay for everyone, since competitive play is all about rewarding camping so who wants to play that when there's more action packed games like marvel 3?

Thats just how I see it anyway, Its either spin to win with mk or run away and camp in brawl. heh.

Its still thriving in Queensland however, but some of the fun with rivalry has gone since sydney is virtually dead and melbourne's one will probably die soon aswell.

Game is getting old, melee keeps going since it provides more in depth skill compared to brawl.

Also the mk ban killed the scene further because alot argued that removing a character from a game was completely stupid and claimed he isn't broken. With the character banned, they feared newcomers would just leave if they couldn't play mk. They banned him too late unfortunately, but regardless I think the argument would be just as bad.

Dat smash, Getting silly now. I've moved onto league of legends, but I'm pretty terrible.

MTGod

Smash Champion
The only smash tournaments being run in Perth are at OneUp Micro, held by a couple of pretty chill guys. I've been to both, and they've been quite entertaining, in part due to the alcohol. Drinking + Smash Bros. is the good stuff :D But seriously though, Andrew (+ Callum, but I'm not sure of the extent of his involvement I'm sorry D: ) are quite good at running it, everyone's really friendly and there's some decent competition. Keep an eye on FB if you're interested, they don't happen too often.

Pete278

Smash Lord
On average, the Brawl community was a lot younger than other fighting/vs platforming games, and thus this lead to a lot of people hearing MK is overpowered and then suddenly spouting off that they're losing games just because the other person is playing an overpowered character when they refuse to switch from their favourite low tier **** character, and they aren't even good enough to win even if they did play MK. You'd logically assume the ban would bring them back to the game, but they know deep down that it doesn't really matter, and they'd still never win games, so they wouldn't come back.

KiSM

Smash Rookie
The only smash tournaments being run in Perth are at OneUp Micro, held by a couple of pretty chill guys. I've been to both, and they've been quite entertaining, in part due to the alcohol. Drinking + Smash Bros. is the good stuff :D But seriously though, Andrew (+ Callum, but I'm not sure of the extent of his involvement I'm sorry D: ) are quite good at running it, everyone's really friendly and there's some decent competition. Keep an eye on FB if you're interested, they don't happen too often.
Well i'm going to turn 18 in two weeks so ill be able to attent the OneUp events :D

Splice

Smash Hero
I saw Perth on bored aussie
Mic and bringer and quetz

made me so happy
but only mic knew who i was

:c

Splice

Smash Hero
as i said on facebook

Year 12
cant travel