• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
Who is going to go to the connection tour this year?

So glad it's not far away from me now unlike the other ones.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I reckon just seed Sam (if he comes) and Alister (if he comes) away from each other. Everyone else will have lost all their skills, be sandbagging, or both :p I have no objections to PPR seeding though I guess, if you choose to do it that way.

EDIT: Double Elim as per usual?

Pete278

Smash Lord
I reckon just seed Sam (if he comes) and Alister (if he comes) away from each other. Everyone else will have lost all their skills, be sandbagging, or both :p I have no objections to PPR seeding though I guess, if you choose to do it that way.

EDIT: Double Elim as per usual?
No, it'll be triple elim, unless its raining, in which case it'll be swiss cut to top 16 round robin cut to top 8 quad elim.

Yes, double elim.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Cal, you've only versed me in friendlies where I lay on the unadulterated ****. IIRC I punk out in tournament mode.

@Pete: looks like it's time to make it rain!

Pete278

Smash Lord
So, Trav says he'd really rather not have to bring a tv, since he's taking public transport. :p Could anyone besides Sam bring one? I don't think we'll need more than two setups, since we have the whole day, so just one TV should work. Andy's car isn't big enough for me to bring everything I need to :(

MTGod

Smash Champion
The one I had a'sploded. Well, more fizzled out, but either way it doesn't work anymore :(. On an off chance, does MC Gaming have like old security TVs sitting around in their stock room? I know when Zone upgraded to flat screens it took them yonks to get rid of their CRTs (and alas, they were too stingey to give them to me >.<)

Pete278

Smash Lord
The one I had a'sploded. Well, more fizzled out, but either way it doesn't work anymore :(. On an off chance, does MC Gaming have like old security TVs sitting around in their stock room? I know when Zone upgraded to flat screens it took them yonks to get rid of their CRTs (and alas, they were too stingey to give them to me >.<)
They've only been around since May, so I doubt it.

Richard7

Smash Ace
So, Trav says he'd really rather not have to bring a tv, since he's taking public transport. :p Could anyone besides Sam bring one? I don't think we'll need more than two setups, since we have the whole day, so just one TV should work. Andy's car isn't big enough for me to bring everything I need to :(
I'm not sure if Sam was aware that this tourney was in the city (so same problem as Trav unless I drive) and I believe my dad my have thrown out all our CRTs, so we'll have to get back to you on that.

I've seen like literally..... 50 CRTs outside people's houses recently, I'd guess about 10 of them actually have the power cord and or are working. I should really pick some up...

MTGod

Smash Champion
Let's chav it up and loot one because our parents didn't force us into wholesome cultural activities in our youth allowing us to develop a sense of identity in the mainstream.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Sorry I didn't get to meet / hang out with you Cal, cus I really wanted to. I literally got sick a day before you arrived and then had work all through next week. Shame you didn't get to meet Mr. no music himself. But ye, kinda annoyed about it all :(

MTGod

Smash Champion
SO LET'S HAVE A BRAWL TOURNAMENT LOLOLOLOLOLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

@ Game City. Stamina mode, biatches. Let's be on the forefront of the metagame change.

Alzi

Smash Master
Is anyone into smash 64 in our scene? I know trav probably is, since he use to bring his 64 in sometimes.

Seriously though smash 64 > brawl.

Use to keyboard controls so might take awhile if I ever even bother trying to learn with a n64 controller lol.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I got into smash 64 for a little while but I haven't played in ages. I think I like melee the best out of all the smash games now, but I still mostly play MvC3 and Blazblue.

Last day of school today, tomorrow is the graduation ceremony and then I'm off on exams. Time flies...

Alzi

Smash Master
Good luck for your exams man. Yes time flies so fast, I remember when I was in year 9 and posting on these boards. It's insane.

I am seriously excited for when I officially finish year 12 forever. It will be the best.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Well now I've graduated and I have the Japanese oral exam tomorrow. This is the most pressure I've felt in a long while but I think I'll manage. Wish me luck!

Oh yeah and Alzi, one of the speakers at my graduation ceremony said, "High school is like toilet paper - you don't miss it until it's gone."

I thought it was a pretty good analogy :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh yeah and Alzi, one of the speakers at my graduation ceremony said, "High school is like toilet paper - you don't miss it until it's gone."

I thought it was a pretty good analogy :p
When I start missing High School, I'll let you know.

Top Bottom