• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Good tourney all, congrajulations to Sam for winning. I had fun and it was great meeting you guys.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alright, what can I say? What a tourney!

Firstly, just a big thank you to everyone that brought wiis, TV's and powerboards. It helped the tournament run more efficiently.

I'd also like to thank Muzga and Rawt for helping me with the organisation towards the tournament. Their generosity is something that should be respected, and it is no wonder why you guys are good TO candidates.

Now I have a few apologies to make. My first one is to everyone who wanted to enter doubles. I'm really sorry, but I had no idea that a tournament with 31 people and 4 TV's (for the most part) would take so long. In future I may hold doubles-only tournaments, since I'd rather not have to rush singles.

Now my other apology is to Jupz. I'm really sorry that I put you in the loser's bracket, which ultimately meant you were knocked out after 2 games. I know you would have definitely placed better had I given you the correct result from your match against Ali. You're a cool dude, and I really hope I get to see you again at future tournament.

Anyway, here are the results

Jupz

Smash Master
It was nice to meet everyone and the tourney was run excellently vlade :)

Dam Jono owned me in the tourney :(

But it was fun watching and MMing everyone. GG's lord bowser :p lol at all the matches ending in suicides :p bad luck we didn't get to do doubles.

Congrats on corpse for winning. I didn't get to play you this time but next time hopefully.

Overall it was really fun, great day, hopefully I can make it to the next one :)

EDIT:
Its ok vlade I wasn't gonna win the tourney anyway i honestly don't mind at all :p Did any matches get recorded? I missed the final as I was MMing lord bowser :p

Riot- hey it was nice to meet you, your really cool, I'll try my best to make it down to your next tourney :)

vlade - your really cool too hopefully next time we can play some more matches :p

lord bowser - hopefully we can be doubles partners, ur bowser is too good :p nice work.

gnasch - nice work on coming 4th, hopefully we can play more next time

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
corpse is pro. i gained 5 dollars in profit.

but i left my sd card in jupz's wii: The one near the door and near where vlade was on the labtop.

add my msn : d_syboy@hotmail.com . Jupz i hope you can post it? plz. pm me.

Nice tourney everyone. i wanted doubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Unfortunately I just wasn't bothered recording matches, so apologies if you expect videos.

It was pretty tough work hosting, but it was well worth it!

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Great tourney Vlade I thoroughly enjoyed it. :) Don't worry about dubles being cancelled it's no big deal.....besides me and Jupz would've cleaned up anyway. :laugh:

Rawt - Didn't really talk to you much mate but you seemed like a cool dude, I look forward to hopefully coming to your tourneys in the future.

Vlade - Nice work running the tourney, your shorter than I expected but your still a legend. :p Hopefully we can have a match next time...just not in the tournament :laugh:

Richard - Great meeting you man, I can see why Keenan is good friends with you. :) It's a shame your leaving the tournament scene.

Alzi - Nice work knocking me out of the tourney, I should've followed through with my plan and gone for your injured wrist :p

Muzga - Man that last of match of ours was extremely tense my heart was beating abnormally fast.

Jupz -Too bad team Really Agressive Pwnage Experts (****) didn't get a chance to play but I look forward to teaming with you next time (that is to say if you don't abandon me for someonebetter). Our MM's were tight man, your a cool guy, props to your Dedede.

Congrats to Sam on winning and owning Keenan repeatedly, It was great meeting you all and I hope I can make it next time.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Yep, great tournament today Alister. I would of had fun even if I lost straight away. Was great to catch up with everyone and great to meet the new people, although I don't think I officially met Jupz. :(

A shame we didn't get doubles going because of some stuff, but crap happens. :laugh:

If we keep getting turn outs like today I might continue going to tournaments, not for the money, just for the fun.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Eh all you're double's names would of sucked in comparison to "A team better than you", but alas Jesus Zelda has sided against us.
Oh well great tournament Vlade, it was worth the 2 hrs travel time (To get there). Nice meeting some of you and playing with some epic texture hacks, and yeah all the other stuff that's been mentioned.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah lord bowser I wanna give the doubles a go with you. And i hope you don't abandon me for someone better, considering you placed wayy better then me in the tourney. Those MM's were too fun :p. I need to do something about bowsers side B :p

Also yeah sorry I didn't get to meet you richard. I watched a few of your matches, but it all happened to fast :(

Vlade

Social Outcast
Eh all you're double's names would of sucked in comparison to "A team better than you", but alas Jesus Zelda has sided against us.
Oh well great tournament Vlade, it was worth the 2 hrs travel time (To get there). Nice meeting some of you and playing with some epic texture hacks, and yeah all the other stuff that's been mentioned.
:O 2 HOURS!?

Now that's dedication!

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed it.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys just posted the next tourney details.. You can find the official post here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7138645#post7138645

Impressive turnout.. 31 people is a record and reminded me of old times *weep* Great to see everyone make an effort to head down and also bring tv's etc. Spewing about the lack of time but that gives us a better idea of next time Vlade ;) Either myself or Muzga can rock up earlier next time to get things rolling better..

Congrats to Sam as usual.. Sorry i didnt get to better introduce myself to everyone as i probably should have considering i also run tourneys but tbh i enjoyed not hosting for once lol its nice to relax.. Kudos to Vlade for hosting a tourney as its nice to see something happening on polar opposites each bi-weekly and hopefully we will start seeing more faces show up to both tournaments.. hopefully..

Unfortunate about doubles but you live and learn.. You all know 'Deep fried' would have pan-handed it to you so i guess its money saved this time round :bee: heh heh..

To those i met, it was great meeting you and i hope to speak to more of you next time.. And to finish off all i can say is OMG Lord Bowser.. Suicide wins definately made baby jesus cry..

BLAH..!

note: add me to facebook.. Names Bobby Ruckus..

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
:O 2 HOURS!?

Now that's dedication!

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed it.
Yeah that's why I don't turn up that often, it's fun once you get there but **** it takes forever. Least the trip back only took 1 hr 30

And yeah Jupz next time Im down there Ill make sure to say hi lol

Edit: Come on RIOT you know the bowsercide is the only way to win a match

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
@ corpse- i didn't try my best in those friendlies but you would of still beaten me .lol.
you're classified as pro. What's your IQ?

@ jupz- did you get my email.

those texture hacks were kool. So you need ocarina....? I know how to download the homebrew channel. just not the ocarina part for PAL

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
those texture hacks were kool. So you need ocarina....? I know how to download the homebrew channel. just not the ocarina part for PAL
It's pretty simple, I'll try and upload it so you can just stick it on your SD card

Had an awesome time,l was brilliant to have so many again ^^

Muzga

Smash Ace
It was great chatting to and seeing everyone there! it was an awesome tournament!
I decided that jiggs needed more love this time around,
Time for shoutouts

Mic: Pretty good job today! You are a definitely a worthy advesary!
Marteh: Sorry for knocking you out like that, man. It was fun playing against you though
Vlade: Awesome job running the tournament! you handled it really well for a first timer;)
Bob: It was great chatting to you today. you have some great ideas, and it was good talking over everything with you. as far as smash goes, my palms were sweating when i played against you. youre always a challenge;)
Lord_Bowser and Nasch: I would've gotten away with it too if it wasnt for you meddling kids
Lord_Bowser: Really close game. Great job with that last kill:D I'll get you next time.
Nasch: In hindsight jigglypuff really wasnt a smart choice for the second round. Dont expect to win so easily next time.
Baconfingers: Youre hillarious. we should talk more
Nivvy mc Wivvington: WHERE IS THE LOVE!?!?!?!?!?!
Glenn: Sorry you missed out on registration. Still, i heard you locked in some amazing conversation today. ;) glad to see you still had fun
Sam: Stop winning tournaments. seriously. youre cramping everyone elses style
Ric: Stop quitting. Seriouisly Just come, second place is nothing to be upset about

Next time there is doubles so help me god you are all going to feel the wrath of the balloon kings!

Edit: so how should we do this whole leaderboard thing? suggestions? should there be a thread for it?

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the kind words Muzga, I even said I was looking forward to play your MK, but oh well. lol
I'm really happy with my result and hopefully next time I could actually challenge Ric. Lol
I really can't be bothered doing the whole list of shout outs but everyone I met was really cool and was a good sport when playing. Hope to see you all next time.
And Sorry Bob, I can't come to your next tourney. I've got RFLAN on. It's this big LAN party so if anyone is interested, they're probly gonna have a brawl tourney there, with other ones like COD4 and DotA. The whole thing is either you play CS:S, steal things from others computers through the network, or play in the tourneys the whole time. Haha

Jupz

Smash Master
Riot I should be able to come to your next tourney, hopefully with a few friends. Ill bring my TV, wii (and brawl :p).

Also nice to meet you muzga and gnasch and mic :)

Lol at the suicides, all three of mine and lord bowsers 1on1s ended in suicides :p those matches were so much fun :)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
@ corpse- i didn't try my best in those friendlies but you would of still beaten me .lol.
you're classified as pro. What's your IQ?
Why didn't you try your best in our friendlies? It certainly looked like you did. I definetly didnt play my best, I was captain falcon after all :) As for IQ, I don't care about IQ, it doesnt mean anything. If someone with a high IQ values their IQ and as such consideres themselves intelligent, then as far as im concerned they are unintelligent for holding a level of importance on a useless value.

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok now i am going to do a massive post...

Firstly thanks Alister for the awsome Tourney i was alittle nervous at first but i got use to it in the end. Once again thanks for holding it. Also 31 people... You should put that on your resume or somthing that you ran a tournament with that many people xD.

Some of the Tourney matches i played where fun and they were tough indeed. Congrats on Lord Bowser though for doing so well with bowser. In our last match i was so stupid to even risk a dair since after i daired and missed we both were on 1 stock each then i forgot about the bowsercide and you could of done it to win the match so i tryed to space really well and not get grabbed by it. Also you probally lost some mataches because of your friends in the background lol. Sorry about our first match my controller was in 4th port and my c-stick wasn't working properly so i put it in 3rd and it started to work. That T.V we played on was so small it hurt my eyes. :p I get my cast of this tuesday so all good.

1: Corpsecreate (Toon Link)
2: Richard7 (Wario + Meta)
3: Vlade (Falco)
4: Nasch (Diddy)
5: Kane (Meta + G&W)
5: Alzi (Toon Link)
7: Muzga (Jiggs + Meta)
7: Lord Bowser (Bowser)

I'm happy that i placed top 8 that was my aim for this tournament. Next time i go i'll try and place 4th lol.

On that t.v with texture hacks did any of the toon link have the diety toon link hack on them? Although i vsed bacon's r.o.b on that t.v and the gyro was black and coudn't see it properly. Bacon plays a nice zelda though.

Oh and Jupz you're awsome with D3 and first person i saw was riot at the tourney lol. Oh boy is he funny. Sam i saw you're toon link play it's so awsome. Vlade and Richard i found really hard to play against nice wario richard.

Anyway fun day to start the holidays too bad there was no doubles after Jono and I practiced and planned some things out. Thanks Vlade for awsome tourney.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman

I'm happy that i placed top 8 that was my aim for this tournament. Next time i go i'll try and place 4th lol.
Haha. Gonna have beat me to get there. :p
It's a shame we didn't get to play, I was looking for a person with a cast after I finished in the tourney to play you in a friendy but I couldn't find you.

Alzi

Smash Master
Haha. Gonna have beat me to get there. :p
It's a shame we didn't get to play, I was looking for a person with a cast after I finished in the tourney to play you in a friendy but I couldn't find you.
hahahaha.

I was watching you play jono first round. There was like two jono's at the tourney aswell. :laugh:

I like vsing diddy kongs though after i have control over the bannana's that is. We can play online but i can't be bothered atm from all the brawl yesterday.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman

I like vsing diddy kongs though after i have control over the bannana's that is. We can play online but i can't be bothered atm from all the brawl yesterday.
I might have to pull out my Luigi or Peach on you. :p
Ooooo, I'm not too keen on wifi, my net can handle it , it's just I don't think I can play at my best with the slight lag.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Hey guys just posted the next tourney details.. You can find the official post here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7138645#post7138645

Impressive turnout.. 31 people is a record and reminded me of old times *weep* Great to see everyone make an effort to head down and also bring tv's etc. Spewing about the lack of time but that gives us a better idea of next time Vlade ;) Either myself or Muzga can rock up earlier next time to get things rolling better..

Congrats to Sam as usual.. Sorry i didnt get to better introduce myself to everyone as i probably should have considering i also run tourneys but tbh i enjoyed not hosting for once lol its nice to relax.. Kudos to Vlade for hosting a tourney as its nice to see something happening on polar opposites each bi-weekly and hopefully we will start seeing more faces show up to both tournaments.. hopefully..

Unfortunate about doubles but you live and learn.. You all know 'Deep fried' would have pan-handed it to you so i guess its money saved this time round :bee: heh heh..

To those i met, it was great meeting you and i hope to speak to more of you next time.. And to finish off all i can say is OMG Lord Bowser.. Suicide wins definately made baby jesus cry..

BLAH..!

note: add me to facebook.. Names Bobby Ruckus..
Gah, I'll be at RF too. I refuse to miss the UT tournament, which I have the past two times due to lack of sleep, and I'm actually good at this game :p. So, sorry bro.

Alzi

Smash Master
Bob i can't come to you're tourney since it's far :(

Also Vlade for future tourneys i can come early and help you if you would like. Since i got an idea of how things are set up and all.

What time did you get there anyway?

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
If RFLAN is a hassle i am able to change to tourney date to a saturday if it means accomodating the majority of players.. Great to see both Lord Bowser an Jupz able to come along this time.. ;) jus confirm to me if you can come and who you will bring then i will smash you on the list..

Elton dont be lazy.. i liked Lord Bowsers suggestion for Rankings at the start of the 'Perth Tournament listings' thread.. If anyone else approves of this idea i will make it official..

IMPORTANT.. please let me know if saturday or sunday is a better schedule for you to be able to participate.. I need to know asap so i can start taking subscriptions and/ or reschedule..

BLAH..!

Top Bottom