• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Well I was talking to richard today and well im pretty sure he wont be coming to the next tournament. In fact, its highly likely that he wont ever talk to any of you again. Why do you ask? Well, he has simply gone completely non-responsive. I asked him a very simple question today and for a little while he was able to respond, about 2-3 minutes into the conversation however, he COMPLETELY shut down and was UNABLE to respond to ANYTHING I would say. I was asking him if he understood what the word "you" meant but he was unable to answer. He sporadically would blurt out something at uneven time intervals (10 minutes, 10 minutes, 10 minutes, 3 mins 20, 1 min 10, 12 mins 30, 21 mins, 25) although they were completely unrelated to the question.

So it seems Richard has lost his communication abilities, that section of his brain has somehow been switched off and if left untreated, I fear that it may stay like that forever :( I have advised my parents about it but they dont seem too concerned about it for some reason, as far as im concerned its extremely important that it gets looked into, but it seems I'm the only one that thinks this :(

Alzi

Smash Master
Are you serious corps?

If he is finding it hard to communicate with you then you should seriously check it out any small damage to the brain can have alot of effects on certain parts of it. Take him to the doctors asoon as you can since even if it may seem like somthing small there could be a possible chance it's somthing major. Very sad to hear that hope he gets better and theres nothing seriously wrong with the problem. Make sure you go to the doctor to check it out.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Well I was talking to richard today and well im pretty sure he wont be coming to the next tournament. In fact, its highly likely that he wont ever talk to any of you again. Why do you ask? Well, he has simply gone completely non-responsive. I asked him a very simple question today and for a little while he was able to respond, about 2-3 minutes into the conversation however, he COMPLETELY shut down and was UNABLE to respond to ANYTHING I would say. I was asking him if he understood what the word "you" meant but he was unable to answer. He sporadically would blurt out something at uneven time intervals (10 minutes, 10 minutes, 10 minutes, 3 mins 20, 1 min 10, 12 mins 30, 21 mins, 25) although they were completely unrelated to the question.

So it seems Richard has lost his communication abilities, that section of his brain has somehow been switched off and if left untreated, I fear that it may stay like that forever :( I have advised my parents about it but they dont seem too concerned about it for some reason, as far as im concerned its extremely important that it gets looked into, but it seems I'm the only one that thinks this :(

ROFL!!! My brother is an odd fellow. Sam seems to do strange things when his own logic is used against him which makes him relise its flawed.

Basically, quite oftenly, I ask Sam a question and he doesn't want to answer it, so he responds with "I don't know what you're saying" or "I don't know what you're talking about" or simply doesn't respond at all despite the fact that the question is as clear as day. He does this because he doesn't want to answer the question or because answering the question shows that he's wrong in something or something along those lines.

Today Sam asked me a question and I didn't wanna answer it. So I thought I'd try what Sam does. It worked too, because I didn't end up answering the question. But now he's pretending like there's something wrong with my brain ect ect, he likes to make scenes out of random things. Maybe I should try that sometime too. :) But yeah, quite funny.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
To Corps & Ric: I would recommend that you talk about this to each other and er not over a forum. This shows lack of love or respect to each other or you both are not confident about your ability to talk to each other personally and in a mature manner. But what do I know im only 15. Now i see its just a joke but yeh....

To my beloved and cherished man friend Alan: **** OFF IM GOING TO RFLAN. Hehe I wont be at this tourney guys im going to RF too, sorry..

Jupz

Smash Master
The thread was dead for exactly 23 hours and 59 minutes. Phew, nice save Jono :p

Also, I'm requesting that we allow Yoshi's Island Melee for the next tournament. We can make it banned for D3 if you want, but I like playing there with other characters. :)

Of course its Bob's decision :)

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I think that at the next tourney we should follow along with a lot of other places and have a low tier exclusive tourney for fun. (Then again TL is kinda regarded low tier and we all know what that means :p)
But it'll be good to see who the better players are without having to rely on MetaGay spam or chaingrabs and what-not to win (no offensive intended). Tell me whatcha think. :D

Muzga

Smash Ace
I think that at the next tourney we should follow along with a lot of other places and have a low tier exclusive tourney for fun. (Then again TL is kinda regarded low tier and we all know what that means :p)
But it'll be good to see who the better players are without having to rely on MetaGay spam or chaingrabs and what-not to win (no offensive intended). Tell me whatcha think. :D
Because of the player pool and the generally diverse pool of mains we have, our best player mains toon link, a low tier tournament seems kinda unneccesarry. most people can't beat sam with the high tiers anyway,

That being said, I'n suprised so many people from perth are still complaining about metaknight. if we had 2 or 3 more on the scene i think thatd give people more right to complain. even if i was the only main i still use jigglypuff half the time anyway,

We have one falco main who places 2nd or 3rd consistently due to a generally higher level of skill then most of our regular tournament characters. changing his character won't change his placing too much imo

And then we have Richard who is inconsistent with his choice of character anyway.

A low tier tournament sounds fun,
Thats being said, the end result will end up the same.

Jupz

Smash Master
Ehh... as Muzga said, if we can't beat sam with high tiers, we don't stand a chance with low tiers (except lord bowser). Muzga is the only one who mains Metaknight and he uses Jiggs aswell, and everyone else uses someone different :)

I don't think we need a low tier tournament and I think it would stop more people from coming.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sam 3-stocked me with Luigi... (I eventually beat his luigi though :p)

So I agree with Muzga, the end result of a low-tier tourney will pretty much be the same. I'd be happy to use pokemon trainer though.

Too bad I can't come to Bob's >_>

Jupz

Smash Master
Can we please make the next one just a normal tourney because it might be the last one I can come to for a while?? :)
Then you guys can have your low tier tourney :p

Alzi

Smash Master
I wish i can come to Bobs tourney. *sadface.

Crew battles sound so fun to do they sound better then the brawl singles lol.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey there amigos..

Firstly lol @ Jono for becoming addicted to wow.. I used to play on FM and my fiance currently just rolls alts there out of boredum.. Prepare to lose your soul.. ps - what faction do you play..

Ric + Sam i seen it coming.. Sam was already losing the plot and Rics inconsistent character choosing (my friend said just shutup and play Luigi) meant they were about to explode in some way or another.. Too bad i wasnt there to witness the kersplosion.. Regardless of which you both better be coming..

Vlade is a horror to vs regardless if he is falco or metaknight.. Both send me all kinds of red and Vlade is pretty textbook when it comes to nailing the proper (and most frsutrating) playstyles..

Crew battles are CONFIRMED so everyone who can come better come, or risk missing out on smash of epic proportions..

Anyways that concludes my usual forum check.. Thanks Alzi for stealin my visitor msg virginity and for taking Sams rant oh-so seriously.. Keep those subscriptions coming..! Also homebrew is succesfully installed so if anyone has any recommended applications then please post them here..

BLAH..!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
The Marteh has returned

Anyhow Riot get the homebrew browser, pretty good app if you have net connectivity.

Still as for next tourney..Not sure if I can or not yet, money issues are cool ^_^

Vlade

Social Outcast
I recommend 'replays longer than 3 minutes' and 'no tripping' codes.

Anyway just letting you guys know that I'm going to Kalbarri for a week starting tomorrow and I won't have internet access :(

So I guess I'll see you guys in a week, unfortunately I can't go to the tournament :(

Muzga

Smash Ace
I recommend 'replays longer than 3 minutes' and 'no tripping' codes.

Anyway just letting you guys know that I'm going to Kalbarri for a week starting tomorrow and I won't have internet access :(

So I guess I'll see you guys in a week, unfortunately I can't go to the tournament :(
You just had to go and do it, didnt you vlade? Do you really want to bring the debate into here?
I am completely against using no tripping in tournaments. anyone who wants to drag this out, thats okay with me. Just bear in mind that whether or not you hate tripping isnt viable as an argument, we all hate tripping here;)

Jeez, and i wonder why nobody thinks im cool enough to talk about on here:p

Edit: to clear it up, yes i know vlade didnt actually mention using no tripping in tournaments, however im sure the next person who posted would have. Hence bringing the debate into here

Alzi

Smash Master
Muzga i've seen you before i think at connection tours. When i first saw you your face rang a bell.

Bob i can delete that message but your profile viriginity will always be gone weather i delete it or not :( lol.

No tripping codes would be awsome but it won't feel like brawl if you know what i mean.

Richard7

Smash Ace
A low tier tournament actually sounds kinda fun. To fix the Sam problem, just make it so you can only play characters from 18 - 35 (or is it 37? somewhere around there when you include Sheik/ZSS and PT characters) because Toon Link is 17th.:laugh:

swordsaint

Smash Master
You guys have to upload and link to Corp's best Toon Link video. I "might" be in Perth in July and would be attending a tournament, want to see what I'm up against. (Really I should say you guys are up against me =P)

Jupz

Smash Master
NOOOO not a low tier tourney please :(

Can we make the one after this one low tier cause this will probably be my last one for a while.

Swordsaint it would be nice to see you at a tourney here in Perth :) I'm going on holiday in July so I might miss it though :(

Alzi

Smash Master
ooo swordsaint. Top 3 placings are the ones to really look out for as i see them giving you a hard time. Also Jon should return to brawl again since he had a really good pit.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Slightly off topic today's biggest lol goes to my sister's arguing about weather to play GH:WT or Brawl and my younger sister claiming
"Guitar Hero is harder then Brawl and take's more strategy"

Top Bottom