• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
It'll be a Sunday Alzi, so probably won't be anyone there to give you info :S Although, if there are Curtin students going then there could be some design students there, but it's a long shot...

Poster's done, even if this one is quite bad :D Mega lack of motivation...

EDIT: I know I forgot to chuck in AuSmash link... Figuring out where I can put it now...

Vlade

Social Outcast
Assuming my Dad lets me go I'll be there for singles, and there shouldn't be any shenanigans which cause me to be late this time. Last time just as I was about to leave there was a phone call and my mum found out that grandpa had pneumonia so Dad booked a flight for that very night which took a long time and caused me to be late for the tournament.

In other words, I had a legit excuse to be late :p

Hater

Smash Ace
**** off guys hannah montanna is the greatest thing to ever happen to the children entertainment/music industry EVER! Stop hating

For you vlade its 30 ^^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Tl;dr flat fee is stupid for multiple tournaments.
I'm hoping people are realising that a 20 buck flat fee that gives entry into all three tourneys is the same price as venue + Singles normally?

Hater

Smash Ace
$20 is actually good value and at cheapest you would be paying $20 for dubs n singles but this time u get wtf ever tourney we have on the end. I do agree with pete unless national we don't need a flat fee

Pete278

Smash Lord
I can't afford to go in the end, at all, but I'd be more likely to be able to afford it if I could pay for singles by itself, without having to be forced to enter doubles.

EDIT: Also, the flat fee at nationals shouldn't be covering multiple games, like we're doing at this one (i.e. Brawl and Brawl-).

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm hoping people are realising that a 20 buck flat fee that gives entry into all three tourneys is the same price as venue + Singles normally?
My bad, didn't take into account how much the venue fee is going to cost. I'm assuming (if we went with the normal payment method) that the venue fee would be like $15?

I like bigger prize pots though, even though sam just wins it. I play better with money on the line.

Alzi

Smash Master

STOP!

judging by the amount of coffee i have had, Corpse wasn't even at "I got a lift with Mic!" making the tournament actually possible to win.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Never mind, I now realise it's three tournaments.

If three tournaments are at $5 entry each, then it is more expensive to pay the flat fee if you only want to enter brawl singles.

EDIT: Marty, I have legit johns for that and you know it :p I even have the evidence if the court would like to accept it.

MTGod

Smash Champion
You're looking at this from only one perspective... There will most likely be new people/non-regulars coming to this tournament... Charging a flat fee encourages people to play in all three tournaments, and not just rock up for Singles, or just play Doubles, realise they got *****, and then left because of it...

If I only played Doubles at the first tournament I went to, I would not be here... TBH My first doubles tournament with Sean was boring, putting it lightly, as we got knocked out very early and were too timid to ask for friendlies (like all new people are)... If it weren't for the fact that we were in Joondalup we probably would have left after we got knocked out...

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
If I only played Doubles at the first tournament I went to, I would not be here... TBH My first doubles tournament with Sean was boring, putting it lightly, as we got knocked out very early and were too timid to ask for friendlies (like all new people are)... If it weren't for the fact that we were in Joondalup we probably would have left after we got knocked out...
It's true, I mean Andre and mainly Dan was the reason I stuck around my first tourney.
Second one Josh wanted to go to one so I went with him, rarely talked, talked to Trav a bit
Third one Josh wanted to go again and I got talking to Bob on the train is the reason I stuck around.

This is why I always try talking to new people, make friends and stick around :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
You're looking at this from only one perspective... There will most likely be new people/non-regulars coming to this tournament... Charging a flat fee encourages people to play in all three tournaments, and not just rock up for Singles, or just play Doubles, realise they got *****, and then left because of it...

Yes, but I, on the other hand, enjoy my money, and don't want to spend it on unnecessary things, as I'm sure all the newcomers who don't want to enter doubles or Brawl- think.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
EDIT: Also, the flat fee at nationals shouldn't be covering multiple games, like we're doing at this one (i.e. Brawl and Brawl-).
Why not, it's what was done for Rocky (Melee singles+doubs+brawl singles+doubs) and afaik, is for Robocop. It worked fine, don't remember hearing any complaints.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I doubt the majority at EI3 will want to enter Melee, however, given our 'scene'. May as well have a flat fee for Brawl and SF4, more of us play it than Melee.

Goliath82

Smash Rookie
Hi all,
Have promised for ages to post on here so am doing that now.
Shout out to Glenn and all at BSHS.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ooh, someone new! Welcome!

Pete: I doubt it'd work here since Melee's not that popular here, but over there it's as strong as Brawl.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Ooh, someone new! Welcome!

Pete: I doubt it'd work here since Melee's not that popular here, but over there it's as strong as Brawl.
Yeah, I know, but I was commenting for EI3. Perhaps I should've specificed 'our national'.. :p

And welcome, new guy! I'm sure you'll enjoy the community, since we're all nice blokes here (except Mic, stay away from him).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just because I got infected and turned into a hunter....:mad:

Just hope Evil Eye doesn't find out or he'd chase me down and kill me >.>

swordsaint

Smash Master
Wow, I'd have killed someone if I had to pay entry for a game (not even a format) I have no intention of playing. How could no one have complained?
for those of you lacking facts multiple people, including myself did question robocop's flat fee.

it makes sense for large scale nationals, but not for small locals, also small scale perth nationals. :chuckle:

Top Bottom