• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Pros:
- Easier to handle from a TO perspective - considering this is being advertised through Panic we could have a lot of people to deal with... Also you only need to hassle people once for money, not 4 times :p...
- Easier to handle from a cash perspective (**** everyone who turns up with $50s - next time, you're getting your change in coins!!!)
[Both above arguments: inb4 "don't be ****"]
- Most, if not all people enter all the tournaments anyway, and it encourages this for people to get the most out of their money, which therefore gives maximum chance for them to have something good happen in the day...
- Annoying prick Pete isn't coming :p

Cons:
- People pay for things they may not want to play (-at first-) or can't play (but really, same issue happens with venue fee)
- TO has all money at once, so if he gets mugged the winnings go byebye (though if someone tries to mug Mic, I'm sure the community will band together to dismember the culprit)
- 10th Ranked Pete isn't coming

------------------------

We can debate this theoretically all you want, but the only thing that matters is how it works in practice... This is pretty much the same situation you were complaining about when you had your stagelist at AGC that people were complaining about...

RE: Tourney Post
All looks good to me - I'll be getting there at 9 as well just in case there's any problems (like if the doors aren't open we'd have to ring security and berate them to do it :D)

Holy stagelist though :p??? Bit confused about some of them... Like Delfino and Castle Siege as starters... But this is probably just because I haven't seen them as starters before :p

EDIT: I'll be there until 2pm definitely, but unless someone can take my set-up I can't bring one (take as in pick it up from, and drop it back to my house...)...

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Marteh presents

A tourney without Marteh, yes that's right, I will not be for this one due to work, I may be able to show up for minus doubles but that's all.

May I suggest Jesse and Trav team together :p

I will be working most sundays, so I'll be looking at other days for mass practice.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I already told Alzi I'd team with him Sunday, sorry dude. If he doesn't end up coming because of driving lessons/school work/orgy I'll team with you, but it'd probably be better for you if you found a definite team mate.

Tsunamo

Smash Cadet
Welcome Goliath, I hope to see you at future Brawl tournaments. :D
Anyway... like i said before Jay.... use those hax moves i told you with yoshi <3
I shall use the 1337 Brawl skills you have taught me, Toki. <3
And nah, I probably wont be participating in doubles unless one of my friends ends up coming on the day.
A tourney without Marteh.
I am dissapoint. :|

Richard7

Smash Ace
Omg I just realized whoever is doing the post on Ausmash about our last tournament (which I'm guessing is Jesse) needs to get the screenshot that was taken (from Marty's Wii) and add it to the article.

However, as hilarious as it was, I highly suggest no longer using model hacks in serious tournament matches, they are definitely not the same as using no model hacks (ok some might be, but the one we used in the grand finals wasn't, specifically, DK's shield wasn't normal and was much easier to shield poke).

MTGod

Smash Champion
And so begins my search for a doubles partner :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Even if they don't change the game, they change the players' perception of the game... That Wario Kong model would have been very difficult to play against because his Hitbox was technically "thin air" (as Wario Kong's limbs were much thinner than DK's)... Logically people will want to try hitting their target, not the space around it... It's not a big difference, but it could be enough to change a tense set...

In the end though, most of the tense sets occur later in the bracket when all TVs aren't being used... Thus, if you don't want to play on a model hacked Wii you should be able to jump on an alternative TV :p TBH I don't like playing on hacked Wiis if I can't get regular Blue Lucas/Diddy Kong because I'm a little OCD about it :D

Omg I just realized whoever is doing the post on Ausmash about our last tournament (which I'm guessing is Jesse)
No one put their hand up, but TBH I didn't know enough goings on about last tourney to write an adequate report on it... All I'd know is "There were brawl doubles... There were brawl singles in which Trav beat Ric once, Vlade got knocked into Loser's by Marty and still made 4th, and Sam won again... There were Brawl - crews that didn't finish... Prodigy 2 ***** his brother with ROB :p"

Technodeath

Smash Champion
And I came 5th. My best placing with a legit amount of people and the caliber of opponents. :D

Unlike AGC. Where I placed 5th, but many people were absent of that one.

Anyways. I got my cake. So I'm happy with my performance.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

/attention whoring

Vlade

Social Outcast
I should be there for singles

I strongly hate Luigi's Mansion but hey it's Mic's show so he can do what he wants

And also I agree with the model hack thing, I have no idea why I didn't stop Alzi from using Spongebob Metaknight sooner :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
So, I got a partner for Regular Brawl Doubles - anyone wanna team with my for Brawl Minus Doubles??? I use a top tier character in that one :D

Hater

Smash Ace
And I came 5th. My best placing with a legit amount of people and the caliber of opponents. :D

Unlike AGC. Where I placed 5th, but many people were absent of that one.

Anyways. I got my cake. So I'm happy with my performance.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

/attention whoring
In other words i got fifth cos hater wasnt there to beat me!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yeah sure - don't expect great things 'coz I've only played B- once, but aside from Bowser I am pretty sure I've adapted to the differences :D

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Hey i might come along this sunday_ Depends if Graeme is able to make it also_ I like the flat fee considering it's actually $5 cheaper than previously if you entered singles and doubles and the same price as singles anyways_ Good work with the new venue_ Looking forward to it_

I'm pretty busy now uni has kicked back into gear so i don't know if i will be able to mantain the Perth Tournament Listings thread_ If someone is willing to take this off my hands and maintain it, that would be appreciated_ Sorry no Petes_

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh

REBUTTAL
I'm sorry but that quiz was based off who was most knowledgeable in a certain field.
Being able to think logically and being the most knowledgeable in certain fields are two different matters.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Who had the quizmaster with the illogical question?

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAVyaIIEswY&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAVyaIIEswY&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh

The Quizmaster was just one of us, that in itself does not speak for how the rest of us think.

As for the greater majority of people attending won in the game of Chess, a game usually classed to be a game of wits and logic, I believe my claim of South being more logical than the North is valid and justified.

Top Bottom