• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh

GWAH!

Either way, I believe you still have no way to break through my line of thinking, despite Logic and Strategy may in fact be two different ideals. The fact that Chess not only requires Strategy, Logic must also be ensued as one must be able to understand the depths of the game before one can in fact play it.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Logic must also be ensued as one must be able to understand the depths of the game before one can in fact play it.
Both sides understood how to play thus all involved used logic, this contradicts your statement of
In reality North fail at anything logic based.
Surely with such blatant flaws in your arguement you can't continue this facade any longer.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh

But at the same token

Both sides understood how to play thus all involved used logic, this contradicts your statement of
This is in direct contradiction to this piece of testimony.

>implying peoples ability at chess determines if they can think logically.
Your testimony holds no grounds unless you are admitting that the above statement is false. Thus you are blatantly lying in testimony's, meaning what you say cannot be trusted!

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
My statement was merely chess can not be an absolute measure of if they can think logically, if someone cannot play chess can they not think logically? No. I was re-inforcing that with my statement. Chess merely gives an indication.it cannot prove it.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh

Obviously you're not looking at this from the correct perspective.
I have a statement backing up my claim of North (except Mic) lacks the basic fundamentals of Logic, if not, at least that of South is superior in that matter.

You have no evidence to back up your claim that North does think logically!

Hater

Smash Ace
My greatest advice is the single most logical statement one can say to inspire other humans beings, If you think i am illogical you are not following my advice !

Tsunamo

Smash Cadet
Unless something bad comes up at the last minute i'll still be there. Me and my friends Yoshi tag-team should play some decent games on Sunday.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Only worshippers.

Can we get a recap on who can bring wiis? TV's I would imagine should be fine with the bunch from Trav (that said, if you've got one, bring it! gonna have a lot this tournament) but haven't heard about Wiis. We're gonna be needing as many consoles as we can get our hands on.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Btw just posting I wont be online for a possible 3 weeks due to changing the net to the new house and such.
Remember to keep checking for updates on Marteh's facebook :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
Good to hear, Tsunamo - hopefully I'll get to have a few games with ya this time as well :D

I can shove my Wii in my backpack if need be ^^

I'm not too sure that there's going to be a lot of people anymore, judging by the Panic Forum D: But I won't be pessimistic (I'll just be tired tomorrow :p)

Splice

Smash Hero
You coming to the tourney this weekend splice ? (don't tell vlade but if u want we can team in brawl minus dubs!)
Yes I am coming to the tournament this weekend. I did not have a Justified True Belief that we were doing Brawl Minus, I guess if we are I'll see who I team with on the day. ;)

MTGod

Smash Champion
You totally let Prodigy down man, jumping into those spikes like that :p (<3 : tell people to stop doing things with their Saturday night and get on Smashboards Ricky-G!!! I'm lonely @ work)

Anyway, if you're not there tomorrow Splice there will be many upsets - you need to be there to preserve the bracket takes its true course, and not let Vlade lose to Marty again :p

Splice

Smash Hero
lol, Vlade lost to Marty?

Yeah I'll be there to try and stop this blasphemy, with my new gamertag "CPU" for new control set, of course. ;)

Does Corpse still come? He hasn't been at the same tourney as me for like 8 months, and maybe a week or two on top of that. I guess I have just missed a few tourneys?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was as if Vlade shouldn't have even bothered playing the **** was that bad... Marty pulled out some seriously crazy **** :p Seemed to use it all up in that match though...

Yeah man, Corpse still attends regularly, practicing for that Robocop... Haven't seen you for a while man!!! Rep that Lvl9 Wigi...

Splice

Smash Hero
Tourney hype :p Gonna make it my mission to continue my 7th streak :D
The best thing about having "streaks" is Major tournaments.

Ledge placed 9th at pretty much every single Melbourne tournament in 2009, and then at Rocky he came 9th too, which is really good. So if you can keep the 7th up til Robocop MTG... woo!

MTGod

Smash Champion
I GOT A TIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A MOTHER-****ING TIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111one

Anyway, if I get 7th at Robocop I will be more than chuffed... Given that top 4 is expected to be all Americans, and Sam and Ric are going (both beat me regularly :p) Not too sure about interstate competition obviously, but that's what we'll find out :D

Tsunamo

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, my niece is really sick and i'll be looking after her most of tomorrow, so I wont be coming to the tournament this time. It's unfortunate, but her wellbeing is my number one priority.
Have fun you guys, hopefully i'll see you all at the next tournament.
Remember to keep checking for updates on Marteh's facebook :p
I need to find it first.

Edit: Well that was easy to find. ._.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear, hopefully she gets better quickly man...

Anyway, this group of people in at Darkzone now are doing North v South teams in laser tag... It's so awn!!!

EDIT: 3 mins in and South is dominating by about twice the North score...

EDIT2: 8 mins in, just spotted filthy North scum holding the gun of a 10 year old South kid - poor form, but what else should we expect from those North :p??? Despite the cheating, they're still losing (the gap has widened, but it still a 1:2 ratio South's favour)

EDIT3: South win by a good 30-40% over the North ^^

Top Bottom