• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I'll come to this tourney and bring a tv + wii_

Look i'm for the ledge grab rule_ It keeps the game competitive and avoids any unfair advantages_ You can say it is tactical, which some form of running away is, but planking does offer an unfair advantage to a player, especially in cases when it otherwise cannot be dealt with_ Keep in mind we are attempting to bring on new recruits in the scene and strengthen our numbers, which allowing planking will surely decrease if new people become easily frustrated by something as simple as planking_

I understand it's everything to win it, but i'm fairly old fashioned in the sense of a fair fight involving fighting and dodging of some degree, not offering an unfair advantage to one player by completely avoiding conflict_

Not going to bother arguing with the stage list because it seems people do as they please, regardless of people's opinions_ I will always be against Green Greens and Port Town and there are plenty of arguments that have involved these stages_ Go search them up if you really care about having this argument again, but either way i doubt it will change Trav's mind unless somebody purposely proves that the stages are not competitive_ Looking at you Vlade_

I'll leave my comments at that as i do not want a major debate like we have had previously to erupt since they achieved nothing_

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm going to need a very confident doubles partner who believes they can come second. This may sound that I want money but just take it as i don't want to be losing money. :p I don't mind losing it in singles or venue fee just doubles stuff must get serious.

About the Ledge grab rule i don't mind if it's on or off as no one in the scene has planks or has been past the number or times you are allowed to grab the ledge.

I have a big problem with the stages so i am going to give out my honest opinion. I don't care if anyone doesn't read it or if Trav never goes with it but it's always good to be honest just incase for those others who are thinking the same thing as you and just don't want to speak up. Ok so these are the current rule set:

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
I really did like the way Sydney have this as a counter pick but it works either way and depends on the tourney organiser so it's fine having it here.
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Not a good idea. ;)
Pokémon Stadium 1

Don't mind pokemon stadium 1 but if Halberd comes out then another stage has to go out which will either be Pokemon stadium or final destination.

Counter:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

These stages give a huge advantage to certain characters. I mean really huge. I am going Metaknight this tournament and it basically helps me. People can only ban one stage right. So whatever you ban against me i will still own you. Ban rainbow cruise i take you to Japes or Frigate Orpheon. These stages are good for other characters like Falco, Snake, Wario, D3. A lot of people are already put at a disadvantage right now such as Jesse, even Corpse is put at a disadvantage lol. Andy is also put at a disadvantage with these rule sets and probably more people within the scene. :psycho:

Also btw Jesse better make those paper things again they were VERY useful and easy and made the deciding of what stage to choose much quicker.

I really can't be bothered explaining the counter stages as I'm sure everyone knows what i mean by those 3 dots. :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
These stages give a huge advantage to certain characters. I mean really huge. I am going Metaknight this tournament and it basically helps me. People can only ban one stage right. So whatever you ban against me i will still own you. Ban rainbow cruise i take you to Japes or Frigate Orpheon.
That's a Metaknight issue, not a stage issue.

Tsunamo

Smash Cadet
Hi Perth Brawlers, I figured i'd join up to SmashBoards so I can get into the Perth Brawl scene and meet some fellow gamers from Perth. So I thought i'd say hi and introduce myself in the Perth smash thread. Not too many people know me here, but Alzi and a few others do.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yes the fourth one is the one that looks like Shaya.

I will force him to main marth and somehow surpass Shaya and beat him all the time in a Marth Ditto.

*Evil laughter*

Tsunamo

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. ^^
Welcome Mr. Tsunamo. Let me guess, you were at the Nintendo Connection Tour and thats when you heard of Smashboards?
Well, I did go to the connection tour on the first day, but nah. I heard about Smashboards a while back from the member Tails, and had been meaning to join the boards so I could get into the Perth Brawl scene, but never got around to it. Then Toki reminded me about Smash Boards and Alzi said I should start going to Perth tourneys, so I ended up finally getting around to joining up today.

Alzi

Smash Master
x2

Welcome Tsunamo and RABicle. RABicle is the one that looks like Shaya. Welcome to the perth smash scene. We have a tournament on the 18th if you would like to attend. But RABicle can't due to skiing but i'm sure he will come other days.

We are a scene who play smash and go tournaments not only that we do hang out and chat on the day and sometimes go and do our general social stuff with the scene for fun.

edit: Yes Toki is the main man as i hear. And Tails i miss him. :(
and Jupz and Elton and Proxy and Kane. :(

Pete278

Smash Lord
Yay! Its good that you're in Perth, we've got one of the kindest and close-knit scenes in Australia, so just feel free to come upto any of us at a tournament, we'll all talk back. So, yeah, welcome, you two.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah we all enjoy talking about anything in general. Especially me i basically start the conversations.

Shaya, I am the wind. He's the best Marth player in Australia and is kinda sharing first with Ted in best player in NSW. Dw a lot of people look like shaya even M2K looks like him.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I heard about Smashboards a while back from the member Tails,
<3 Tails...Wish he'd come back....

Yay! Its good that you're in Perth, we've got one of the kindest and close-knit scenes in Australia, so just feel free to come upto any of us at a tournament, we'll all talk back. So, yeah, welcome, you two.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH PETE?

MTGod

Smash Champion
First up, welcome Tsunamo/RABICLE! Hope to see you at the next tourney, or future ones if possible :p

Tsunamo said:
I heard about Smashboards a while back from the member Tails
*Gasp*! Effects from the proverbial grave :p

A lot of people are already put at a disadvantage right now such as Jesse, even Corpse is put at a disadvantage lol. Andy is also put at a disadvantage with these rule sets and probably more people within the scene.
If it really bothers me that my character/s can't handle certain stages, I'll swap characters... This is the nature of counterpicking after all ^^

Also btw Jesse better make those paper things again they were VERY useful and easy and made the deciding of what stage to choose much quicker.
It's up to Trav - if he doesn't want to have them at his tournament I'm not going to force them into his hand :p I do have the template somewhere on my computer though, so it'll take like 5 minutes to do if need be...

ALZI said:
Yeah we all enjoy talking about anything in general. Especially me i basically start the conversations.
That **** never gets old :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
How could you stay angry at Hisui?

Welcome to the scene guys, I'm hosting a tournament on the 18th, you can find the details here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10713980&postcount=6

Also Pete is right, we are one of the tightest scenes around and tend to things like cruise around the city just for each others (more like my) company, so you won't have to worry about being an outcast or anything. :)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
If it really bothers me that my character/s can't handle certain stages, I'll swap characters... This is the nature of counterpicking after all ^^

Its a real pity Andy didn't win Tempest, or you'd be able to main a good character now, eh?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Don't worry Summoner - I'll make sure he gets his fair share of PK Freezes to make up for it ^^

(Seriously though, I don't believe we've met :S)

EDIT: @Trav, yeah I'll do it now, and I'll send em over to ya when I see ya on MSN next...

EDIT2: @Trav, yeah I'll do it now, and I'll send em over to ya when I see ya on MSN next...

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Won me over with mentioning Tails_ Pete has never been the same since he shaved his beard_ Looks like your not a look-a-like anymore Swordsaint_

Anyone know if GT has upgraded their machines to SSFIV yet_?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Jesse, msn's not going to help when Trav doesn't have a printer XD
It was more to check the layout/make sure I didn't accidentally leave Port Town off the list :p

Also, city on Wednesday??? I need to go to GTs :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Okay people (aka Alister), the other group are doing a 4/48 again at the end of this year and want to know if we want to sync up with them again, so I feel we need to gather a squad. So far we got

OoT -
MM - Marteh
WW - Vlade/Buff?
Tp -

Thing is ideally I don't want more then 4 people in the race, so say if Buff or alister could learn parts of a different game as well it'd be good :p

Tsunamo

Smash Cadet
Looks like Tails has got quite a few fans here in the Perth thread. I'm not surprised, he's a great guy.
Welcome to the scene guys, I'm hosting a tournament on the 18th, you can find the details here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10713980&postcount=6

Also Pete is right, we are one of the tightest scenes around and tend to things like cruise around the city just for each others (more like my) company, so you won't have to worry about being an outcast or anything. :)
Yeah, I saw the thread yesterday. Hopefully i'll be able to make it on the Sunday if i've got nothing on. Sounds like all you Perth brawlers are nice then, I guess i'll fit in perfectly with you lot. I look forward to meeting you all and Alzi again. Although, that wasn't really a meeting, just a guessing game of trying to pick each other out of the croud.

tsunamo <3
swordsaint <3
Okay people (aka Alister), the other group are doing a 4/48 again at the end of this year and want to know if we want to sync up with them again, so I feel we need to gather a squad.
I'm going to take a guess here seeing as how I don't know what a 4/48 is. Is it a 48 hour game marthon of four different games done by four different people in each state? Or rather a race to see who can get the furthest in each state on each game, not a marathon. If not, what exactly is it?

Top Bottom