• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Muzga

Smash Ace
Jesse
Remember the talk we had at the station about souths cp.
Do it man,
Dont ask questions
just do it

Alzi

Smash Master
Actually i have had second thoughts north will purposly put me against bob or marty so no i won't be there. lol.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yeah, after the past few posts you've made, Alzi, it'd be Australia v yourself in boxing...

Sumo would be a good idea, but we still need to discuss it as the novelty of it may not override its neutrality at a counterpick... Theorycrafters, unite!!!

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Jesse i might be able to attend your tournament_ I'll be editing around then so i don't see how it could interfere with any of my schedule by then_ Depends if anymore filming takes place during that time but i'll let you know_

Keep spewing that i miss these NvS meets you guys have_ Try and organise something during the 2 week break next time_ ;P Thanks Mic for editing the tournament thread title, been busy lately_

Laughed about the Alzi hate_ You really have to stop putting your foot in it dude_ Now you have seeded your reputation as a troll and complete moron, no-one will really take you seriously anymore_ You honestly need to look at changing this attitude_

MTGod

Smash Champion
It's cool Bob, let me know when you do (tourney's not for another 3 weeks or so :p)... Ample notice for everyone to keep their schedules free :D

As for NvS, chances are high that it'll be in 4 weeks time from now... As to what we'll be doing... hrmmm...

EDIT: Page 1100 is captured :D

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hey, I knew I wasn't up to the task of claiming page 666 - I'm not some fool who just rushes in without proper training!!!

However...

This is the draft of the OID2 Poster... Keep in mind the lack of colour is not just for legibility of the text, but also because I will be printing a few of these and don't want to spend too much money obviously :p Thoughts/opinions are appreciated :D (And yes, for those of you operating at ridiculously high contrasts, I am aware that the Brawl logo is sloppily cropped :p I got lazy, and if it is noticeable in the prints then I'll change it, but for the prints I think it'll be fine :p)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
There's something bigger in the works for early July, Andrew (SSF4 TO) wanted to keep it on the down low until it was all 100% sorted, but considering OoS presence I think we have to let the cat out of the bag. Not to take away from Jesse's tournament but it'd probably be better going to that. Not to mention it's the holiday's for most students so you get maximum time with the awesome kids like me.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yep, 100% agree with what Trav's saying (and this is what I was trying to put across to Andrew at the meeting *sigh*)...

The (proposed) tourney in July is going to be held in a larger venue than Heritage, and as Trav mentioned it will be on the holidays so if you guys come over for more than just the tournament there's gonna be more smashfests/city visits/BUBBLEFREAKINGTEA!!!! than if you come along to OID2...

Please keep in mind that no details are going to be posted about the July tournament until everything is 100% organised and confirmed, which will be sometime in June (probs mid-June?)...

Though, I'm totally flattered that interstate people would want to come to my tournament :D

Pete278

Smash Lord
There's something bigger in the works for early July, Andrew (SSF4 TO) wanted to keep it on the down low until it was all 100% sorted, but considering OoS presence I think we have to let the cat out of the bag. Not to take away from Jesse's tournament but it'd probably be better going to that. Not to mention it's the holiday's for most students so you get maximum time with the awesome kids like me.
Psst, Trav, we can't get the venue for that. Now we have to make something up before the date.

MTGod

Smash Champion
That's ultimately what we decided on for the most part Trill (is that each community will do its own thing with one or two liaisons from each scene to coordinate the two communities when necessary), however Andrew refused to/couldn't see my argument that the Smash scene is more tight knit and OoS people would definitely want to attend, which led to stalemate in the discussion that I wanted to get out of so we could get other **** done... In the end, no harm done ^^

EDIT: Pete, this is why he said it isn't 100% organised - we're still trying to sort that out... Just calm down dude xD

EDIT EDIT: Marty or Pete, change your avatar!!! Can't tell the difference between two blue blobs >.<

True Romance

Smash Ace
What part of him not wanting to print too much colour could you not understand?

Edit - Though regardless of that, the piss weak blue back ground and the amateurish hack and slash job on the nintendo characters has me thinking Jesse's is more appropriate regardless.

MTGod

Smash Champion
<3 Kane XD

Anyway, the text is pretty hard to read on your poster Alzi, as well - the white streaks in the blue background kinda don't do much for the white text in the foreground... More importantly, like the other poster you did, the text isn't prominent enough... If we were to print in black and white people wouldn't be able to read half of it anyway...

Aesthetically, yours is colourful and pretty, but like I told you before the main point we want to get across is the information about the tournament...

Alzi

Smash Master
No one will even bother to look at your poster if they saw it from a distance or if they walked past it. Like no one. Not even if it was A1 size.

Kane is a noob and needs to come to a tournament already.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol you have bad luck?

No way.

I'm mad and i said i will start owning every poster i see this includes the eastern invasion 3 poster. Even if you guys still don't agree deep down inside me it still owns it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
>implying Alzi knows anything about other things
He knows a lot about Spirit Tracks. He bought the prima guide! :o

Zeni zen! <3 Squirtle's voice in JP version.
Zenny zenny zenny zenny!

No one will even bother to look at your poster if they saw it from a distance or if they walked past it. Like no one. Not even if it was A1 size.
They can see the smash logo which would pull them in. Yours form a distance just looks like a picture. White text on a sky blue+white background? I had to enlarge it to max size to see if there even was text.

Alzi

Smash Master
When you print it out the text is much larger then it appears on screen.

Vlade you will never win a tournament with corpse there. Same goes to the east no Australian will win a tournament if Corpse entered it aswell.

I bought the limited edition guide mic and i've kept it sealed and in my cupboard thing.

Both of your blue blobs look terrible.

Unlike my super mario galaxy 2 avatar he is ****ing steering a spacecraft island shaped like his own face and pointing his finger somewhere.

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 BEST GAME EVERRRR.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Other oos players are going?

I was only joking guys.
I'm not allowed in Perth because Bob dislikes some people who are Jewish. And Vlade wouldn't be there to shine boomerang it away :(
Even though, holy crap I so want to go to Perth guys, you have no idea.

Just every time I have spare money, something bigger comes along.
(Like a new laptop).

Not to say I love my laptop more than Perth... but...
but...
but... ughh!

What's perth weather like in winter anyway?

Alzi

Smash Master
**** whether.

Shaya any reason why you arn't saving your money for January 7th?

We have a secret player coming to it thats really good at brawl better then m2k.

corpse woo.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Rains about once a week on average - if there's ominous clouds with no rain it's pretty windy, otherwise fine (definitely not beach weather fine though :p)... Temperatures between 10-25 degrees... Just your standard Aussie Winter I assume (without having actually been anywhere else in Australia recently, outside of an airport :p)

As for other OoS people, Luke's said a couple of times that he wants to come over for a tournament, and that he'd drag Ted along... Nova's also mentioned it... Probably best to liaise with those guys to get their actual opinions on heading over to the West ^^

Top Bottom