• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Have your own Tourney Alzi, and you can have it wherever you want :p As TO I'm trying to maximise my number of players by finding a venue around the mid-point (i.e. the City and it's immediately surrounding suburbs)... However, in most cases, the closer you are to the CBD the more expensive the cost... Ergo, I endeavour to find a happy medium if I can't get the Church (prays to God :p)

I really don't even know why I'm justifying this -.-"

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Jesse makes a clear point about a central venue_ Last few years we suffered with tourneys being either far south or far north, making it difficult for some people to attend on occasions_ A central venue is ideal for the entire community and allows for bigger (not always) turnouts_ It's just plain selfish to say you will only attend one that is close to you when plenty of people have gone out of their way_

Also i chuckled at Luke's answer to such a stupid question_ Where else Alzi_? Not everyone gets milk money from their parents_

MTGod

Smash Champion
Got a call from the church today, seems like a no go for that venue. Will hopefully find an alternate by the end of the week.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hold off on making travel plans though, Ric + OoS'ers: if I can't find another suitable venue I'll have to push the tournament back a week to get into the church... I'll be making that decision this weekend :p

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't mind the tourney being central just not down south it's way too far.
I mean it's your fault for living so down south and your fault for getting *****. ;) hahaha only kidding.

I just mean he must have a good job seeing as he will come to perth just for a regular tourney.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
[size=1I just mean he must have a good job seeing as he will come to perth just for a regular tourney.[/size]
Ever thought he may just like to travel and see new places? It's like when you went over east and Thriller was on, it's probably same concept.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Double post, shoot me.

So I just thought of a rather scary fact today.
The way we look at classic games of the 16-bit era, listen to the music, get nostalgic about them.
In 15 years, people are going to feel the same way about games of the current era, which in reality is a sad face to find games right now as "classics"

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Super Mario Galaxy is like the only thing from this generation I'd even remotely consider close to being a classic.
Or maybe Alzi's award winning personality.

Alzi

Smash Master
Nah theres some alright games.

But for us some of them won't be alright since we are too use to the old generation of gaming.

I went to Sydney to see family btw Marty i regulary go there every 4 or 5 years or so.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Really? Super Mario Galaxy 2 is old school nintendo that started you off?

Alzi

Smash Master
No marty clearly said the 16 bit era.

Thats where my post was directed at no super mario galaxy 2 as it hasn't started.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No marty clearly said the 16 bit era.

Thats where my post was directed at no super mario galaxy 2 as it hasn't started.
So? I wasn't replying to Marty, I was replying to this.

Super Mario Galaxy is like the only thing from this generation I'd even remotely consider close to being a classic.
Or maybe Alzi's award winning personality.
And last I checked, me saying "This generation" =/= 8/16 bit era.

Unless you're posting from the past??????????? :o

Richard7

Smash Ace
Speaking of that game, just passed it after about 10 years :/
I wanted to play that game, but got stuck in some part where you have to change areas in a specific order (the areas were seasons or something). I couldn't figure out what to do despite being given a hint by some NPC. Eventually I went back to the game after a year or something, looked up a walkthrough, continued through the game and then got stuck again lol. So I just gave up. I've heard so much about it and its a shame I didn't finish it.

If you guys enjoyed the playstyle of Secret of Mana, try out Secret of Evermore if you can. It was also on the SNES and its a pretty similar game. I guess it makes sense since they were both made by Square. (also known as Squaresoft and Square enix) Same thing happened to me in Evermore lol, never ended up finishing it, but played through it many times due to small vibrations freezing and deleting all savefiles of the game inserted into the NES at the time rofl.

There's also some other Japanese game made by square on the SNES called Seiken Densetsu 3, but I dont know anything about it other than the fact that the playstyle is similar to the other 2 games I've mentioned.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Okay guys, so the tournament is now going to be held on the 13th of June... Once again:::

OPERATION IMPENDING DOOM 2 WILL NOW BE HELD ON THE 13TH OF JUNE!!!

Still a Sunday :p Tournament post will be up momentarily :D

Vlade

Social Outcast
You'd have to be in the city if you're doing NvS

Yeah don't forget NvS tomorrow guys, Pot Black northbridge. I hope they DO have tables, because I've only seen on the website that they had them

MTGod

Smash Champion
They do - IIRC they're in the back room (I remember me, Trill Andy and Marty going WTF Pot Black Table Tennis :p)... As to whether they are out or not, I'm not too sure...

MTGod

Smash Champion
HI TAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, tournament post is up :D:D:D Mic/Bob, if you would XD???

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Tedeth told me that if we can get a tourney set up sometime in july then he would come over for it (and possibly luke also). Sooooooo there must be one!
I agree, have a tourney in July.
If it's after Reloaded (cbf remembering when that is), I'll come as well. <3

OMG IT'S TAILS.

HI TAILS. I talk now at tournaments you missed out on alzi speaking.
...you talk?
Outside of the Internet?
lol ok...

Top Bottom