• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Scabe

Successful Businessman
You know MetaKnight reminds me of Star Wars. MetaKnight is alot like the Darkside, where... Okay, I'm not good at explaining :urg: but anyone who's a Star Wars fan should know what I'm talking about.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Yeah just so it's clear the order I listed a players characters in directly reflects on MY personal perception of the amount of use a certain player gave to that character, they're not nessecarily accurate but the top 8 are probably pretty spot on.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I feel your pain <3 btw if i ever head over east for a tourney will you double rob with me ^^
Always wanted to try that! don't feel pressured by the fact you dont know me or have never seen me play :D

To my defence i tried to be a smasrt arse and mk ditto an mk mainer it kinda didnt work :p
Lawl, okay :3. would be pretty fun. Gyro and lazors everywhere <3 weeeeeeow. And naw its okay, I kinda freak out people I meet by being crazy and hyper xD

I'm going to start spear tackling people that nando spam me ^____^. Bowhahaha

Trillest

Smash Ace
No no no you got it wrong they will out prioritize your tackle you gotta put your arms out and spin at them just remember to go for the knees if they try and tilt up their shields :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yes I only use falco against Ice Climbers. Come to think of it I didn't use Meta that much in the singles tourney, only against Kane since he was the only ICs I versed. It just seemed like I used a lot of Meta coz of the me vs glenn as well as doubles.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You know MetaKnight reminds me of Star Wars. MetaKnight is alot like the Darkside, where... Okay, I'm not good at explaining :urg: but anyone who's a Star Wars fan should know what I'm talking about.
Funny you should mention that...

I'll do shoutouts tomorow, tired v.v

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Once I'm more consistent, I'll be beating MKs like it's nobodies business. Just you wait. I'm still proud of my effort this tournament.
Btw Quetz I'm the Diddy guy and you should come more to help me own MKs

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
Who is this **** player Glenn, that I've never seen on Smashboards but only heard of?
hi im glenn
BTW travis: i will get my revenge watch out for my ghost after alex kills me
IMA COMING FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and maybe ur spot in the next tourney

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Well I'm happy with my result today, 3 hours sleep and hangover? Bring it. :p

Team Alcohol - Awesome night guys, whether it be simply going to buy alcohol, singing, playing mario party, or narrowly surviving car accidents, I had a lot of fun. Niall (I just know i spelt that wrong but I tried) was the first time I talked to you extensively you're a top bloke man. An awesome mario party alliance too. TEAM ALCOHOL AWAAAAAY!!!

Vlade - Good **** man, first tournament win I think, awesome work. Bad luck on frigate that a some crazy stuff.

Muzga - Awwww yeaaaaaah, the first of many double's wins hopefully.

Roman - Thanks for hosting dude, you are THE champ for having us all, and putting up with team alcohols loud karaoke and other such shenanigans.

Nasch - Nice work today man, stick it to the MK's! Row row, fight the powah!

Jupz - Nice job on hosting you did well, also awesome you went out of your way for the luigi prize really shows you were dedicated to giving the tournament that extra kick.

Lord Bowser - Nice work today dude, I'm proud of you for not using MK, were looking dashing as always.

Trill - Good stuff today, didn't see you play much but you're always a laugh to talk to.

Glenn - Congratulations on winning a tournament dude! Nice talking to you and playing you in tournament was tense stuff, our TvC friendlies were nice too.

Pete - Good commentating as usual man, enjoyed our TvC matches and banter.

Techno - Good friendlies today dude, stick with the snake imo, he's looking pretty good.

Quets - Great games, you're crazy at the game for a guy that hasn't played it. Hope you attend more regularly man now you've seen how awesome we all are.

MTGod - Didn't play or talk to you too much today man but your Lucas is always getting better, keep at it. Good games in doubles.

Braddles - Didn't really get to chat to you or play you man, theres always next time I guess.

Alex - Didn't get to play any games with you today dude, but good talking to you for the little that we did.

Mic - Thanks for the lift dude, enjoyed our few 64 games, also you'll always be with me in spirit now with my Weegee plushie! :D

Brsk_ - Tough break today Bob, there's always next time, anyway always good seeing you.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
As much as i lamented at myself today, it was a relief to see you all and get some Brawl/ TvC into action_ Played some TvC tonight and completely astounded at the last boss zzz_ Although i beat him cheaply, is there any advice on general things to know about arcade mode, in particular the boss_?

Friend code is 1076-2335-8398_ Add me and PM me yours_ I'll put it in my Profile tomorrow_

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Although i beat him cheaply, is there any advice on general things to know about arcade mode, in particular the boss_?
Step 1) Pick Yattaman
Step 2) Survive first 2 forms, and have about 2 on super meter
Step 3) Spam Yatterwan TOOT TOOT!

Literally hes so big and cant sheild it the damage is insane.

Shout outs (fml my 1 hr I wanted power nap turned into 5 hrs)

Jesse: Gotta love how always in doubles one of us end up life whoring and carrying the other, think it'd be to much to ask for us to play good :p And great first game of our set, **** was so intense.

Quetz: You play a nice Peach man, maybe I'll have to learn the match up :/, plus you give a good handshake unlike alot of people *evils*

Glenn: Good **** in the first tournament, epic sets with Vlade

Alister: Good **** in the second tournament, I'm totally just copying what I said about Glenn :p

Trill: GG in doubles man, carry Kane more ;)?

Kane: Dw man I still love you, you're good fun to spike ^^

Alex: Sucks you didn't do to well today, doubles was fun though :p

Marx..Tails Niall: Good fun hanging out with you, since you actually stayed for once :p

Trav: Whoo we almost died!

Andeh: Good **** slaying those Metaknights, I am proud!

Rick: You played well, feel proud but heads up..Talk to your GF more :p

Jupz: Thanks for hosting man, I wasted a mic point =D!

Graeme: Thanks for the lift, singing and narrowly escaping poles

Bob: Go us, 17th place, losing to the exact same people... Man I'm disappointed at that :/.

Braddles: Barely talked at all..Buut, whoo Zelda!

Andre: Almost forgot you man, good work on second and laying some sick beats.

Mic: WHOO 17th with me and Bob, you see kids this is undeniable proof all the cool kids get 17th.

Pete278

Smash Lord
@Bob: The main thing to remember about Yami is that (outside of form 2), he doesn't really have much range and thus can't do much against you spamming projectiles to build meter up, then spamming projectile supers. My team of Morrigan/Frank West can do that well with rockets and the Mega Buster, but obviously some teams can't do that, like, say, Alex/Zero. In those cases, you have to watch closely what he's doing. Form 2 will be a piece of cake for those ones, since the main thing there is that he can hit the campers, but is slow as ****, so its fairly easy to just go up close there. Form 3 would be really easy, since all he does is hurricane and slam the ground occasionally...if it weren't for the super command grab. Seriously, **** that ****. He always times it so I'm doing a bloody super while he does it so I can't avoid it :<. Other than that, I play form 3 the same as 1. Oh, and don't get cornered against form 1, he'll take all your super meter.

Also, you totally forget me Marty. :<

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
So before I do my shout outs;

Thank you Kane ever soo much for letting me, stay over, making an arse of myself, and playing brawl in your house. It was much appreciated.

Alrighty, here we go;

SHOUT OUTS!

Jesse: thanks man for giving me a lift there & back home, the convosation's in the car with pete were pretty funny, besides the fact whenever it there was a hidden joke I need an explanation. Also, my "P" plater joke was really all I had, sad really :/
Anyways, good having a few games against you even though I kept getting ****ed over. Awesome seeiing yu again. (Y)

Trav: ah man, Team alcohol was epic. I think our mario party group really gave me the oppunity to get to know you, top bloke to you to man. Hilarious putting down Marty's luigi and creating alliances in Mario Party after our epic sled mini-game. Also our chats we had, from; trady thumbs, to some how back to the future stances, to small mosh pits, to ONE MORE MINUTE, also our zombie hordes whilst we sleep. And... the spa.... Haha. Unfortunately I didn't get to play you in 1v1's but im glad you didn't use the MK yesterday, hah. Looking forward to the next tournament now (Y)

Graeme: I know you don't have a SB account, but yeah its the thought that counts. Good music choice man, happy to talk to you and also go on late night macca runs with team alcohol which nearly ended in death. Also, it was funny that you lost mario party and had to eat dog food, one of the many highlights of that night.

Marty: good seeing you man, us southies stick together (Y), funny as being in the back seat of graeme's car, thinking we were going to die and telling eaach other our last wills. Also the fact that were are typical lentils, made things hilarious. Haha. Finally got to play you in 1v1's which upon my effort was ****, but they were somewhat good games man. And yes I stayed over for once! And turned out to be awesome, defiently will be trying to come to more.

Andre: thanks for letting me taste the BEST lemon, lime, and bitters drink you made. Was really awesome, unfortunate you screwed up Trav and my drink, turned out to be too lemony. Haha. Saw a lot of your MK man, seems like you had some wickedly intense matches. Also that game you were playing before we all went to bed at 5am in the morning, some what scared me. Haha.

Kane: didn't get to play you man, but was watching your ice climbers and they were turning out to be wicked as. Keep it up and glenn is going to be in trouble ;) haha.

Trill: seriously man, chicken treat hated you, but the girl was checking you and you alcohol stories out so it was alright in the end. Haha. Unlucky with the meta knight rage.

Braddles: awesome playing with you in doubles, ill definetly use Shiek with your Zelda, because that seemed to work very well towards the end. Good talking to you and playing a lot of friendlies with you, looking forward to seeing you next tourney man.

Vlade: man I was definetly edging you on to win in your matches, your falco is truely wicked. Had me on the edge of my seat with your matches against mugza. Good work on the win.

Glenn: good seeing you again man, glad you're sticking to IC. Keep it up :D

Bob: unlucky with the matches dude, good to talk to you again on the sunday. Was hoping to get some 1v1's but I was sick of brawl by the end of the day. Haha.

tbc...

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Quetz: oh man your peach is amazing, and the whole I don't play brawl makes things seem insanely impossible, you have left me in amazement, hoping you come to more tournaments man, the South needs you!

Pete: chinese food. That is all.

Mic: good match against you man, Link vs PT was insanely close, soo much fun playing that match. Unlucky that I beat you in the end, but this now means I am -1 Mic points, so don't stress. Haha

I know I've probably missed a few people in my shout outs and im sorry, but I probably did talk to you or made an arse out of myself infront of you. But all in all, the brawl community + tournaments are soo much fun as I have learned so kudos to the lot of you, except Alzi because he didn't make the effort to come. Haha

@myself: I think most of you got to know me a lot better, could have been a bad or good expierence, saturday night was awesome, I blame santa's "special" sauce aka the bailey's wanna be alcohol, for most of the impressions I gave you guys. Haha. I got to know a lot of you guys a lot better which made things less awkward on my department and a lot more socially interactive (alzi, take note). My Link was **** and so was my brawl efforts all together, I was expecting a lot more out of myself and it was just all fail, which has disapointed me yet again, hopefully things will improve.

Again, Thanks Kane for hosting the torunament it was ****ing awesome.

Splice

Smash Hero
Couldn't you just edit instead of double post ffs

I didn't see Glenn (I mean _cherv_) or tails at the tournament so I'm pretty dissapointed in you guys after all the stuff you said. Especially Glenn coz he came like 7th. Good job getting first Vlade, does it feel good? We still need to do Starfox 4 don't we... Also got to play friendlies with Mic yeah that was great ;) Charizard is pretty easy to land Judgement on with GaW.

Lord Bowser keep up the GaW rep you'll win more for serious. I'll teach you some stuff if you want especially the MK match up. You might just want to ditto other MKs but if they're better they will win but with GaW you can pull out some cool **** so yeah take me up on that if you'd like.

Splice

Smash Hero
You failed trolling, we actually did complete Starfox 4.. What now?
You'd almost be right... if you correctly guessed my intentions.
I was actually asking because I'm interested in knowing, not because I wanted to troll (:mad:) , so what was the top 4?
I wasn't paying attention. Doesn't mean I wasn't at the tournament, geez unfriendly aren't we Marteh?

Also I forgot to be social with Techno at the tournament. Sorry. :(

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
hey guys im not going to do any specific shoutouts because im still not the best with all the names so i might make a |)ick of myself =/ what i can say is ur all an awesome bunch of ppl and ur all very skilled at the character(s) u play =) it was a top atmosphere, ty to those who organised it, il make myself more known at the next one i promise, so il get to know all of you, cheers tails for the doubles mate, REPRESENT =D and no doubt il see yous all at the next one, i swear il be up and coming in the ranks,
-cheers guys

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
@Brad yeah man our shiek/zelda combo towards the end really worked out, also was awesome talking to you & hanging out with you.
Your Zelda is topshelf mate, keep it up.

Alzi

Smash Master
I might give you guys a sneak peek of the new eastern invasion 3 poster.

I so would of won this tournament if i went.

Muzga

Smash Ace
I might give you guys a sneak peek of the new eastern invasion 3 poster.

I so would of won this tournament if i went.
You should probably make a thread where you can put all this stupid crap you post and keep it to that post. That way we'd all be able to ignore you and not have to read your redundant posts.

You should call it "Alzi's amazing world of wonder where people care about his opinion"
And try desperately to keep that thread alive while nobody else posts in or reads it
because they have the choice to not read it

If i had a dollar for everything intelligent thats come from you on these forums or real brawlers im pretty sure i would be completely broke

Splice

Smash Hero
You should probably make a thread where you can put all this stupid crap you post and keep it to that post. That way we'd all be able to ignore you and not have to read your redundant posts.

You should call it "Alzi's amazing world of wonder where people care about his opinion"
And try desperately to keep that thread alive while nobody else posts in or reads it
because they have the choice to not read it

If i had a dollar for everything intelligent thats come from you on these forums or real brawlers im pretty sure i would be completely broke
How do you use that thing that makes it so you cant see what certain users post? Unreon did it to Scabe someone needs to teach Perth to do it to Alzi.

Muzga

Smash Ace
well that kind of conflicts with my policy of "dont do unneccesarry work"
Although if people start preventing themselves from seeing alzis posts i may follow suit

Alzi

Smash Master
You put that person on your ignore list in the user CP section.

Once you have done that anything that person has posted you will not see. Which is a shame i'm sure people love me posting.

Andre is just way to mad atm from my one line of sarcasm. ;)

Muzga

Smash Ace
So is constantly forcing your opinions down peoples throats.
Its like asking for water and getting throatraped by a grater

Alzi

Smash Master
Guys i need you all to vote on what mario you want in the eastern invasion 3 poster. I will post them up now:

WHICH MARIO SHALL BE IN THE POSTER?

Mario is going to be standing in the middle and the other characters will be behind him in a diagonal way. So for me i think the first mario would look best since he does have a serious look on his face while the 3rd mario would look good to because he is standing directly in the middle the 2nd mario although it is brawl mario imo won't look the best because he is faceing to the left.

Opinions?

Top Bottom