• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Pete278

Smash Lord
Masked Love Bandits came 7th in doubles, Kane and Corey came 9th and Richard and Graeme came 9th. MLB had to eliminate Richard and Graeme, alas. 15 teams entered.

Cartel

Smash Rookie
hiii all :D
I just signed up, I'm a girl and I love SSBB
my cousin is Tails and we're going to go to lots of events :D:D
nice to meet yu !

Splice

Smash Hero
@Pete : Feels pretty easy, this smash game. It's like putty in my Perthian hands. I just win y'know? I bet you're used to it by now.

nice to meet yu !
Hello! I hope you have a great time in the beautiful smash scene that we are running here in Perth!

Such an amazing smash scene... You sure are lucky to be in Perth, Cartel ;) ...

Pete278

Smash Lord
nice to meet yu !
Hullo and welcome to Perth, home to the greatest Smash players in Australia! As Splice said above, you're really lucky to be here. We've got Corpsecreate (or Sam), best in Australia (plays Toon Link!), we've got Vlade (or Alister), who's the only one besides Sam's brother who can even challenge the titan, we've got Lord Bowser (Trav), who's a fellow commentator of mine and has a voice that sounds suspiciously like mine, and a bunch of other awesome people. I'm Pete278 (guess my real name :D), the regular commentator because I'm bad at the game but know too much to just leave. Hope you like the Perth scene.

@Splice: Yeah, we're pretty used to it. Its like we're born with a silver Metaknight, y'know?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I'm hoping to god you don't look like him.. That'd be scary.

Anyway awesome, welcome to the forums..And what 2 link mains?
We are so un-tier whoreish, Perth ftw.

So I just got up to MM's water temple in 5 hrs 30, I did mess around alot and make mistakes, could most likely fix that by about an hour :p

Man this is tiring, I need a guide for the water temple..

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping to god you don't look like him.. That'd be scary.

Anyway awesome, welcome to the forums..And what 2 link mains?
We are so un-tier whoreish, Perth ftw.

So I just got up to MM's water temple in 5 hrs 30, I did mess around alot and make mistakes, could most likely fix that by about an hour :p

Man this is tiring, I need a guide for the water temple..
haha. Link is full of awesome.

blegh, i dont know how you do it. playing non-stop zelda. what a patriot.
i need to set my 64 up again so i can play OoT...

Cartel

Smash Rookie
@splice yeah, I've heard only good things about perth's scene! :D

@Pete278 thanks for the welcome! Perth sounds like its full of awesum players :D I'm happy to be here!!

@Marteh Glad to hear we're not whoreish :D:D

MTGod

Smash Champion
Welcome, Cartel - we wish you a very merry Perth brawl induction :p I take it you and Tails will be teaming in doubles, then :D??? Dub Links, oh noes :p Chances are you probably won't recognise me, because I really have no distinguishing features xD But if you see someone cringing when people start singing the PokeRap, that's most likely me ^^

Pete278

Smash Lord
Welcome, Cartel - we wish you a very merry Perth brawl induction :p I take it you and Tails will be teaming in doubles, then :D??? Dub Links, oh noes :p Chances are you probably won't recognise me, because I really have no distinguishing features xD But if you see someone cringing when people start singing the PokeRap, that's most likely me ^^
He lies, of course. Nobody cringes when somebody sings the PokeRap. That's just preposterous.

Now seems like a great time to remind everyone that I have a blog that (at least partially) involves the great Perth smash scene. Full recollections of Perth smashfests and tournaments are accesible there (at least the ones after I started the blog that I was at). So, if you want to see why Perth is the greatest state, visit http://bulletpunch.blogspot.com. I hope to have you reading soon.

Cartel

Smash Rookie
oh doubles sounds fun :D:D dub links it is.
I need to get better tho so that my emo link can ownage :)

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
dont know about doubles yet, im with Ben (my friend, that uses lucas) in doubles.
we will see :p

Pete, were you at Marteh's? the PT user?
i am still not sure whos who. its terrbile. haha.
probably should have asked when i was there...

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hello everyone
im new here and looking to join some comps hehe =]
How are we all?
Wow, two newcomers in one hour!!! I have a feeling the word is spreading about our awesomeness :p Welcome, Fearr :D There's no tournament organised just yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion there'll be one happening in early January, if not this month :p There is more likely to be a smashfest (gathering of smashers) to celebrate the triumphant return of our Squat reps, so you're more than welcome to come to that if/when it happens ^^ The details will be discussed and posted within this thread so stay tuned (and be warned - when there's hype, this thread moves VERY fast :p Make sure to refresh xD)

EDIT: Pete, you need to advertise your commentation more... Put a link to your best work in your Sig or something :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Hello everyone
How are we all?
2 New people in one day? That's pretty awesome
Welcome to the scene and such, and if you're looking for comps, chances are you'll have to wait until early next year :p
Still yay for new people.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Wow, two newcomers in one hour!!! I have a feeling the word is spreading about our awesomeness :p Welcome, Fearr :D There's no tournament organised just yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion there'll be one happening in early January, if not this month :p There is more likely to be a smashfest (gathering of smashers) to celebrate the triumphant return of our Squat reps, so you're more than welcome to come to that if/when it happens ^^ The details will be discussed and posted within this thread so stay tuned (and be warned - when there's hype, this thread moves VERY fast :p Make sure to refresh xD)

EDIT: Pete, you need to advertise your commentation more... Put a link to your best work in your Sig or something :p
But you didn't turn up to a smashfest as your first thing and it'll probably be at the same guy's house! You contradictory man!

Clearly, word of the mighty WA has spread through the ranks, and drawn out many newcomers to reinforce our great greatness.

Fearr.

Smash Cadet

haha xD PURE AWESOMENESS
dam im away in early jan :( its okay ill be waiting =]

Splice

Smash Hero
AS far as skill goes, Perth is large and talented enough to be it's own country if it so desires <3

Hello everyone
How are we all?
Oh boy well aren't you lucky to be in Perth!
We are fantastic because up here everyone is #1, except Corpse who is #i.

Today is a fantastic day for newcomers to be welcomed into the loving state Country of Perth.

MTGod

Smash Champion
But you didn't turn up to a smashfest as your first thing and it'll probably be at the same guy's house! You contradictory man!

Clearly, word of the mighty WA has spread through the ranks, and drawn out many newcomers to reinforce our great greatness.
"Our state is great; our greatness is greater than all the other greatnesses of all the other states, combined. And it is that greatness that makes us GREAT!!!"

Props to anyone who knows the reference - a pox on all those who don't :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
AS far as skill goes, Perth is large and talented enough to be it's own country if it so desires <3

Oh boy well aren't you lucky to be in Perth!
We are fantastic because up here everyone is #1, except Corpse who is #i.

Today is a fantastic day for newcomers to be welcomed into the loving state Country of Perth.
In the old days, WA tried to seperate from the rest of Australia to our country, but the British still had control and wouldn't let us. That's the real WA motive for wanting a republic: so we can seperate.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
"Our state is great; our greatness is greater than all the other greatnesses of all the other states, combined. And it is that greatness that makes us GREAT!!!"

Props to anyone who knows the reference - a pox on all those who don't :p
im going to say, pete?
i feel bad for not knowing him, before.
:/

sorry Pete. <3

MTGod

Smash Champion
That was a viable option before and while the Eastern states were mooching off our mining money a lot, but that's not so much the case now - I reckon if we did become a republic, we would lack the authority and structure to be successful...

Tails = Fails :p POX ON YOU

Top Bottom