• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
*watches ric's link to the 64ssb thing.*

I'm definetely going to hack my wii and get it.

@ vlade- I aint a melee pro though. if it is free i will enter. I only played samus and roy as mains.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Lol everyone dropped out of SQUAT >_> If I have money then i'm almost certainly going, and hopefully samuel and andre can come as well :) and richard if he's willing to spend money before getting his new computer XD

We need to prove that Perth isn't as bad as it seems :)

It's going to be BOTH 64 and melee. Melee we'll probably charge an entry fee of $5 to get the competition pumping.

Muzga

Smash Ace
I just added gametraders whitfords on facebook. They offer discounts for their facebook friends and no im not joking about that. It seems to be checked pretty often so i left a reccomendation regarding a brawl tournament and gave them a few details. if youve got facebook you should jump in, if they get enough suggestions im sure theyll consider doing a brawl tournament:D they already do stuff like guitar hero tournaments
Again, if youre interested you should jump in.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I just hope that if they host a tournament that they won't have gay rulesets though.

It would be really awesome if they could sponsor us or something though, provide trips to the east to compete in SQUAT :)

Pete278

Smash Lord
I just hope that if they host a tournament that they won't have gay rulesets though.

It would be really awesome if they could sponsor us or something though, provide trips to the east to compete in SQUAT :)
RFLAN agreed to our ruleset last time, but I still got accused of spamming by some Mortal Kombat kid. :/
So, if they could, Gametraders prob. would.

Also, yay, Melee. :D

Alzi

Smash Master

I already know the tier list and which characters are uber and all in smash 64 even though i haven't even played it. I played it once just to test out if it's working then put it back in my sexy cabinet.

Do you guys think we should bring in the original smash 64 with a n64 and n64 controller or have someone have it on their wii so we can play with gamecube controller?

Game traders whitfords i go there everytime almost once a week. Someone bought my mario party 2 game that was boxed that i was planning to get but was cheap at the time.

Many people from my school go to whitfords so i won't probally go if they ever do host a brawl tourney. lol.

As for melee i use to love it so much but now i hate it and don't play it.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Yeah its on VC.

That game's hitstun is hilariously too much. Oh btw the Z canceling that was mentioned earlier shouldn't actually be called that, should still be called L canceling because L canceling means lag canceling, its not what buttom you push. But yeah, afaik, the L canceling in that game completely removes the landing lag, not half of it like in Melee.

Check out this video of the best smash 64 player (the Fox player).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFL-mvl22Po
Actually smash64 was the first game in the series and it's always been called z-cancelling so that was the original name but when melee was released due to no z button they re-named it l-canceling in that game. The hitstun is awesome, it also allows for the most equal game in the series because evryone has a chance to combo each other. Also Isai is a beast, so is Superboomfan.

Definitely on a N64 Alzi the orginal is the best besides it'd feel wierd playing it with a GC controller. I wouldn't worry about the tier list just know pika is the best and link and samus are bad, but when it comes down to it all can be played well just type Isai and a charcter in youtube.

Pete278

Smash Lord

I already know the tier list and which characters are uber and all in smash 64 even though i haven't even played it. I played it once just to test out if it's working then put it back in my sexy cabinet.

Do you guys think we should bring in the original smash 64 with a n64 and n64 controller or have someone have it on their wii so we can play with gamecube controller?

Game traders whitfords i go there everytime almost once a week. Someone bought my mario party 2 game that was boxed that i was planning to get but was cheap at the time.

Many people from my school go to whitfords so i won't probally go if they ever do host a brawl tourney. lol.

How could you hate Brawl.2? :p

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm too noob at melee and i hate the hitstun lol. It's mainly since i'm use to brawl now really.

You mean VC elton.

Jupz

Smash Master
I've never even played one game of melee or 64 but ill enter the tournies for the lulz :p

yeah wish the camp was like a few days before :\

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So I borrowed Deans brawl for a test today...Conclusions. My Wii cant read dual layers anymore, I might be able to send it off but all the homebrewing >>; lol

Jono!

Smash Journeyman

Is this cos i **** u?

Soz for my inactivity, ive been like super man capped and its NOT giving me erections. I ****ING LOVE THE IDEA OF MELEE/SSB64 TOURNIES OMG MY NIPPLES SO ERECTED ATM.

Ive got a sexy combo with falco in melee, I call it The Jombo (combine my name with the word combo, am i 2g or what?)

Alzi

Smash Master
You do **** me pretty bad at melee i will be honest with that. lol.

Jombo wombo combo.

Can we go double captain falcon for doubles? I mean you could think of so many combo's.

Jupz

Smash Master
:\

Woah that sucks. My friend lives in kalgoorlie and he can make it up each school holidays.

Are there any other smashers in geraldton? Are you old enough to drive?

Also im up for the melee tournament even though ive never played a game of melee in my life

Pete278

Smash Lord
:\

Woah that sucks. My friend lives in kalgoorlie and he can make it up each school holidays.

Are there any other smashers in geraldton? Are you old enough to drive?

Also im up for the melee tournament even though ive never played a game of melee in my life
That could be a negative for you. Just guessing.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Yeah Z canceling definitely exists. It's the term that most 64 players use to describe it, and as Trav stated 64 came first. Just rediscovered the gay chain that DK has lol, lame but highly amusing

Jupz

Smash Master
yeah but it goes towards venue fee and it will be funny :p

ill probably be hosting a tourney at the winners club sunday 4th october :)

Alzi

Smash Master
Kane you should be active here from time to time so should some others so we can all become one family.

I will thing about entering melee or not to be honest it really pisses me off. I use to play it with my cousin when he was here still and i would always go young link and he would go falco and we would always play on Corneria. Good times...

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Vlade standard rules for 64 are

Double Elimination

All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.

5 stock, 10 min Time limit

Team Attack On

No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stop with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.

Items OFF

Stages/Characters:

Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.

Banned:Sector Z, Yoshi's Island, Mushroom Kingdom, Planet Zebes

If a player plays Ness; he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.

First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage

Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

True Romance

Smash Ace
Yeah two set ups would be good Trav, and I have no problems with people borrowing my controllers with fresh sticks in them as long as you don't go all mario party on them :D Considering the entry fee for 64 is gonna be bugger all I hope we have quite a few people entering, even if it's jsut for the lols, so 2 set ups will get through things quicker.

And yeah Alzi, I'm gonna try to put in an effort to get involved in the community a bit more. Thing is I'm not much of a forum person, generally I just tend to lurk :p But I'm gonna try to post a bit more. My email is kane.hronsky@gmail.com, add me on msn as I'd like to see if I could play a few of you guys on wifi. I don't really have things set up the best to do this but if any wifi vets could help me out that'd be good :D

True Romance

Smash Ace
Is Perth still not posting the results of Objection 4?

Or did I miss them inbetween reading Vlade saying "Dont want to post them" and now?
Shaya, don't quote me but these are clsoe to it.

1st - Corpse
2nd- Ric
3rd - Alzi
4th - Elton
5th - Proxy
5th - Icies Player (sorry forgot name but was using Popo tag)
7th - Myself
7th - Jupz
9th - Nasch
9th - Vlade

Can't remember anyone below that sorry but I'm pretty sure those are all right.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
Shaya, don't quote me but these are clsoe to it.

1st - Corpse-toon link
2nd- Ric-wario???
3rd - Alzi-toon link
4th - Elton-snake
5th - Proxy-snake
5th - glenn-IC/a little bit of falco
7th - Myself-MK
7th - Jupz-DDD?

Can't remember anyone below that sorry but I'm pretty sure those are all right.
i know thats all right except not sure about jupz, and not sure if ric went anyone else??

i think there were 28 entrants

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
28 entrants is correct_

Sigh at the first time i haven't been in the top 10_ I still think the pools lead to a fairly lame indication of results_ Give people best of 3 with counterpicks and it would have been different_ Some players who placed lower would of actually gotten higher placings if they had their '3rd chance' so to speak_

Alzi

Smash Master
Ric and i did a captain falcon match in our last tourney match. As a sign of respect for captain falcon himself.

I added you on msn Kane.

Top Bottom